Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Watery Eyes? (Does anyone know of this symptom has a name?)  (Read 1654 times)

Offline chengdu

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Watery Eyes? (Does anyone know of this symptom has a name?)
« on: January 13, 2008, 11:04:00 PM »
I try to research the different anxiety symptoms I have, but I've not had too much luck finding info about one of them because I'm not sure of it has a "name." Basically, when I go into public places or get self-conscious, often my eyes start to tear up. (This in-and-of itself leads to even more anxiety and self-consciousness) I realize this is a response to adrenaline pumping through my body as a reaction to a stressful situation, but I'm just wondering if the tearing/watery eye aspect has a specific name. From searching the net I see that there are lots of things regarding other aspects of social anxiety disorder, such as trembling, blushing, and sweating, but I can't seem to find anything on this subject, So if anyone knows of any particular websites or discussion threads related to this topic, I'd be much obliged. Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dune

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: Watery Eyes? (Does anyone know of this symptom has a name?)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 03:27:56 PM »
Lachrymal gland are under autonomic control (sympathtic nervous system).

Anxiety plays havoc with our autonomic and hormonal systems.

Your tear glands have probably just been overproducing due to this.

It wont have a name as its a symptom of anxiety not a condition in its own right.
Bookmark and Share
Fear is the mind-killer.

Offline retrogurl88

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relieved
    Relieved
  • Seasoned Anxiety Veteran
    • Poke This Member
Re: Watery Eyes? (Does anyone know of this symptom has a name?)
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 04:57:28 PM »
I would keep researching the specific symptoms of your anxiety to a minimum.  Although, it is good to be informed, I think reading up on all of your body responses adds to your anxiety, because it causes you to ruminate more on them.

Just a thought.
Bookmark and Share
"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do."--Eleanor Roosevelt

Tags: