Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pain in chest above left breast near armpit. Heart? Pulled muscle? Go to the ER?  (Read 54072 times)

Offline sickofsickness

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi everyone. I'm in pretty bad pain as I type this. I have this pain in my chest above my left breast near my armpit. The pain is occasionally throbbing, though right now it's more of a dull ache. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to move that part of my body, as it hurts whenever I try. Should I go to the ER? I'm pretty tempted to do so?
Bookmark and Share

Offline sickofsickness

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Part of me thinks it might be anxiety too but I'm always afraid I'll dismiss something serious as anxiety. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline kindablue

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sounds muscular.  Pain related to the heart wouldn't be localized.  Try some stretches.
Bookmark and Share

Offline yahoo2000

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
I'm sure it's NOT a heart attack or angina, most likely muscle spasm or gas related. If you go to ER you will spend 4-5 hours just to be told that you're ok and it's not related to your heart.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Suzanne

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
The fact that you do not mention pain anywhere else, is a fantastic sign:D

I get this an awful lot and at first, yep I panicked to, then calmed myself down because I did not have the classic signs of a heart attack and after doing a bit of research, I discovered that GERD suffers get this a lot and guess what? I am a GERD sufferer - well was until I have meds to calm it down!

I shall not say what happens because I know very well that your mind will come up with these pains which will just add to your distress.

Many say that they know when they are having an heart attack, and do you know what? You can actually do something to stop it getting worse!!!  TAKE DEEP BREATHS AND DEEP COUGHS EVERY FEW SECONDS and this will save your life! 

When my left side starts hurting - just as you describe, I automatically breath deeply.
Bookmark and Share
You can't  enjoy the rainbow without a little rain.

Offline tiredofbeingtired34

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I get the same pains. not sure what it is either.  i think it has to do with anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sickofsickness

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
The fact that you do not mention pain anywhere else, is a fantastic sign:D

I get this an awful lot and at first, yep I panicked to, then calmed myself down because I did not have the classic signs of a heart attack and after doing a bit of research, I discovered that GERD suffers get this a lot and guess what? I am a GERD sufferer - well was until I have meds to calm it down!

I shall not say what happens because I know very well that your mind will come up with these pains which will just add to your distress.

Many say that they know when they are having an heart attack, and do you know what? You can actually do something to stop it getting worse!!!  TAKE DEEP BREATHS AND DEEP COUGHS EVERY FEW SECONDS and this will save your life! 

When my left side starts hurting - just as you describe, I automatically breath deeply.
I actually get pain in my left arm, shoulder, and under my armpit as well, though those pains aren't as consistent. I actually have pain under my armpit right now, though the chest pain has turned into chest burning/tightness.

I also wonder if it's a gas issue...I've been burping a lot as well.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: