Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Articles   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Is it normal to have veins all over my chest/breasts?  (Read 22229 times)

Offline AbnormallyAnxious

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is it normal to have veins all over my chest/breasts?
« on: December 04, 2012, 02:58:23 PM »
I'm freaking out. Last night I looked into the mirror and saw many veins on the top of my chest on the left and right sides right where the woman that gave em an echo yesterday but the ekg wires. So I'm freaking out, I'm thinking maybe the ekg has affected my heart/veins/nerves... And the other area I have noticeable freaky veins is right under my top chest, on my breasts. My left breast had a couple thick green very visible veins, and my right did too not that many and not as thick.
This morning I woke up and the vein visibility had decreased a lot, but they're still a little visible, on my left breast. That eased my frustration a bit, however now at 2PM they're a lot more visible.. WHAT IS THIS  :fragend005:. The scary part is there's more veins on the right breast, in the heart area o.O. Some lines are squiggly, some straight. But they're driving me nuts, and making me think twice.
If you have any questions PLEASE ask.. btw I'm 18 if that matters.
Bookmark and Share

Offline SighNoMore

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is it normal to have veins all over my chest/breasts?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 03:12:21 PM »
Yes, it is normal to have visible veins on your breast and chest. Veins are more noticeable from moment to moment depending on activity, etc. You are also probably noticing them more/less because of how you are focused on them.

Veins are all different...some larger than others, some smaller, some straight, some bent and curved. You have to stop self-examining your body or you will find something else to worry about. Until you tackle your anxiety you are not going to be able to move past this.
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 03:37:00 PM »
I wasn't focused on them. I was brushing my teeth and a bunch of GREEN spots were visible on my chest through the mirror.. and the reason why I'm really concerned is because the thing I worry/fear the most is a heart problem.. and when I see signs like this, like things in the chest area (the heart area), how can I not freak?
Bookmark and Share

Offline gcalex

• Rec's: 46
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 03:41:21 PM »
Wasn't it just yesterday you were convinced EKGs had damaged your heart.  PLEASE PLEASE for your own sake examine your own pattern and try to break the cycle instead of finding successive things to be fearful about.
Bookmark and Share

Online sixpack

• Rec's: 197
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 03:55:10 PM »
MAN o man I'd be ever more concerned if I didn't have veins all over my chest/breasts.    How the heck would my body receive nutrition and oxygen otherwise?
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 04:03:07 PM »
So girls who have veins on their chest & breasts have better oxygen? That's ridiculous. There are a lot of girls who don't and they're perfectly fine. Try going to the beach, see all those girls in bikinis. Look at their chests, and you'll see just plain clear skin with nothing there. No vein, nada.
Bookmark and Share

Online sixpack

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 04:04:51 PM »
UMMM

I was being facitious.  I was trying to give you a bit of a SNAP to get you out of your faulty over thinking that is running you into the ground.

My point was also to say, what does it matter if your veins are showing up on your chest and breasts???   

YOu need to take a GIANT BREATH and see that you are making yourself  :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline SighNoMore

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 04:06:15 PM »
Even if you say you aren't focused on them you are...your subconscious is so tied to your heart issues your brain and emotions are seeking out issues that are simply NOT there. As gcalex said, you have got to get a handle on this and not jump from one issue to another concerning your heart. I realize the fear, believe me I live with fears about things too, but your incessant preoccupation with finding the tiniest detail is your undoing. Please get some help with counseling and trust the test results. This many tests would have turned up an issue.

You can beat these thoughts! I know it!
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 04:33:35 PM »
UMMM

I was being facitious.  I was trying to give you a bit of a SNAP to get you out of your faulty over thinking that is running you into the ground.

My point was also to say, what does it matter if your veins are showing up on your chest and breasts???   

YOu need to take a GIANT BREATH and see that you are making yourself  :spineyes:

What do you mean what does it matter? Why wouldn't it matter? Any difference in someone's body should be confronted.. Especially when it comes to veins (circulation), the chest (heart).. things of that matter.

And I know you're trying to make me worry less, but please don't be factious. I only believe logical statistics..
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 04:36:49 PM »
Even if you say you aren't focused on them you are...your subconscious is so tied to your heart issues your brain and emotions are seeking out issues that are simply NOT there. As gcalex said, you have got to get a handle on this and not jump from one issue to another concerning your heart. I realize the fear, believe me I live with fears about things too, but your incessant preoccupation with finding the tiniest detail is your undoing. Please get some help with counseling and trust the test results. This many tests would have turned up an issue.

I'm not paranoid. I only had one EKG, and it was borderline plus they diagnosed me with right atrial enlargement. I got an echo yesterday, and ever since my chest has been more pressured, more heavy.. I just feel worse. It's very frustrating, and I can't help but to think the echo has affected me.
Bookmark and Share

Online sixpack

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 04:41:30 PM »
EVERY thing needs to be confronted????  That is the way a person with an amped up anxious mind thinks.  That is illogical.

It doesn't matter if your veins are seen or not.  that is what doesn't matter.  Mine have been very visible at times and at other times not.  It is NOT a determiner of your heart about to give out.

AA---you are allowing your anxious over thinking run you into the ground.  You say you only look at logical statistics all the while you allow your illogical thinking to interpret every bit of body noise to the point of something dire.   

You will NOT get better as long as you listen to the lies that your anxiety is telling you.  I've been there but I've come out the other side because I finally decided I had had enough.  What are you willing to do to pull yourself out of this? 

Bookmark and Share

Online sixpack

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 04:42:17 PM »
when have echocardiograms harmed people?

If you have some heart ailment, then it will be dealt with.  The anxiety over it will not protect you from harm.
Bookmark and Share

Offline gcalex

• Rec's: 46
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 04:57:07 PM »
WAIT before you said the EKG harmed you, now it is the echo that harmed you?  Or is it both?
Bookmark and Share

Offline SighNoMore

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 05:00:06 PM »

I'm not paranoid. I only had one EKG, and it was borderline plus they diagnosed me with right atrial enlargement. I got an echo yesterday, and ever since my chest has been more pressured, more heavy.. I just feel worse. It's very frustrating, and I can't help but to think the echo has affected me.

No one said you were paranoid. Just because you are subconsciously focusing on something doesn't mean you are paranoid. I nor no one else said that. Your chest feels heavy, etc because your anxiety is telling you to experience those sensations. Yes, you may have enlargement, but your anxiety is making it seem more than it is.
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 05:14:35 PM »
Are you 2 women? If so, how old if you don't mind?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: