Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Keep waking up at 2 or 3am  (Read 7435 times)

Offline Soccer_Dude

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Keep waking up at 2 or 3am
« on: August 26, 2012, 12:39:47 AM »
Hi,

Long story short, about 1.2 years ago, I started having bad anxiety, panic, insomnia, and some depression (aggravated).  I've had insomnia for over 10 monhts, severe at times.  It seemed that I was stimulated by adrenaline, and my brain just wouldn't turn off, and I wasn't a wee bit tired at night and I would just sit there, never falling asleep.  I'd go 0 hours of sleep some times.  This is how it started.  The, months later, I start falling alseep, then wake up 1-2 hours later and can't sleep any more.  Now, I fall asleep fairly quickly, but wake up at 2 or 3am and can't sleep any more. 

I've tried EVERYTHING almost..... I've tried herbs like Kava, Valerian, California Poppy, Hops, Lemon Balm, etc...I've tried magnesium (magnesium/b shot helped me sleep like a baby the first time, but that was it),  Melatonin, GABA, L-Theanine, 5-htp, L-Tryptophan, (Don't use 5-htp or L-tryptophan if you are on Antidepressents), etc.....Nothing touches my insomnia.  I tried Remeron once, after a bad experience with Lexapro.  I got off Lexapro, started feeling a little better, then started Remeron. The first night on Remeron I slept like a baby, slept through the night, woke up feeling refreshed and my mood was better.  The next few nights weren't as good, but still much better than before. I started having VERY vivid dreams on Remeron, some times it felt like I was awake during the dreams, so it didn't seem like I slept as good, but I was still sleeping and feeling better.  After a week on Remeron, I was feeling REALLY good, and I had the best day of feeling good than I had in years, but then the effect wore off, and I fell into a relapse and Remeron never worked again like that.  It either popped out already or I had Lexapro withdrawal that ruined everything.  Anyway, I'm Remeron, had a bad withdrawal, and I think I'm still having issues from it.

In any case, I still fall asleep okay, but keep waking up like 2 or 3 am and can't get back to sleep, or if I do, I just snooze off and on.  This is taking a toll on me.

I will not try Remeron again. I don't want to try any sleep class meds.  Does anyone have any other suggestions?  I was on Xanax for a while when my insomnia first hit, one of the reasons my doc put me on it because I had a major panic attack (first one like it ever) and I slept 0 hours for four nights straight. I kept getting adrenaline rushes.  Xanax helped for about one week, then all heck broke loose, and it never helped again with sleep or anxiety. I think I became tollerant and was having interdose withdrawal side effects. I went up in dose a little but I don't think it helped, then I tapered off it.  I've never been the same since.

Soccer
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 168
    • Poke This Member
Re: Keep waking up at 2 or 3am
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 06:18:56 AM »
I currently take remeron 30mg. I know what you mean about the dreams. I actually love them. It was a side effect of remeron. But as you say it is like a lot of adrenaline within. Have you tried maybe burning this off? Few exercises. Try to make yourself tired. The worst thing you can try and do is force yourself to go asleep. That never worked for anybody at all. But anxiety is like an energy / adrenaline. So treat it as such. And what / how would you normally get rid of energy / adrenaline? I would try burn it off. Sit ups or press ups. I am not saying you have to push yourself too hard. Just a work out to release that built up adrenaline. It might work. Might not. Just a suggestion.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline BuzzBee1

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 10:38:23 AM »
Soccer, I wish I could help u with this, as I suffer from the same thing.  I know that the days r so much better if u have a good night's sleep.

Mine has gotten better since the Lex has kicked in.  I am off the sleep aids and trying other things......chamomile tea, milk, white noise, relaxation techniques.

So far my best results have been a hot tub bath, drinking a full glass of milk, and listening to Sleepmaker app on iPad.  It's not perfect, but it has helped.

I hope you can find some relief.  I know it's miserable and yours is much worse than mine.  If you find any solutions, please share.
Bookmark and Share

Offline BuzzedOnAnxiety

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 05:50:51 AM »
Hi, Something I searched on google. Its about your liver regenerates around 3am. Its normal and everyone is the same but read this if you want.
Its very indepths, and you can even make a cocktail that helps :) Its nothing unusual the 3 am waking up thing for people that are stressed.
http://www.rejuvinstitute.com/why-do-i-always-wake-up-at-3am#.UE8Iga7pFR4

Bookmark and Share
If I had a dollar for every panic attack I have ever had, I'd be one rich, stressed, nervous individual

Offline creamcheese

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 12:25:13 PM »
What time do you sleep? I have the same situation except I wake up around 5, 6 or 7 AM due to sleeping at around 2 or 3. lol. Maybe it follows a similar pattern. I'm not on any drugs/meds
Bookmark and Share

Offline Soccer_Dude

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 04:30:42 PM »
Hi,

I try to go to bed by 9:30pm, 10pm or 11pm at the VERY latest.  But, I keep waking up at 3am.  I have tried the cocktail mentioned above for a few nights, but not sure it's working as I've been stimulated by something else that is keeping me awake. I will keep trying it for now.

Soccer
Bookmark and Share

Tags: