Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: weird itchy spots on skin allergie?? rash?? VERY ODD!  (Read 7103 times)

Offline mel4962

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
weird itchy spots on skin allergie?? rash?? VERY ODD!
« on: August 15, 2012, 04:49:36 PM »
hola!!   i have been getting these really weird symptoms.  Please let me know if you have had anything like this.

i will be sitting on the couch (or anywhere) and all of a sudden my ankle will get itchy....i ignore it....ignore...ignore....and as soon as i am about to reach down and scratch.....i see a red blotch.....hmm???   i leave it alone and within 3-5 minutes the blotch is gone and so is the itch......this happens in random spots on my body though out the day...   ill itch on my finger.....red blotch....leave it....3-5 minutes its gone?  what in the world kind of a new thing is this?  hives?  uticaria?     a few months ago i went to the dr complaining of itching and he did a test where he ran his finger nail down my arms, back, and chest.  He said i have mild "dermographia"  well thats all fine and good...however i didnt do anything to make the "blotch: appear...it came all by itself.                         i also had a full blood count and a chest x ray done about 2.5 months ago and all was great!     PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME THEY HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline JER2911

• Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
  • Rec's: 28
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
Re: weird itchy spots on skin allergie?? rash?? VERY ODD!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 04:53:03 PM »
I get this ALL the time!  It's random hives..the only thing I can think of is allergies.  I've brought it up to doctor's and they never seemed concerned about it...
Bookmark and Share
Matthew 6:27  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Offline mel4962

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 04:57:14 PM »
REALLY!!???     sometimes i will get the random hive that actually looks like a hive (like a little bump)   but the red blotches...they are flat....just a change in skin color.    did yours disapear like this so fast?                              i mean i still get the itchy spots that will stay itchy for hours or days, but lotion is helping a lot with those spots.   i wonder if that is also an allergy or type of hive.
Bookmark and Share

Offline JER2911

• Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 04:59:29 PM »
Yes, hives can be raised or flat...I've had both and they do appear very quickly.  They itch and then they are gone.  I've always thought it was weird, but no Dr. ever thought anything of it..just said it was an allergy to dust, or mold or cat dander..
Bookmark and Share

Offline mel4962

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 05:07:47 PM »
thank you so much! :) it feels so much better knowing someone can relate to a "new" symptom.      i freaked a little when i was looking through old threads and someone mentioned "red blotches on the skin can be leukemia"  :sprachlos020:   baaahhh  i freaked
Bookmark and Share

Offline JER2911

Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 05:38:25 PM »
Yeah, leukemia blotches are totally different...they don't go away either and they multiply and it's more like little red dots under the skin that don't blanch when you press on them...what you are describing sounds just like hives.
Bookmark and Share

Offline SighNoMore

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 05:44:58 PM »
I get the same thing! Petechiae are tiny little dots and different than these red blotches.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mel4962

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 05:53:32 PM »
SighNoMore really?   and you have other itchy skin as well right?  and always in the same spots......hmmmm.......so we both get these red itchy bloches that come and go quickly..and we both have itchy areas on our skin?   wait...come to think of it Jer also gets these hives and she also has itchy spots without a rash.              Something awfully peculiar is goin on with us...and its making us do tail spins.   Is this an allergy?  anxiety? or a normal thing that we are over sensitive too.    Doesnt it seem soooo odd that the 3 of us all have been fretting over itchy skin without a rash...and now we find out we all get these random itchy blotches.    AND we have all had normal blood work.    i wander what this is.   however it is making me feel a lot better
Bookmark and Share

Offline JER2911

Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 07:28:29 PM »
I think all signs point to an allergy :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline mel4962

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 09:38:26 AM »
I found out some interesting info last night about the red spots........this could be a form of pressure uticaria......if even delayed pressure uticaria.  And it also goes along with. Cholinergic uticaria........do you guys also get little itchy rashes or spots after a hot shower.....or being outside when its hot?    I notice I will also get itchy hives on my lower inner arms after a hot shower.
Bookmark and Share

Offline JER2911

Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 09:40:44 AM »
Yes, ever single time I get out of the shower, my chest and abdomen are loaded with red splotches and it takes them time to fade...it looks like a big rash across my chest and stomach..weird.  I always thought it was an allergy to something in the water, like sulfer (we have a well).
Bookmark and Share

Offline mel4962

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 01:50:37 PM »
I got to chat with a dermatologist "off the record" and i just asked hime some questions about our symptoms.     He also said uticaria or hives can be "invisible" but still cause the intense itch.       But, from what we describe as red blotches randomly appearing then going away within minutes.......is most probably....pressure uticaria...or delayed pressure uticaria......or plain old idiopathic hives.      He said sometimes an itchy spot can saty itchy for up to 3 days.....and come and go.                  He then asked me if I had noticed any rash that itches after showering or sitting outside when its hot out.    I said yes i rash on my arms after a shower......and i seem to feel more itchy when its hot outside!        Hes said that pressure or idiopathic uticaria almost ALWAYS goes hand and hand with cholinergic uticaria.       I guess it will "burn out" sooner or later.   :)       
Bookmark and Share

Offline bhandley

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Im not actually relaxed I just like having a cat
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 03:15:43 PM »
Awesome, now I think I have leukemia..... :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline mel4962

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 04:37:03 PM »
Aww....why would you think you have leukemia?
Bookmark and Share

Offline bhandley

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Im not actually relaxed I just like having a cat
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 06:27:41 PM »
Like a week ago I noticed a few patches of slightly red skin on the thighs, ive tried blanching them but cant come up with anything conclusive.
If I press on the area it gets lighter very slightly but not fully but leaves a white outline of my thumb where as if im not pressing on the patches it leaves a full white thumb mark and for longer too.
If I roll a glass over it I swear it does disappear or at least gets very very close to the tone of the rest of the skin under the glass.
I feel like im bruising more than normal but I may be thinking into this too much, I had a blood test and it bruised the area and has taken a full week so far to heal and its not fully gone yet.
I picked a spot and it bleed quite a lot for a spot and I heard leukemia people bleed more than usual.
My fears are always based round cancer, lymphoma has been on my mind a lot and I have been told leukemia is similar? I dont want to get a blood cancer, and I dont know how common it is in adults of my age- 24.
I dont know I do have minor fatigue and all that stuff, but this may be anxiety etc...
Im freaking out now because of the mention of rashes and stuff I didnt know anything about leukemia and deliberately didnt read up on it for fear of catching symptoms or knowing too much, but I happened upon this one :( not having a good time now
Bookmark and Share

Tags: