Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: sensitive, sore spot on top of head!!! freaking me out!!  (Read 20815 times)

Offline crazilyanxious

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
sensitive, sore spot on top of head!!! freaking me out!!
« on: August 07, 2012, 10:58:37 AM »
Yesterday I noticed a very sensitive to the touch and sore spot in the left middle of the top of my head.  I know I didn't hit my head there, so of course it has me freaking out wondering what this could be.  I had an updo done on my hair a couple of weeks ago, and they were jamming bobby pins into my scalp pretty hard, so I'm hoping it's just soreness leftover from that, although I hadn't noticed it being sore before now.  The HA part of me wants to think that it's like a brain tumor or something....ugh, just wish this would all stop and I could feel normal again!
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: sensitive, sore spot on top of head!!! freaking me out!!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 12:16:01 PM »
a brain tumor DOES NOT make a scalp sore.

sometimes scalps get irritated and sore.  sometimes people have dry skin that will do that.  AND believe it or not anxiety can make the scalp sore... it is even on that giant list that floats around here.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline crazilyanxious

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 02:43:58 PM »
I told my doctor about it, and she told me to keep an eye on it, and let her know if it gets any worse, so of course that has me freaking out!
Bookmark and Share

Offline SighNoMore

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 02:59:54 PM »
Yep, anxiety can make your head ache in spots just like muscles can ache. I have had tender spots on my scalp as well and they eventually subside.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 03:02:25 PM »
CA

she didn't mean brain tumor by that you know.

she meant maybe you would need some cream or special shampoo or some such thing.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Chantelle

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 03:57:53 PM »
Most likely nothing to worry about! A good twelve years ago when I was in my teens I had this obsession with having a brain tumour. I use to get really bad migraines quite regularly and headaches as well so was CONVINCED that it was something horrible. I remember my ultimate freak out came after taking a shower one afternoon when I wrapped my hair in a towel and felt soreness on my scalp. I took off the towel and felt the area to find that there was a really sore spot. Anxiety spiralled and I was a wreck for who knows how long!

....Needless to say, it was nothing. Probably slept funny, had my hair up for too long or just had a bit of sensitivity. It's amazing how we can take one symptom and diagnose ourselves with something terrible.  I'm sure you are fine  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline meche

• Rec's: 2
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 05:27:49 PM »
Yep. I get this. Think I wrote a post on it last week. I get random spots that are very tender to touch. I suffer alot from tension headaches - could be related. Or I do wear my hair up alot for work so it may be I'm wearing it too tight sometimes. X
Bookmark and Share

Tags: