Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Constant impending doom feeling????  (Read 2445 times)

Offline professionalworrier

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Constant impending doom feeling????
« on: June 20, 2012, 04:21:53 PM »
Does anyone have this? How can I get over it? I have really bad GAD and hypochondria...one of mymmain issues is a constant fear/worry/obsession that something terrible is about to happen to me or someone I love. I hate it! We are about to buy a house and things are so great right now but I am not even enjoying it because Im afraid something bad will hapoen to ruin it. Like, i dont deserve things to be so great, kind of?  Its awful :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline MusicLover13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Constant impending doom feeling????
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 04:47:08 PM »
I feel the EXACT same way as you! I have a lot of exciting things going on yet, I can't look forward to it, because I can't see myself in the future. My brain keeps telling me I am going to die, and it really upsets me because I don't want to leave the ones I love, especially my partner. I cry most of the day because I am so scared. Trust me, you are not alone!
Bookmark and Share

Offline e77

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 05:26:02 PM »
I get this too, especially when panicky and anxious.  My brain gets locked in to "impending doom" and I lose all sense of the world around me, worrying about my next breath.  Thank god it passes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MsManic

• Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 10:41:14 AM »
YES!  Sometimes I wake up full anxiety and doom.  When I see my daughter having breakfast, I get consumed with fear that someone will bully her, or she'll get hurt on the way home, or she will be hurt by one of her friends (gossip, cliques etc.).  I know exactly what you mean.  I obsessively worry about money and that we'll run out of it when my husband and I both work, so that won't happen.  And on that note, when the office manager is out at my office, I have to cover her (she does everything in the office) and I am so filled with dread that something will go wrong.  It sometimes does, and then I start to panic.  I never used to be like this...I have no idea where it all came from.  I take as deep a breath as I can when it comes to the panic.  When it comes to obsessing about something bad happening to me or my family, if it's particularly bad, I tell myself that's the anxiety talking and I sometimes take a klonipin.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nervous Cupcake

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 12:44:42 AM »
I get this! I can never pinpoint what it is that I am afraid will happen but it makes me want to stay at home and avoid all activities. I find if I take the time to really think about what could happen and what is likely to happen I realise that it is often just fear of the unknown.
Bookmark and Share

Offline JS91

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 05:57:01 AM »
I get this also! I am so scared I will die or just pass out of a heart attack or stroke!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jlo1019

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 02:32:02 PM »
I am not someone who believes in coincidences, I think everything happens for a reason.  My anxious thoughts, feelings of impending doom, have been lately.  I said to myself "I need to find comfort on my board." and I went on here today and the first two posts I read are about these thoughts. 

I'm.the.same.way.  Its so bad lately, I have a hard time convincing myself that my family is okay and to enjoy the moments I'm lucky enough to have with them.  Its getting to the point, where I don't like driving long distances with my two daughters because I'm afraid of a car accident.  I hate the intrusive thoughts.

I hope your thoughts get better.  I just try to pray myself out of them.  Coming to this board helps too...
Bookmark and Share
Anxiety sucks.

Offline MsManic

• Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 03:14:54 PM »
Yes JLO, sometimes I want to run to the board too when I'm having a rough day.  Since I work at a computer every day of the week, on the weekends I stay away from the comp but find myself missing the posts.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ariya30905

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 05:41:31 PM »
I think "feeling of impending doom" is one of the most common symptoms of GAD. You are certainly not alone. During my very first anxiety attack, when I was seventeen years old, I thought I was having a heart attack. I couldn't explain why my heart started beating so fast and my throat got so dry. How rediculous is that though? A seventeen year old having a heart attack.. I had all sorts of tests done (Blood, EKG, etc) and the doctor said that everything was normal, and that I probably had an anxiety attack.

At first I didnt believe him. I thought there was something he had overlooked. I had never had a mental disorder before and I would be damned if this doctor was going to tell me I'm crazy. So as the anxiety attacks continued, I was constantly scared that this unkown condition was about to kill me every time.

Eventually, after several of these incidents and two trips to the hospital and two different doctors telling me the same thing I accepted that I had GAD. My suggestion would be to go see a doctor and have some tests done, so he can tell you that you are physically healthy. This will put your mind at ease, knowing that the chances of you having some illness are extremely low. Then when you have an anxiety attack, you can just tell yourself that you know nothing is wrong with you and that it is just anxiety. Sometimes this can help calm me down quickly.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Illuminaughty

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 07:30:09 PM »
I think "feeling of impending doom" is one of the most common symptoms of GAD. You are certainly not alone.

This.  Emotionally I feel that I am pretty close to death, or at least in my last few years, although I'm not quite 30 yet.  Rationally, if trends continue, one way or another I'll still be alive. 

It's just the fear taking root and forecasting gloom. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: