Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Ear Clogged...Carotid Artery Blockage?  (Read 2151 times)

Offline krja80

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Ear Clogged...Carotid Artery Blockage?
« on: June 14, 2012, 12:19:43 PM »
So I went to see the ENT for my clogged ear/ear popping/weird noises in my ear and everything checked out and she said it was probably Eustation Tube Dysfunction...I've been feeling off balance too like I'm walking on a trampoline. I started searching for possible holistic treatments on line for this and came across someone who said that they had similar symptoms and had a partially clogged artery in their neck. Great, now I'm panicking. I'm 34 and saw a cardiologist when I was 31 and had an EKG and Echo of my heart, but they didn't look at the veins/arteries in my neck. All other tests were normal, should I call the cardio and ask? I was just doing harmless googling for what was told to me, and of course this happens....I'm in the middle of a total panic attack.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Fenway77

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Ear Clogged...Carotid Artery Blockage?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 01:16:55 PM »
Trust your doctor...not Doctor Google.  You'll always find someone who had something happen to them or knew someone who had this or that happen to them.  If you were experiencing blockage of your carotid you'd know.  I was in the doctor's office several weeks ago because I felt a strange "lump" under my jaw (and only when I tilted my head a certain way).  Turns out what I was feeling was my carotid poking out and my doc and I had a discussion about the carotid and he told me that if there was something wrong with it I'd know.  I'm obviously not a doctor...so you can take this for what it's worth...but I'm just passing along something that maybe can give you some peace of mind.
Bookmark and Share
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."
Proverbs 3:5

Offline mommabear

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 01:25:44 PM »
Hi,
I don't think you need worry about it being a clogged artery, it sounds like a blocked eustachian tube in the ear. I get this too, my doc told me to take an antihistamine for it, been dealing with this for months now. Fen is right.......google is no good when it comes looking up bodily issues! It will ALWAYS tell you the worst!   :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share

Offline krja80

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 11:23:40 AM »
Thank you both for your replies. They helped calm me a bit, and with HA, even being able to find a tiny bit of solace is a big thing...so thank you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cercy

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 11:41:20 AM »
Hiya. I have had ear problems since I was a baby. I was supposed to have tubes but my mother opted out of them, and now I have more issues. Joy!

I am posting because this is the first time I've ever seen someone say that they feel as if they're walking on a trampoline. I've felt this way since I was what, ten? Sometimes it happens randomly, but usually it is when I go on an elevator, or the second story of a mall, where the floor is meant to give a little, and my super sensitive ears pick up on it whereas other people don't... meaning I get all thrown off whack and feel exactly as if I am on a trampoline for at least an hour later. I have always put it down to being the fluid in my inner ears getting all "wonky" and as I am 35 and it has happened to me as long as I can remember, I am pretty sure it isn't a clogged artery. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline krja80

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 06:48:02 PM »
I ended up going to see my cardiologist about my ear and she said that it was in no way my carotid artery. She did put me on blood pressure medication b/c my readings are always high in the dr's office, so she put me on a low dose to see how I do. She also wants to do a routine Echocardiogram b/c I haven't had one in 3 years just for another baseline, so I guess on I go...I'm a little worried as to why she needs to do the echo, but I will listen to her and hope for the best.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: