Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Help! Stabbing pain in top of head!  (Read 11358 times)

Offline Mrs.G

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Help! Stabbing pain in top of head!
« on: May 23, 2012, 07:44:53 AM »
I've been getting stabbing pains on the top of my head.  It started with just one or two on Monday night.  They kind of freaked me out, but because they went away so quickly, I really didn't worry about them.  Shortly after I woke up yesterday, I started to get them again.  It's on the very top of my head, slightly to the right side.  The spot that I am getting them is about the size of a quarter, and it's always hitting the same spot.  They are really quick VERY sharp jabs in my head.  I had them ALL day yesterday.  Probably at least 50 of them.  At times during the day I also got a tension headache, and sometime the spot was left feeling sore after the stabbing pain.  I was hoping it would go away after I slept, but I woke up today, and it's already happened again twice.  I'm really really freaking out now.  I tried taking advil all day yesterday, but it didn't seem to help at all.  I googled (always a bad mistake.  I wish someone could break my google!) and it sounds like it could be ice pick headaches.  Is it normal to have so many of them for so many days in a row??? It really starting to make me panic, and I'm trying hard to keep my anxiety at bay.  I'm starting to think I have an aneurysm or brain tumor.  I really don't need to have an anxiety attack on top of this pain. I'm really starting to freak out! Has anyone had these?  Please help!
Bookmark and Share

Offline crazilyanxious

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Help! Stabbing pain in top of head!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 07:47:22 AM »
Yes, I have had those feelings before too.  Totally convinced myself I had an aneurysm.  But, eventually, I just stopped thinking about it so much and it has gone away.
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 29
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 04:05:41 PM »
Google ice pick headaches and see if that sounds familiar.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dk579

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 04:10:32 PM »
I've totally gotten them before -- sounds like ice pick headaches. They hit me when I was majorly anxious about brain issues last year. I stopped getting them after a few weeks, and probably haven't had them in about 7 or 8 months. When I told the doctor about it, he said it's totally an anxiety thing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mommabear

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 04:22:10 PM »
I had this too in the side of my head.....scared me bad. Was told it was an ice pick headache. I'd never heard of it until recently. I thought I was having a stroke to be honest. Not fun. Feel better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xocnagem

• Mood: Energetic
    Energetic
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 04:50:09 PM »
I have this also. When i am really stressed, the get worse and happen more times during the day.
Bookmark and Share
God wouldn't give you anything you couldn't handle!

Offline Mrs.G

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 07:26:27 AM »
Thanks all!  I think they are finally gone (fingers crossed).  I do think they were ice pick headaches.  I've had a couple before, but it wad just always one or two sharp pains.  I've never had them all day long before.  They hurt so freaking bad, and the rate that I was getting them was really scaring me!  So glad they seem to be over for the moment.  Now I have a sick husband at home, and am paranoid about catching it :(  I can NOT afford to come down sick right now.  It's always something....
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xocnagem

• Mood: Energetic
    Energetic
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 01:19:31 PM »
I started getting these last night! Yesterday i found out that one of my really good freinds had passed away. So I'm trying to remind myself that these headpains are from anxiety because I've been tense, but of course I've got myself convinced that i have a brain tumor or something. =/ Do you guys still get them??
Bookmark and Share
God wouldn't give you anything you couldn't handle!

Offline sjsharks

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 09:33:01 PM »
I also get these 'stabbing' pains in different parts of my body.  Top of my head, ribs, arm, etc.  I was really worried about it, and happened to mention it to my Dad, who is 80.  He gets them too, since he was a kid,  and he calls them 'neuralgia' which is nerve pain.  No reason for it, it just happens.  If it bugs me enough, I take an Advil or Tylenol and within 20 minutes, it's gone!  I hope this helps!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: