Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: how does anxiety cause constant lightheaded  (Read 10811 times)

Offline pinklace

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
how does anxiety cause constant lightheaded
« on: April 11, 2012, 08:24:57 PM »
ive had constant issue with being lightheaeded and feel like im swaying n moving ive had alot of test done ent dr eye dr amd had bloodwork done echo and ekg and  i also have funny vision sometimes i feel like im going to passout iis this anxiety i do fear neuro
Bookmark and Share

Offline Soliss

• Rec's: 12
  • Overthinking...bad...
    • Poke This Member
Re: how does anxiety cause constant lightheaded
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 08:37:38 PM »
Anxiety can cause all of that.

So can not eating...are you eating regularly?
Bookmark and Share
When life gives you lemons, just make the damn lemonade and don't overthink it...

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 92
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 08:53:42 PM »
Oh pinklace, I feel your pain. This used to happen to me ALL THE TIME. I was constantly dizzy and it scared the crap out of me, which of course made me more dizzy, which made me more scared and then more dizzy.

You see? It's a vicious cycle. The fact that you've had a battery of tests performed and nothing has been found points very much to anxiety. That's kind of an unfortunate answer, huh? If it were "something" you could be given a drug or an operation and then you'd be better, but getting over anxiety is a long and arduous process that can involved counseling, medication, meditation, working through your issues, eating better, sleeping better, exercising, an uptick of self care in general; and it will also take TIME. A lot of time, more than you would imagine. Once your stress hormones are pumping and you experience the physical effects of anxiety (in your case dizziness), it takes a long time to get them to pre-anxiety levels. Which means accepting your diagnosis of anxiety and continuing to practice your recovery techniques DESPITE it feeling like you're not making any progress. Yes it sucks and yes we all wish it could be easier, but it's not.

Are you doing anything to address your anxiety already? Talk to your doctor about that and see we what they say.
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline pinklace

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 11:09:16 PM »
i want to say thank you for the replies its been a struggle for 22 months i do walk and cutting down on pop i hope that helps i do go to therapy weekly just havent been in week or 2 cause thearpist has been out
Bookmark and Share

Offline diana66

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 11:56:38 PM »
I have been having similar symptoms - fear bad things at times, but also know anxiety could be causing all of it.  I had a thought tonight.  My daughter was at driver's ed and they had to watch gory anti-drunk driving movies.  Several students (including her) got lightheaded, and one nearly passed out.

So it got me thinking...if a movie (and the related anxiety over the movie) can cause these reactions, then doesn't it follow that constant worrying over our health could cause similar symptoms?
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 08:22:31 AM »
Pinklace I'm only too familiar with this.  I'm not kidding I was lightheaded for 3 years continuously.  I had every test imaginable and they found nothing.  One day I went to a psychologist and he said to me that he'd had the same thing in the past and that for him it was totally anxiety and stress and that he was almost positive it was the same for me. In his case he had an actually event occur that set it off.  His brother died and that day he became lightheaded for 6 months.  Now for me it wasn't such a dramatic beginning, but I became lightheaded non the less.  It drove me nuts, but you know what?  It is gone now.  I found that just living and not focusing on it really helped.  It just kind of went away one day.  I really feel for you as it's so awful. 

Feel well soon!
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• Rec's: 197
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 08:59:25 AM »
Your symptoms haven't gotten worse in two years.  what neuro disease does that for nearly 2yrs with no progression?  None or none that I would be afraid of.

all of this is still due to what is going on in your life.   :yes:  Once you deal, effectively, with family/financial/marital/parenting issues....., things will begin to get better. 
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline wjgsert

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 09:47:20 AM »
Anxiety causes it in me because, my breathing is affected, even if i dont realize it. I went through a period where for months i feel like i was always leaning to the left, i know that sounds weird. I was always dizzy and just feeling off-kilter. I do find myself now, when the dizziness starts, just focusing on my breathing a bit, it helps. You arent alone , i would guess that most panic/ anxiety sufferers have dealt with the same thing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline pinklace

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 12:48:03 PM »
hi thank you for the replies this is very scary feeling sometimes i feel like im swaying or moving
ent said def not inner ear but no testing so should i stop worring inner ear and allergies today im worried bout heart today oh and ent said allergies wouldnt cause this n i have no fluid in ear i had one ear test done to check for fluid n eustchian tube dysfuction all normal
Bookmark and Share

Offline liln5k

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 01:27:51 PM »
Hi Pinklace  :action-smiley-065:

This one of the many ways my anxiety rears it's ugly head!!  Most times I feel like I a walking around like I just got off of a boat.  Like the floor is slowly swaying up and down or side to side.

Sometimes I will hold on to walls  or lean on them as I walk so I don't fall over... I know I won't fall over from it but the wall lends me some comfort.

I too had all the tests done on my ears, heart, EVERYTHING and all was fine!!!

I keep making the comment to my husband that I am the "sickest healthy person I know..." 

Hang in there, you are not alone!!! :)
Bookmark and Share
Fear is:
False
Evidence
Appearing
Real

Tags: