Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: white 'pimple' on bottom gums  (Read 10771 times)

Offline smmaho

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
white 'pimple' on bottom gums
« on: April 01, 2012, 11:15:12 PM »
So for the past week I have noticed that I have a white pimple type thing on the bottom of my gums. It sort of sits below the gum line, not near the teeth. I was googling and thinking abscess however I have just got back from the dentist....

He said he couldnt really see it but the gums looked a little red. He said it was most likely from food getting caught or it has been irritated. So I come home from the dentist feeling happy that it must have gone. Look in the mirror pull my lip down and there is the pimple. How could he not see that while poking around in my mouth and using his mirror! Now I am worried that he hasn't actually seen this white 'pimple' thing and my thoughts are slowly but surely leading towards oral cancers :S

Has anyone else had a white' pimple' type thing appear on their gums. How long did it take to dissapear? and what was it in the end? I'm trying not to google!
Bookmark and Share

Offline smmaho

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: white 'pimple' on bottom gums
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 11:18:35 PM »
I should also mention that he took xrays of that part of my gum and the surrounding tooth. He found no abnormailities
Bookmark and Share

Offline LindaRK

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 11:30:38 PM »
I've had pimples like that - could just be a gum ulcer or you poked it with some food (like a chip or something).  Give it a few days to go away.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jamiec

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 11:52:03 PM »
I have this too... Mine usually seems larger when I'm stressed. I go to the dentist every four months so if it was anything alarming I would have known by now. It should go away.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AlaskaMom

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 12:23:55 AM »
It's a little canker sore. It's from irritation from the dentist. It'll be gone in a few days. Absolutely nothing to worry about. I get them every time I go.
Bookmark and Share

Offline fmfdoc

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 10:05:50 PM »
Its normal. i work in a dental office. SOunds like the doc did Bitewings/Pano and a dental exam. They check your teeth and gums(Oral cancer screening). If there was ANYTHING at all concerning, he would have told you. Sounds like everything is all good besides some minor gingivitis, which 9 out of 10 people have. Just need a good cleaning and keep up with your daily brushing and flossing you should be good to go!
Bookmark and Share

Offline smmaho

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 07:26:21 PM »
Thank you all for your responses! Put my mind at ease a lot, so much so that I didn't look at my gums in the mirror for two days. After getting a clean done at the dentist and using an anti bacterial mouth wash each night I no longer have bleeding gums or that white pimple! Goes to show I was jumping to conclusions once again....
Bookmark and Share

Tags: