Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: pins and needles all over, all of the sudden :(  (Read 6852 times)

Offline miika

• Rec's: 10
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
pins and needles all over, all of the sudden :(
« on: March 13, 2012, 09:55:18 AM »
What the...??? Why is this happening again? Feet, hands, back, face, lips....even tongue tingling like crazy!! Feels like ants crawling all over my body....pins and needles. all of the sudden. and legs cramping too.

This has happened many times before, usually this lasts for days even weeks. Oh no, I dont want this AGAIN! I`m panicking. MS? what else terrible it might be? Or good old Anxiety????

Why?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Snowqueen1958

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: pins and needles all over, all of the sudden :(
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 11:26:57 AM »
Sorry to hear about the state you are in.   Have you had this checked out by a dr? 

You need to have a dr confirmed whether or not it is physical.   

Try not to panic...I know easier said than done.  If you have had it many times before than it does not sound like it is critical, but again if you have not seen a dr. about this you need too. 

It could be some as simple as a lack of mineral, vitamins, etc.   

I just have to say my father had MS (he passed away 2 yrs ago and not from MS by the way) and he never mentioned his tongue feeling tingly.  My brother who was concerned that he might have MS because he had some of the same symptoms you are describing.  He was lacking in a mineral and at this moment I can not remember.     

Hope this helps in some way.   

Try not let your mind run away with what it could be. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline miika

Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 12:14:21 PM »
well, I remember this happening the first time maybe in 2005 (when I was my worst with anxiety). I had all the tests done there are, everything always ok. Dont remember if there were tests for this symptom especially, only remember docs saying its my anxiety.

I already know, next it will change into body wide twitching with cramping sensations (In hand and leg already). Took a nap, woke up without any sensations...but my body feels like it had a marathon! heavy feeling.

oh now its tingling again....
Bookmark and Share

Offline Snowqueen1958

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 01:33:42 PM »
What made it stop before...do you remember?  If you can remember what helped maybe it will help stop it again.  Can you figure out what is causing it.   If you can maybe you can figure out something that would help you. 

I am not trying to make light of what you are going through.  I am sure it is horrendous and scary.   My anxiety so far...and hopefully it won't...does not display itself in such a manner.  All I can say is what helps me when I am in going through an anxiety attack and like most it is a lot of self talk and getting my mind on something else.   I even force myself to do some form of exercise.   I especially like to use a dvd...so my mind is on the dvd and not on myself.   I also do some meditation...forcing myself to do so.  Eventually I relax. 

I really hope that someone on here has some good ideas for you.  I know my answers sound pat...I do not mean for them too.  I only know what helps me. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline myWorldofWorry

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 02:41:29 PM »
I have bodywide pin pricks / burning sensations. Ugh, I feel your pain. No test has revealed a cause so far. I had something similar 7 years ago and it ended up going away on its own. This time it is sticking around and making my life miserable. But for all you know this could disappear for you by tomorrow!! If it doesn't, just know you are not alone!
Bookmark and Share

Offline miika

Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 02:54:44 PM »
thanx!

"What made it stop before...do you remember?"

Found my old "symptoms diary" from 2005-2008(not fun to read). This was a major complain. I had it first time 6 months straight 7 years ago(along with twitching, itching etc). Seems I had visited doctors, and some test were done, everything fine. No doctor even doubt anything else than anxiety, I was in really bad shape with anxiety then. What seemed to help unfortunately was alcohol. No wonder I developed a real alcohol problem since then. but thats another story..

At the moment I feel ok. Had a walk and symptoms disappeared for now. I`m back with oral cancer worry, damn.

Bookmark and Share

Offline myWorldofWorry

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 03:13:59 PM »
The first time I had it for about 3 months. I don't know what made it go away. It just disappeared. Now I have had it much, much longer. I wish it would just disappear like last time!
Bookmark and Share

Offline miika

Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 03:34:11 PM »
Do you get twitching?
Bookmark and Share

Offline myWorldofWorry

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 04:52:21 PM »
No ... not yet anyway! But I've read so many other posts from people who do or have in the past.
Bookmark and Share

Offline miika

Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 02:10:24 PM »
it`s back, I dont understand this!? It feels like 2005 all over again. Am I really just that anxious, stressed, depressed!? Maybe I`ve had MS or something else whole this time!
Bookmark and Share

Offline miika

Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 08:26:56 AM »
Is this really anxiety stuff? :sick0002: It`s back, tingling, pins and needles everywhere, my legs cramp etc etc
Bookmark and Share

Offline myWorldofWorry

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 08:55:51 PM »
I'm sorry. =( I can really relate. Like you, I had 7 years in between the pin pricks. I thought they had gone away for good, and then - bam! - they came back. I wish I had an answer for you. Try not to worry about worst case stuff. It could be something as minor as a vitamin deficiency. I just want you to know you are not alone!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline miika

Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2012, 09:47:59 PM »
thanx. Always start to take magnesium, b12 and all the multivitamins I happen to have when this happens, I must be overdosing lol....

but it`s weird. After I wrote the last post, I had all kinds of things to do, nothing no problem, forgot it. Now that I came back to this, I started to feel it again!! Lol, tingling all over like nuts. I hate the tongue one the most.

I should really know this pattern by now, but I`m panicking again  :dazed: I hate my body.
Bookmark and Share

Offline miika

Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 02:19:04 PM »
so month ago complaining this.....now it`s happening again  :(

what the hell is it? pins and needles, skin in hands and feet feels like burning....like had a sunburn.  itchy too. weird weird sensations, wish I could believe it`s just my anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 39
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2012, 02:51:42 PM »
B vitamin deficiency?  It really is possible that it's just anxiety, but it might be worth getting a blood test.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: