Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I'm really shaky and it's scaring me.  (Read 2404 times)

Offline deeferlynn

• Rec's: 2
  • Que sera, sera
    • Poke This Member
I'm really shaky and it's scaring me.
« on: February 29, 2012, 08:56:23 PM »
Hey all,
I was driving and noticed that when I had my foot on the brake, my leg started to shake. Almost like someone had pushed some trigger point. It went away for a bit. But now both my legs are shaky and I'm feeling shaky. I already ate, so I doubt it's that. I also feel like someone is pinching the soft part of my left shoulder/neck. I'm really scared. I don't know what to do. I don't know if it's my anxiety that exageratting this. Or if I'm suffering a stroke or heart attack or I dunno. :( Please help me.
Bookmark and Share
"Just a heads up: 90% of the things you worry about will never happen. 90% of the things that happen will never occurred to you."

Offline *GiRL_21*

• Always scared, feeling so alone.
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Everyday I worry more and more.
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm really shaky and it's scaring me.
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 09:11:18 PM »
Hey all,
I was driving and noticed that when I had my foot on the brake, my leg started to shake. Almost like someone had pushed some trigger point. It went away for a bit. But now both my legs are shaky and I'm feeling shaky. I already ate, so I doubt it's that. I also feel like someone is pinching the soft part of my left shoulder/neck. I'm really scared. I don't know what to do. I don't know if it's my anxiety that exageratting this. Or if I'm suffering a stroke or heart attack or I dunno. :( Please help me.

Hey there :) I just want to let you know that I get this symptom when I am driving ALL the time.  This is a panic attack.
I can't drive anymore, because everytime I drive this is the symptom I get everytime I drive, so yeah...... I cant drive :(
Don't worry though, I get this all the time.
Bookmark and Share
</3 so scared </3

Offline plomeli

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 09:25:58 PM »
Hello, this happens to me after I have a lot of anxiety, my hands tremble. It's the adrenaline running through your body. If you've had  a lot of anxiety lately that may be why.
Bookmark and Share
Even when difficulties come into our lives, as they do for all humans "know" our great option is to chose love rather than fear.  -Oprah

Offline LindaRK

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 09:28:13 PM »
If you were having a stroke or heart attack, you wouldn't be posting right now.

I think you might be experiencing anxiety.  I've had this happen and of course, when it does, the anxiety just builds on itself and gets worse.  Try to get a handle on it before that happens.  Do you know how to do diaphramatic breathing to help you relax?  I think you could really benefit from that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline deeferlynn

• Que sera, sera
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 09:39:47 PM »
Hey everyone,
Thanks for your advice so far. Well, I'm guessing since I'm writing right now-- it's not a heart attack or stroke.  ;*)

Is it possible that anxiety causes extreme muscle tension? Because I just had my mom try and massage my shoulders and the pain in the area, and it's like massage a brick. It's so tough, but it hurts so bad :(
Bookmark and Share
"Just a heads up: 90% of the things you worry about will never happen. 90% of the things that happen will never occurred to you."

Offline plomeli

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 10:31:28 PM »
Oh yes it can cause muscle tension!!!! I had anxiety and I noticed that my whole body was sooo tense especially my legs!!! Having anxiety is like running a marathon, and soon your body starts reacting to it. Muscle twitches, shaking, stomach trouble, headaches etc etc. Well you are very lucky that your mom is giving you a massage, hope it makes you feel better.
Bookmark and Share
Even when difficulties come into our lives, as they do for all humans "know" our great option is to chose love rather than fear.  -Oprah

Offline LindaRK

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 11:47:08 PM »
Stress can cause extreme muscle tension.   :happy0151:  Keep having your mom give you a massage and work your muscles and deal with your stress, girl!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline kittenmittons

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 12:18:31 AM »
Amen to the muscle tension!  My doctor was so shocked at how tight my shoulders were that she gave me some muscle relaxants.  All the result of anxiety... along with a lot of my headaches.  Can you relax in a hot bath?  It will help with the muscle tension.

Also, my ex got his first panic attack while driving; it scared the hell out of him because it seemed to come out of nowhere.  Same thing happened to a former supervisor, so it's actually pretty common.
Bookmark and Share

Offline deeferlynn

• Que sera, sera
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 01:35:25 AM »
Hey everyone,

Thanks so much. I was really starting to think that I had some kind of muscle tissue hardening disease-- that apparently felt better with massage. lol. :-* I think I may need to use a meat tenderizer mallot to soften the shoulder area.

It probably also doesnt help that I had a stressful (non-school) related experience today. I posted it in the GAD thread (heres the link: http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,52001.0.html ) If you could stop over there to give me your opinion, it would definitely ease that stress. :)

Thanks again everyone.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: