Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Numbness and tingling in face. An I alone?  (Read 13020 times)

Serenity1990 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Vedabug54

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Numbness and tingling in face. An I alone?
« on: February 29, 2012, 11:54:34 AM »
 So 6 months ago I had this tingly numb feeling in my face. The drs said it was part of a sinus infection. I had a ct scan of my head and neck and it was normal. The feeling completely went away. Now it's back and even worse. I get tingly feelings in my cheeks and around my mouth along with numb feelings throughout my face. This happens when I'm seemingly not even anxious. It really freaks me out and is so annoying. I've seen five doctors in the last month and none of them think it worrisome. That it's just anxiety. Doe anyone else experience this? I am terrified I have MS. Am I alone here?? And I have thins numb feeling almost all of te time!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline kc540

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Numbness and tingling in face. An I alone?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 04:02:22 PM »
Yup, I get them from time to time .. mostly in cheeks and lip area. THe tension you cary in your jaw can do ALOT of nasty things to your face and neck.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AOKAY

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 04:28:55 PM »
I get these feelings in my face under periods of stress.  It comes and goes, which is a good sign.  If it were something more sinister the feeling would not go away.  It is my understanding that with MS, once the nerve sheathing goes away, it is gone for good and the symptoms are forever.
With me, the face symptoms often accompany other neurological type symptoms like muscle twitches in arms/legs or perceived weakness in muscles.  When the stress eases, so do the symptoms. 
Keep in mind you could be experiencing unconscious stress even if you are not feeling anxious on a surface level.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LindaRK

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 05:00:34 PM »
Ditto what AOKAY said.  These types of symptoms ALWAYS show up when I'm under stress (which lately has been alot!).

Mine tends to focus around my face and legs.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sydneymom

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 05:23:22 PM »
Twenty years ago when I had my first bout of anxiety, the cheek numbness and tingling was one of my most annoying symptoms. It drove me nuts. And I am still here. So I wouldnt worry.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MissWorried1234

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 05:26:54 PM »
OMG this happens to me ! I was petrified it was MS I literally would get so upset that I had MS when in fact it was just my anxiety..you are not alone! :angry-smiley-034:
Bookmark and Share

Offline plomeli

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 05:54:32 PM »
Hello there!!! This is actually my current freak out. I stated feeling tingly feelings under my foot, since then I've felt them on my cheeks and around my mouth. I've been so scared that it might be MS.... my only hope is that it is anxiety!!!! Although it's so hard to convince myself that it is JUST anxiety.  I haven't  been to the doctor yet but I am seriously considering it.
Bookmark and Share
Even when difficulties come into our lives, as they do for all humans "know" our great option is to chose love rather than fear.  -Oprah

Offline Elissa13

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 06:58:25 PM »
haha wow im not alone!!  it amazes me the more i read, the more i realize that i realy do have anxiety. the first time i got numbness around my temples, then it went thoughout my forehead and cheeks and upper lip, i ran to the hospital.lol they took blood tests and nada. but it only happened to me twice. atleast i can relax now and know its normal.lol.
Bookmark and Share
This world is NOT our home; we are just passing through!!!

Offline fadedbluejeans

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 07:33:32 PM »
I get that tingly feeling in my face at times. It freaks me out, but I do some breathin exercises and it generally goes away quickly. Of course since I pretty much always think a stroke is right around the the corner,  that's what I thought it was the first time, so I do understand how scared you feel when it happens. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kcassiejo24

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 03:33:41 AM »
I get this too, bit its like a buzzing almost in little spots about the size of a nickel. It tinglea, or buzzes im not sure but I get it around my lips, under my nose or on the side of it, cheek and sometimes temples or top of head. I get it when my anxiety is sky high, or when Im not too anxious, it really scared me at first, until I realized it would go away if I kept busy, and after some months it hasnt gotten worse just better. I think as soon as it comes on, you say to yourself " oh its just another weird symptom of anxiety" and stay calm and accept that it is a symptom of anxiety it will get better! Easier said than done though I know.
Bookmark and Share
"Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but gets you no where"

Offline Vedabug54

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 08:00:51 AM »
Thanks everyone! I don't feel so alone now. It is deffintley a weird symptom that I could live without! My doctors look at me like I'm crazy! I wish they could feel what I'm feeling. I'm trying to convince myself that it's just anxiety. Especially cause it came On during a transitioning phase of my life. ( a big move). Ugh I wish It would go away
Bookmark and Share

Offline clohessy9

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 02:30:18 PM »
I have that feeling now
Bookmark and Share

Tags: