Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: sharp pain in my left elbow  (Read 8396 times)

Offline Skobe007

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
sharp pain in my left elbow
« on: February 23, 2012, 01:34:01 AM »
I am suddenly having a sharp stabbing pain, very acute, at the point of my left elbow. Had it earlier today and it finallyy subsided on its own. Now it's back. Comes and goes about every five minutes. It's very severe pain for the two or three seconds it rears itself. Is this a sign of a heart attack? thanks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ravens Lady

• Rec's: 42
  • As a Lady thinks, so she is.....
    • Poke This Member
Re: sharp pain in my left elbow
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 02:11:02 AM »
Hi Skobe, and welcome to anxiety zone  :action-smiley-065:

As far as I know, that sensation doesn't sound like a heart attack.  I think there are all sorts of issues, many minor that could cause temporary sharp pains in your elbow.

I understand that in some circumstances heart attacks can cause issues in the arms or left arm, but I imagine it would also be accompanied by other strong sensations or pains elsewhere, and i have a feeling that in most cases these sensations and pains would be absolutely overwhelming.  Also the fact your pain is coming and going in spurts doesn't sound like a heart attack to me. 

I hope the issue resolves on its own soon. Feel better. :)
-Ravens Lady

Bookmark and Share

Offline Skobe007

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 02:19:57 AM »
Thank you for the reassurance Ravens Lady. I keep trying to convince myself that this is the only symptom so it's not a heart attack. Hearing it from someone else certainly helps. Thanks again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kcassiejo24

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 02:22:21 AM »
Do you have your arm bent often? I get sharp pains in both elbows often and i just assume its because my arm is always bent all day, never resting straight out. Also sleeping with your arm bent or under your pillow can cause it. Maybe try stretching it or icing it or applying heat and see if that helps. Best of luck to you and welcome to AZ!2
Bookmark and Share
"Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but gets you no where"

Offline sixpack

• Rec's: 197
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 07:59:40 AM »
I agree with raven.  many things---more likely things---can cause elbow pain.

you ought to hear my kids come in and say----'mom such and so hurts and I didn't do anything for it to happen, it just did'.  our bods aren't swiss watches.  We get blips and bloops all the time that mean virtually nothing in the grand scheme of things..
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: please help