Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Burning sensation in the back of neck. MS scare.  (Read 8240 times)

Offline Anxious_Kas

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Burning sensation in the back of neck. MS scare.
« on: February 21, 2012, 08:05:48 PM »
Hello. I figured I'd make a new topic for newer tags, and just because I'm at a slight panic right now.

Hello. This will be my first post in this forum, and I do hope I've added the right topic in the right place.

I'm a 22 year old male, and I've been having these weird symptoms as of late, three weeks maybe. I feel pretty good during the day because my family and friends are around to talk to, therefore less thoughts going to my worries.

Lately, while lying in bed, I'd feel tingling mostly or numbness in my arms and, well, penis. I guess I get a twinge every so often in my feet because it's cold and my feet are near the window of my room, but I do try and keep them covered up under the blankets. I might note it's 20F degrees outside and the weather has no humidity whatsoever. I don't get completely numb at my penis, but it gives pins and needles sensations some time. I can get erect just fine, I do believe, I'm urinating alright, but I just get numb and tingly throughout the day down there. As for my testes, they seem just fine. Along side this, my arms will tingle when I try to sleep, lying flat on my back. Not horribly to the point I can not sleep, but thinking something is indeed wrong with me keeps me awake.

I know it was my mistake to ask Google about it. I might possibly have MS, but, as I've read on this site that most of my symptoms are also related to just anxiety.

Back in first grade, I was checked for MS because my teacher complained of how I got up from my desk. I was taken to a doctor and he said I did not have MS, and that I'm double jointed in every joint. I don't think people are born with MS, and I've read it can develop down the line. I've just wanted to provide that information, and that I'm perhaps 300 lbs heavy.

I'll provide more information if I have to about my worries. I haven't been to a doctor yet over it because my parents just don't find it that serious. My little brother went to the emergency room during December due to  leg, arm, and face tingliness and numbness and the doctors said he was having an anxiety attack and hyperventilation is causing the sensations of tingle. My brother never mentioned his groin, though. I am just overly concerned. I wouldn't worry about having MS, but the groin sensations have me worrying because I haven't seen anyone else mention it yet. I've just started looking at this site today, I haven't browsed a lot. I don't have tunnel vision or extreme fatigue, loss of balance, or headaches. Not even muscle spasms. I can move around just fine, live my life like I've always have, but these symptoms just... gnaw on my brain. I keep thinking it's very early symptoms of MS. I just need people to tell me I'm crazy, or if I need to get checked for sure due to the penis thing.

Thanks for any help, I do hope I get some. :)

-Kas

http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,51435.0.html

There's the link to the topic that relieved me of these symptoms almost permanently, but.

Well, it's been several days so far. My symptoms mentioned above were very mild the past days. But, today, I'm scared.

I'm spending the start of my day with my little brother like any other day, happily, until this burning sensation happened in the back of my neck. Aside from this, there's not much other symptoms, if any at all, but isn't a burning sensation at the back of the neck telling me something is wrong with my spine?

I've always been the positive thinker, thinking I can overcome anything thrown at me, but... now my spirits are just shattered. Do I need to get checked? I don't even think I can get checked if I wanted to. I lack income today and there's no way of paying for my visit. Could it possibly be anxiety? If I had spinal damage, would I be experiencing major symptoms aside from the-back-of-neck-burning-sensation?

Any reply will do at all. I honestly fear for my life and I can't stop thinking about how my family will adjust to me being gone. I don't want my little brother to be without me. If you think I need to be checked immediately, then just tell me, and perhaps some comforting words. If I have to get checked, then it's probably not good news at all, but what can I do about it, really. :)

My current symptoms: Perhaps slight numbness in my fingertips and burning eyes. My neck burning comes and goes. It doesn't hurt, but it's just there. No dizziness. No vision distorting of any kind.

I'm sorry for being a hassle, too. I'm probably over concerned, but... I just want to stop thinking about death right now. Aside from financial problems, I have a pretty happy life. I'd like to help father with income, but, getting a job with possible MS flares happening during my shift? I can't. I'm scared to.

Thanks, guys. Any reply is appreciated, and it'd make me feel really good especially if that RavensLady and Alicia user will reply too. I owe them for several days of being without huge anxiety.

-Kas
Bookmark and Share

Offline Anxious_Kas

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Burning sensation in the back of neck. MS scare.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 12:32:55 AM »
Just going to update and bump.

This burning sensation has stopped, but it was off and on earlier today.

I feel pretty good right now, but a slight twinge every now and then everywhere, as if sweating. I might be sweating, hm. Or, the feeling you get when you think your clothes bite you.

Am I still afraid? Not as much. Replies would definitely help, though. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline LindaRK

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 12:41:40 AM »
I saw in your other post that you slept in a different room and experienced no symptoms.  Have you thought about something in your room that could be contributing to this?

A pinched nerve also crossed my mind as well.  My oldest son is big (325 pounds and 6'4").  He has symptoms like this and I think some of it has to do with his weight.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Anxious_Kas

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 07:36:16 AM »
I saw in your other post that you slept in a different room and experienced no symptoms.  Have you thought about something in your room that could be contributing to this?

A pinched nerve also crossed my mind as well.  My oldest son is big (325 pounds and 6'4").  He has symptoms like this and I think some of it has to do with his weight.

Hmm. It could possibly be my blankets.

I've bathed earlier and I've been feeling fine after that. Now I'm kinda tingling since it's almost bedtime.

Your oldest son has the same exact symptoms? I'd love more information about your son and hoping he's doing well. I might be close to the same weight as him. Has he received check-ups of any kind? I wouldn't want to pry on it too deep, but any information would help me think on what to do.

Thanks for replying. You've made my morning a lot better. :)

-Kas
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 226
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 08:07:25 AM »
back in '97 when I was on my first MS kick, I'd wake up with my neck/back burning.  amazing what anxiety and amped nerves do whack out all parts of us.

Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline benefit

• Rec's: 5
  • Silence without mental violence.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 12:00:34 AM »
I'm experiencing back burning right now with an MS fear, of course. I searched the site and found this post. Ugh, it is so frustrating and real... and of course since pretty much anything can be a symptom of MS, back burning is definitely a symptom of it :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: