Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Xanax Vs. Klonopin  (Read 1709 times)

Offline gmichael

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Xanax Vs. Klonopin
« on: February 21, 2012, 07:20:30 PM »
I was wondering what the opinion is with regards to Xanax Vs. Klonopin for severe anxiety symptoms. What works better?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jipped

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Xanax Vs. Klonopin
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 12:45:08 AM »
I'm not sure which one is actually better at stopping anxiety or panic but I can tell you that klonopin has a longer half-life, Klonpin lasts more than twice as long. I understand that Xanax has a little bit of antidepressant in it while klonopin has been known to create depression so you may want to consider those things. Also the potency between the two drugs is about the same.

Be well

Jipped
Bookmark and Share
Rock bottom can be a solid foundation in which to build your life.

Offline gmichael

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 11:21:33 PM »
Thanks, Anyone have experience with both?
Bookmark and Share

Offline mrmanic

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 09:53:00 AM »
Hi Gmichael,
 I would agree with Jippeds statement. Having been on both myself, I would say for me, xanax was good for taking on an as needed basis to stop panic attacks. But having to take them every 4-5 hours was not working for me. I switched to klonopin and am on one .25 a day that I take in the morning and don't worry about having anxiety or panic attacks any longer. *We are all different with reactions to meds*
Bookmark and Share

Offline Louie19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 09:46:43 AM »
I will say this....if you can stay away from benzo's totally....you are better off.
I took Klonopin for years, and yes, it works well for a while. But below is where I am currently at:

Hi all....new to this forum. I took Klonopin (2 mg), for about 15 years. Seemed it lost its "good" effects on me some time ago. I started a taper around June of last year and am down to 1 mg now. Having a fairly rough time with some anxiety, depersonilization, etc. I also developed tinnitus somewhere around Oct., which is really a bother! Hoping it is just the withdrawal. Anyone else have this?? I have the Ashton Manual and have read it.....good stuff and I am going to try to get my new doc to switch me to Valium next week as I'm at the 1 mg. K = 20 mg Valium stage....anyone else had any luck with the valium? I wish I could kick that stupid 1st doc I had in the head for telling me that I could stay on Klonopin forever with no problems.....yeah....
Any help would be appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: