Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hard lumpy bone/bump in nostril  (Read 16494 times)

Offline Kcassiejo24

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hard lumpy bone/bump in nostril
« on: February 10, 2012, 04:50:36 AM »
Im kind of freaking myself out convinced I have some type of nose cancer. So I was feeling around in my nose, which I often do (i hope others do too?) And I noticed in the back of my nose on the bottom towards the back, on the right side is what feels like a part of my nose, like bone. But its not in my left nostril? I think I can remember it being there uears and years ago. So pretty much forever, but I didnt have ha then so wouldnt take notice to it. Part of me thinks I really know its always been there and its a normal bone,but I have had a pretty good day today, went to the dentist got some cosmetic work on my two front teeth, which makes me feel so much better about myself, but anyway I think im creating it because I cant have a normal happy day. Idk if that makes sense? So does anyone elses nostrils feel like this? Please tell me it does. Its like if you take your left pointer finger and put it in your right nostril as far as it goes comfy, feel on the bottom of your nostril and it extends back inyo my sinuses... I cant sleep its 5am and I have googled ( ooops) and only found nose septum cancer!
Bookmark and Share
"Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but gets you no where"

Offline mantooth

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hard lumpy bone/bump in nostril
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 06:01:51 AM »
I think I feel what you're feeling. It's normal I'm sure, noses and sinuses are weird and not always symmetrical.

P.S Everyone digs in their nose whether they admit it or not.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kcassiejo24

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 11:53:45 PM »
Thank you for the reply. I guess im the only one who has it, so its probably a tumor of some sort. Just my luck.....
Bookmark and Share
"Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but gets you no where"

Offline LindaRK

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 12:04:51 AM »
Maybe it's a booger.  A really old one.  Okay, okay.  But I bet I got you to smile!!!

Yep, as mantooth said - every part of us - we're not always symmetrical.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Kcassiejo24

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 01:00:50 AM »
Lol! Yes it did :) I needed that.

The bump is hard, as hard as bone and its clearly obvious, when i feel it..it almost feels like it extends into my sinus cavity back there. Still freaking me out pretty badly. If no one else has it, then that means my body has a hard mass in my nose, which prob cant be good... I wish i had  insurance :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline mantooth

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 03:35:49 AM »
I'm no oncologist but tumors aren't rock hard.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 41
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 07:05:28 AM »
I went feeling around in there to see if I could feel what you describe (and I now have the galloping sneezes as a result, haha, and one of my cats is looking at me wondering what the heck is wrong with me!) and, sure enough, yep I can!  So while it's not something everyone has, I guess, you're not the only one.  Mine's on the right side only.  EXACTLY as you describe.  Maybe it's one of those things some people have but not others, like lumps on the roof of your mouth.  Or maybe we both have nose cancer; but I highly doubt that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kcassiejo24

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 04:50:07 PM »
Oh my gosh Molly thank you so much!!  You just made me feel literally 100% better! Thank you, sorry about your sneezing and such! Isnt that so weird how all we need to here is someone else has it or feels it and you suddenly realize, ok maybe i was freaking out over nothing?
Bookmark and Share

Offline ImObsessed

• "We're all here distracting ourselves until we die." -( J.J. Abrams)
  • Im an egomaniac with low self esteem
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 06:10:18 PM »
I had a wart inside my nostril that was cut out a couple years ago. They can grow in there
Bookmark and Share
Im obsessed with my health and my current obsession is my liver.

Offline ClassicNerd

• Rec's: 13
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 07:36:47 PM »
Make that #3 with nose septum cancer! I have one of those bumps too. It has been there forever, and I recently went to an ENT about another issue. I've got a deviated septum. A lot of people have deviated septums from minor trauma but everyone's varries in severity and shape. Mine is so deviated one of my nostrils is almost closed off and everything kind of twists. A deviated septum might be a more logical diagnosis.  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share
“I am an old man and I have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened” -  Mark Twain

Offline Jnations56

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 12:04:22 PM »
Did you ever find out what it was? I have the same thing and an freakin
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kcassiejo24

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 11:37:59 PM »
Im assuming its just a part of the normal bone! I havent had any problems with it and others  seem to have it to. Im sure we all dont have some horrible disease in our nose ;)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Simplyme87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2014, 11:29:29 AM »
I know that thread is old but this is me now. Freakinf out because I feel a lump/ bone in my right nosestril. It feels like the cartilage but I don't know. How do I know it's nothing? I feel silly going back to the doctor. I know it might have been there for a while but I didn't have health anxiety until recently.
Bookmark and Share

Online fishmanpa

• Rec's: 46
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2014, 11:43:06 AM »
"I think I can remember it being there uears and years ago. So pretty much forever, but I didnt have ha then so wouldnt take notice to it. "

Check with a doctor if you want but I think the above statement says it all.

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline MstngChc210

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2014, 03:21:28 PM »
I have a deviated septum too and it is in the right nostril and pretty much has closed off my entire notril. I can barely breath through that nostril! You are fine girl, we all have weird out of alignments! A while back, I was brushing my teeth and saw this really big bump behind my uvula, thought for sure it was a tumor...come to find out, its just part of my anatomy.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: