Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Can chest pain be associated with anxiety?  (Read 545 times)

Offline motherless1

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Can chest pain be associated with anxiety?
« on: February 07, 2012, 06:34:34 AM »
I've noticed that I have a dull chest pain on my left side that is more noticeable in the mornings.  It doesn't hurt when I take a deep breath but it can bother me when I do something that exert myself somewhat (lift my 30 pound daughter).  I can work out without any problem or w/o feeling it but if I lay down on my left side I feel it.  It almost feels like a muscle strain or pull so it's not really painful at all.  I've gone to the doctor to get it checked out and even had a chest x-ray but the doctors can't find anything.  I'm wondering if it's associated with anxiety?  Or perhaps not.  Has anyone else experienced something like this?  I'm really starting to worry about this because if it's not anxiety related, I have no idea what it could be. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline jane134

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can chest pain be associated with anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 09:07:07 AM »
Hi motherless,

I would say that if your Dr has checked this out, then you can rest in the knowledge that it is anxiety.  Maybe its caused from tension? Seriously, trust your dr. I know people have all kinds of weird things going in that area, due to anxiety.
Bookmark and Share
In order to fly, you have to unload the stuff that weighs you down.

Offline photobunny

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 06:20:14 PM »
when i am really anxious, i get a tight feeling in my chest and left side. I too went to the dr's with it, had an x-ray, ecg and all came back clear. I was told it was the anxiety causing the pain, its a horrible feeling and makes you more anxious.
Bookmark and Share

kactusflwr

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 08:52:56 PM »
Anxiety can absolutely cause chest pain. I have chest pain all the time--sometimes right on my heart, sometimes behind my heart in my back, sometimes in the center of my chest. I've had multiple tests done and all doctors have said my heart is healthy, so I just try to ignore it, and if I'm really scared I take an Aspirin. I have found that the more attention I pay to my chest pains, the longer they linger!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Karenstressed

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 10:10:53 AM »
I have left sided chest pain to for a while now. Have had X-ray also. I know my gp thinks it is anxiety and I know tat I should focus on test results but is hard when the pain starts. Lets trust our doctors opinions and don't let it take ov our lives x
Bookmark and Share

Offline zoran

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 12:22:10 PM »
I have twice been to the hospital for chest pains.  Heart attacks run early in my  family.  Brother has it. My pipes come out clean.  Pains are gone but it's always on my mind.  I know what your are saying.  Your not alone.
Bookmark and Share
Chance favors the prepared mind

Offline ghall

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 01:15:04 PM »
I've been in the same boat. Same thing, doctor checked me out and everything was fine. I agree with the other posters, if your doctor says nothing is wrong then you're fine. I know how hard it is to remember that when it's happening, but just stop and take a few deep breaths.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: