Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: weird feeling in back of head.  (Read 6376 times)

Offline evwifey

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
weird feeling in back of head.
« on: January 26, 2012, 03:04:55 AM »
i haven't been on this site for a while, and i posted back in the beginning of december with a weird sensation/off balance feeling in back of my head.  while it hasn't gotten better, it also hasn't gotten worse.  it is not painful, but kinda feels like a numbing, muscle contraction.  some days are worse than others.  i have been to the doctors several times and he feels it has something to do with muscle tension in my shoulders.  i have been to a physical therapist and it doesn't seem to be helping.  it is causing some major anxiety!!!  i don't think a have a brain tumor or anything like that, but don't like the feeling it causes.  almost feels like a funny bone feeling in the back of my head.  i am fine everwhere else.  just want this to go away.  anyone feel this?  i have read some other posts and most people who have this say it is caused by anxiety. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ravens Lady

• Rec's: 42
  • As a Lady thinks, so she is.....
    • Poke This Member
Re: weird feeling in back of head.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 03:41:13 AM »
Hi there evwifey, I remember you :)

Sorry to hear about that pain.  That's no fun.

I have had two types of pains in the back of my head and neck.  One type I think was caused by excessive tension in my neck after a really stressful time.  The tension started in my neck and reached all the way up into my head!  I had never known this could occur!  But it did.

Another type of pain I have is rare but sometimes I'll have actual spinal alignment issues with my neck when my low back is off kilter.  This can go back up into the bottom of my skull it seems.  That comes and goes.

There may not be an easy fix but perhaps changing your physical activity routine might help?  Exercising lightly?  Staying away from long periods of sitting?  These are just some ideas though since I don't know your situation.  But when an issue is ongoing and you can't seem to eradicate it, I find that just focusing on other things and doing ones best to make the most of each day (whatever is given) works to get you through.  Sometimes you have to say, "I know this is painful/annoying/worrisome but what am I going to do if this doesn't go away?  How will I make the most of each day?" And then resolve to put your mind to the projects and pursuits that give you the most fulfillment.  Doing these things is the best distraction I think, even if we can't fully get rid of the current issue.

Hope you find some relief soon!

-Ravens Lady

Bookmark and Share

Offline mantooth

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 07:08:11 AM »
I get that! Like a kind of tingling/numbness/twitchy kind of thing right where my spine hits my skull, it's uncomfortable but not really painful.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mstromgren

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 07:47:56 AM »
I had this exact same feeling for more than a year. I went to multiple Dr.s and finally my ENT told met to see a chiropractor. I had never seen one before. I went to one and he said how common it was. I went for a couple months and it started to dissipate. I now do monthly massages to keep up with the tension in my neck. I have finally found some relief. Maybe try one of these methods? Hope this helps, -M
Bookmark and Share

Offline evwifey

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 08:09:23 AM »
thanks for the replies!! i really appreciate it.  i guess we can all relate to blowing physical symptoms out of proportion!  i haven't gone to a chiropractor for my neck, but have gone to one before for my lower back.  looks like it's time for me to pay him a visit!  thanks again!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: