Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Pimple on breast  (Read 14977 times)

Offline Jeannddp

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Pimple on breast
« on: December 28, 2011, 08:51:55 AM »
Hey....

Going a bit kooky. Last Friday morning I noticed I had a small pimple on my breast located on the inner part of the breast. At first I thought it was an ingrown hair but nearly a wk later I don't see a hair coming out of it. It had gotten smaller and lighter in color but today my OCD got a hold of me and I toyed with it. Now I'm miserable worrying I could have BC. My friend said to soak a cotton ball with castor oil and let it sit on it. My hubby thinks I'm crazy worrying about it but I can't help it. I just got over worrying about a few other things not that long ago and now this. Ughhhhhh!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mac7701

• Rec's: 11
  • Freedom Is Within Your Reach
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pimple on breast
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 10:59:32 AM »
Hi!
Sounds like an ingrown hair. I had one right before thanksgiving on my areola. My husband kept telling me that it was an ingrown hair but I kept telling him that I don't have hairs there. It just so happened that I was going to see a breast surgeon the day before Thanksgiving (talk about fate!) for a follow up appointment. I was so scared it was breast cancer. She took one look at it and said it was an inflamed hair folicle and that we have hair folicles all over our bodies. Mine was pretty big, about the size of my fingertip, because I kept fooling around with it. She put me on a round of antibiotics and had me put some hot compresses on it. Now it is completely normal. So I suggest putting hot compresses on it and keeping your hands off it so it doesn't become infected.  Hope this helps  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
Recovering H/A sufferer. It feels so good to be free.

Offline Jeannddp

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 02:22:43 PM »
Thanks, Mac. I feel a little better. Still upset a bit. Once one worry is resolved another pops up. I'm just in that mode now. This pimple is not on the areola but on the fatty area on the inside of the breast towards the cleavage area.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mac7701

• Rec's: 11
  • Freedom Is Within Your Reach
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 05:07:44 PM »
There are hair folicles all over the breast. Or it could be irritated from clothing or your bra rubbing against your skin. Or it could be from sweating, i know that when i work out i sometimes get little pimples there too. My mom had Inflammatory Breast cancer with nodules on the skin and they were huge round welts that were the size of quarters. And they were the last presenting symptom of her cancer, so I wouldn't worry about cancer (easier said then done, I know).  And so I'm not creating anymore anxiety, IBC is very rare, around 1% of all breast cancers are IBC. And we are pretty sure the fact that my mom and her sister, who was diagnosed with lung cancer years ago, were given weekly chest X-rays for over a year and a half in the 50s because their father was suspected of having TB was the huge contributing factor to both of their cancers, since no one else in our family has ever had cancer.
I know exactly what you mean about one worry going away and then another pops up. I was just at my doctors again today with swollen lymphnodes in my neck. Was sure it was lymphona, nope. A pretty nasty inner ear infection.  So my advice is to put some warm compresses on it, try not to mess with it and then let your body handle it naturally. And if it doesn't go away by next week then see your doctor. Sometimes our bodies need a little help.  Take care, and try not to worry  ::)
Bookmark and Share
Recovering H/A sufferer. It feels so good to be free.

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 05:50:15 PM »
My wife sometimes gets pimples on her breasts also; may be from sweat, etc,; nothing
to worry about.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Jeannddp

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 08:21:12 PM »
Thanks, guys!
Bookmark and Share

Offline poppitlocket

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 09:30:11 PM »
I occasionally get pimples there too. When I do, they're normally more painful and take longer to heal than a pimple on my face. I would not worry about it if I were you. They're just a nuisance more than anything in my opinion!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mantooth

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 05:22:44 AM »
Man if i worried about every pimple in a weird spot on me I'd have killed myself with anxiety a long time ago. Your body is covered with hair, you just don't see most of it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kcg13

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • My mind ... both a blessing AND a curse ...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 08:03:10 AM »
I have the same thing.  Sounds like in the same spot.   Just like when they are on your face, they take forever to go away.  I had it when I went to my yearly exam in Nov.  I didn't specifically ask about it (kashi had other things i was worrying more about at the time) but he did do a breast exam and it was easy to see and all was well.  (plus it unquestionably looks like a pimple) and where there is skin so can there be acne.  Yay.  But initially I was freaking out too.
Bookmark and Share
"If I could tell the world just one thing, it would be we're all ok.  And not to worry cause worry is wasteful and useless in times like these...." - "Hands" - Jewel

Offline Jeannddp

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 09:52:39 AM »
Thank u all, once again. The pimple has gone down, thank God. I guess it's going to take some time to go away because I don't get sun or air there. A friend told me a trick that works quite well for pimples, boils, and bruises. Take a cotton ball and soak it with castor oil. Tape it on over night and the lesion should diminish in size. It really worked well. Castor oil has anti-inflammatory properties in in. I even used it on my external hems and for the moment they're non-existent. Thanks again, everyone!!!!!!!!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: