Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Charlie horse type pain in leg... Blood clot??  (Read 2156 times)

Offline r8chil

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Charlie horse type pain in leg... Blood clot??
« on: December 12, 2011, 07:50:14 PM »
Ok so I have had a Charlie horse like pain in one spit on my left outer calf for the past 2 days that comes and goes. There is no swelling or redness. I am just worried it might be a clot... I always lay on my left bc of stomach related issues (better for gas relief) and bc I'm a righty so if I am writing or typing (on my cell), its just easier. For years I have been getting pain and numbness and cramping bc of laying this way and I have to lay flat in order to get blood flow back in my leg etc. But this new pain is really freaking me out. I also have no additional pain when pointing my toes, moving my foot the opposite way, or if I stand. Any ideas? Thanks! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ravens Lady

• Rec's: 42
  • As a Lady thinks, so she is.....
    • Poke This Member
Re: Charlie horse type pain in leg... Blood clot??
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 07:54:59 PM »
Hi, welcome to AZ  :)

I don't think you should assume blood clot from that alone.  There are so many other issues that might contribute to that are not serious. 

I've never tried this, but a friend of mine said that she swore that a few teaspoons of mustard would get rid of some of her muscle spasms; she had read it in one of those 'dear abby' type letters in the paper awhile ago.  But like I said, I don't really know if it works or not.  :)

Bookmark and Share

Offline r8chil

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Charlie horse type pain in leg... Blood clot??
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 10:53:35 PM »
Hello and thank you!! I know I shouldn't jump the gun but its hard bc with all of my other health issues when I have something new or unknown happening, I worry. Then naturally the panic in me shines through... It's just bizarre in that I feel as if im going to have a charlie horse but it doesnt happen. It feels as though one is coming on in other areas of my calf now but it just stops then starts up again a little while later. So odd and yet scary...

I also have another question if you post something on Herr, how do you know if anyone replies? Do you have to go find your post everytime or is there some sort of notification? Thank you.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: