Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: head ache, pressure in back of head & nose pressure sensation  (Read 25263 times)

Offline mermaid

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
head ache, pressure in back of head & nose pressure sensation
« on: November 14, 2011, 03:16:52 AM »
Had a killer headache on and off all weekend - i'm thinking tension as my neck is stiff and sore and the pain is up the back of the head and around to the eyebrows, and also my eyes are very stingy.

That's not my main concern tho. What's worrying me the most is the weird pressure feeling I've been getting on and off (pretty much daily now) for a week or two, feels like my head is filling woth air and gonna burst then it subsides. Not sore just pressured
Then even worse for some reason is i keep getting this weird pressurized feeling in my nose, feels like i've been punched in the nose.

I'm scared of something neuro / brain tumor due to these ongoing pressurised feelings. and the headaches this weekend have compounded that fear.

I DON'T have any sinus issues, no congestions, nothing like that.

Any thoughts?

Am planning on popping in at the optician tomorrow for them to check in my eyes for brain pressure just for reassurance (it will be free, and also the doctors can never see through with their little torches when they examin me as my script is very high due to really bad eyesight.)

Should I see a GP anyway? trying to avoid running to the doc. I hate never knowing when to take something seriously and when to say it's 'just anxiety'.

Bookmark and Share

Offline harleycallowx

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: head ache, pressure in back of head & nose pressure sensation
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 04:01:02 AM »
I used to get a weird head pressure feeling when my anxiety was worse, since my anxietys been better I haven't had it, and I've had the feeling in my nose, I used to feel like all the nerves in my face were twitching as well, I think its all caused by anxiety, but if it would make you feel better talking to a doctor I would just go to the doctors, I was feeling really really low about a month ago when my anxiety was bad, had one appointment with a doctor and I felt so much better!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mermaid

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 08:54:05 AM »
Thanks harleycallowx for that response.

Does anyone else have any suggestions re: the nose pressure feeling? I ran the phrase Head Pressure on the search function here and found it is quite a common symptom of anxiety but no one else that i can find here mentions feeling a pussing feeling on their nose.

It's on the sides half way up the nose, below the bridge, where you'd squeeze to stop a nose bleed. I also keep getting twitching muscles on either side of the nose.

i'd be tempted to wonder about allergies but i have no sniffs or sneezes at all...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ella1

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 10:52:08 AM »
Hiya,

I have suffered anxiety for years. about 5 yrs ago I started getting pressure behind one eye, with heavy pressure across the bridge of my nose, a pain in one side of my head with alot of pressure. I get nasal drip too.  I was convinced I had a tumour, so I had a MRI scan and all clear !! I have been getting it on an off for 5 yrs now, sometimes daily, It can only be anxiety for me, or maybe the anxidety messes with my hormones and causes sinus isssues , I dont know.
Bookmark and Share

Offline 1looneychick

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 01:24:22 PM »
I have this too!  I have chronic sinus problems but I have the head pressure, funny nose feeling even when my sinus problems are better.  I also get weird tight creepy feelings down the side of my face - no idea why!  I use a neti pot for the funny nose feeling and sometimes I stuff vick's vaporub up my nose.  I don't know if it's a placebo effect or what but it eventually goes away :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline mermaid

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 04:02:59 AM »
Thanks for the replies - hah, i also stick Vicks up my nose to try alleviate the problem and it mostly works because it makes my nose tingle so gives it a different symptom to play with for a bit.

Juts having never had sinus issues this sensation worries me.

And the last day or so I now also have a ,metal taste in my mouth that no amount of tea or chewing gum will get rid of... and i no it can be anxiety but it can also be scary stuff.

sigh.
Bookmark and Share

Offline msmylove12

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 04:30:29 AM »
Hi everyone. when i read the topics posted above... i felt interested to share my personal experience and how i can very well relate to the experiences that most of you had.. At the moment i have this pressure on my nose... i feel its in my sinus area.. and the pressure gets worse each day. I have been diagnosed with Temporomandibular joint disorder, which i believe, is causing this problem. I do not experience any sharp pain but i feel a general state of discomfort especially in my nasal cavities. It has gone worse that my breathing is already affected. I couldn't breath normally.. i feel like i need to deep breath every time to get as much oxygen but that is not normal for me.. I also noticed that when i exhale through my nose.. the pressure is higher from the inside but when i inhale, i feel that the air could not come in easily. my speech is also affected and i get dizzy often. Sometimes i feel i am in a state of imbalance that if i move i will stumble down. I have had anxiety attacks prior to the diagnosis... and i was also convinced that it was anxiety that causes the problem. But like i have said, the TMJ causes the great discomfort and occasional pain.  What do I do? Has anyone experienced the same problem? I will be starting the TMJ management soon  but each day that passes seem like a struggle and i dont think i can wait that long. I need help.. What am i supposed to do?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: