Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Legs FEEL bruised, but no bruise!?  (Read 25795 times)

Offline nikol373

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Legs FEEL bruised, but no bruise!?
« on: November 12, 2011, 10:53:24 AM »
Lately, I've been doing a lot better with my HA. Diet and Exercise, as well as vitamins have really made me feel so much better. However, I still frequently get sections of my legs (and occasionally around my elbows and bottom ribs) that feel very tender when they are pressed / rubbed against. I'm only 22 years old (female) so I'm not sure what could cause this. When I do feel a weird pain, I always jump straight to some form of cancer. I don't even know what kind of cancer this would be a symptom of (leukemia? is still my biggest fear.), but that's just where my mind goes to. It doesn't feel like it is bone pain ... it doesn't feel deep. It almost feels topical, and I THINK it moves throughout a certain region of my leg. It is about 3 inches below my knee on the outside of my left leg, though I do get it on both legs. I usually get the pain on the inside of my knees (bilateral) and the outsides of my thighs / buttox. Anyone know what this could be? I do stand as a cashier at work for long periods of time. One other thing I have noticed is that when my anxiety acts up (often it is hormonal-related.) the pain will become worse, and my joints will feel "looser". Does anyone have any experience with anything like this? Any way to make it feel better...or at least convince me that it's probably nothing serious?

Thanks!
Bookmark and Share
"Fight fires in your best clothes,
Touch skin with your eyes closed,
Chase thunder...
With the volume down
Pack a suitcase, wander to the next town..."

Offline sixpack

• Rec's: 181
    • Poke This Member
Re: Legs FEEL bruised, but no bruise!?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 11:02:17 AM »
happens to me

it is also on that list of anxiety symptoms that floats around here  "sore body like a bruise".

I couldn't even think of a sinister reason for it.  I guess if I were to google, I'd find something as whenever you look for trouble you can find it.   :yes: :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state. 

Offline JER2911

• Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
  • Rec's: 27
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 11:04:50 AM »
Hi, just wanted you to know you are not alone..I posted about this exact same thing a few weeks ago..here is my post from then:

"I have this bruise like feeling on my shin, but there is no bruise.  It throbs a little sometimes in that spot and it's tender to the touch.  I do not recall hitting it on anything and it's been this way for a while now..at least a month or more.  I had been trying to ignore it, thinking it would go away, but my brain has zoned in on it now and there is no more ignoring it  :spineyes:

I also have a similar sore spot on my upper leg, on the back.   It's just tender, like when I pull my pants on or sit on the edge of a chair...no bruise or anything and it's been tender for about the same amout of time.

My shoulder and airmpit constantly ache on the same exact side."

I have no idea what it is, but it's been happening for a while and I'm still here to worry about it  :spineyes:

If it's an reassurance, I've had two CBC's all completley normal and my doctor's are not worried.  Of course they say it's over active nerves.

I'm actually trying a new supplement that a rhumeatologist gave me  and I'm feeling a lot better..my shin hasn't hurt for almost two days now..so maybe it's working.  It's called Curamin, (its safe to google)  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
Matthew 6:27  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Offline nikol373

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 11:27:41 AM »
Yeah, that sounds exactly like me! What set this whole anxiety thing off to begin with was an elevated (slightly) WBC count during a CBC back in early September. I had it re-done (w/ differential), and it came back normal. Dr. thinks it was a cold (I've had sinusitis for pretty much the entire Fall season.) Hearing something like that, though, obviously sets off the nerves BIG TIME! If it doesn't go away with more exercising / a healthier, stress-free lifestyle, I may head to my Dr., just to be on the safe side. I have had bad knee joints my whole life from sports, and the sport-med Dr. told me I'll be a prime candidate for arthritis later in life. Wonderful.  :spineyes:

I've heard other people who also take Cumadin. I'm wondering if it could also have something to do with a lack of Potassium, or dehydration. This is just not something I want to spend time worrying about!!!
Bookmark and Share
Chase thunder...
With the volume down
Pack a suitcase, wander to the next town..."

Offline JER2911

• Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
  • Rec's: 27
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 11:37:59 AM »
Yeah, we'd be amazed at how much better we'd feel if we could turn our worry machines off..the mind is a powerful thing!

And that's Curamin..not Cumadin (just wanted to make sure you knew the difference)..cause Cumadin is a blood thinner and that's not what I'm taking.. :laugh3:
Curamin you buy in a health food store.
Bookmark and Share
Matthew 6:27  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Offline nikol373

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 09:43:28 AM »
Ah...Thank you for clarifying.  haha.
Bookmark and Share
Chase thunder...
With the volume down