Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: panic attack this morning; convinced i have C. Diff.  (Read 1511 times)

Offline Sanque

• Hypo Extraordinaire
  • Rec's: 2
  • The Sanque Abides...
    • Poke This Member
panic attack this morning; convinced i have C. Diff.
« on: October 06, 2011, 09:20:37 AM »
if you dont know what C. Diff is, dont google it. it can be caused by anti-biotic use, and i've been on bactrim twice in the last two months. the warning signs are diarrhea and bloating. yesterday i went to the bathroom and it was normal. i had a few drinks last night, woke up and had diarrhea. now im hoping that its from the drinking and im not going backwards here, but i cant shake the feeling that im going to develop or already have C. diff. My doctor told me that if by next week im still having diarrhea that i need to call them and do a stool test, but the issue is...i have IBS too. all this anxiety makes my stomach upset, as well. C. Diff can be life-threatening, so of course im panicked hardcore about this.

anyone have any experience with this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 223
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: panic attack this morning; convinced i have C. Diff.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 09:33:20 AM »
actually I'm going to look up c. diff.  I've never heard of it AND if it is caused by two rounds of bactrim in two months then most of us peeps are completely SCREWED  :winking0008: 
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 09:46:12 AM »
so what I discovered is:

The rate of C. difficile acquisition is estimated to be 13% in patients with hospital stays of up to 2 weeks, and 50% in those with hospital stays longer than 4 weeks 

have you been in the hospital or patient in a nursing home?  This is where peeps are most likely to acquire this bacteria.

C. difficile is a commensal bacterium of the human intestine in 2-5% of the population 

so only 2-5% already have this bacterium naturally in their bodies.

Chances are if you haven't been in hospital recently or are in  95-98% of the population, you don't have the bacterium in you at all.  which would mean even if bactrim killed the flora/fauna in your gut,   a body without c.diff would not have any issue.  which would mean c.diff could not take hold.

Sometimes diarrhea is just diarrhea.  In your case you have had a few drinks AND you have anxiety AND you IBS.....  all of these things cause diarrhea.   so I'm guessing BEASTY is playing with you and you are getting sucked right into his game.   :yes:  If you continuing worrying about this, it is likely the diarrhea will keep up. 
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Sanque

• Hypo Extraordinaire
  • The Sanque Abides...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 10:10:55 AM »
i know i know...

it's just my doctor is pretty conservative with me since she knows of my...issues. and when SHE says something like that, I get really nervous. she was feeling around my stomach area looking for inflammation and what not. god, even as we speak my stomach is going nuts. i take klonopin and zoloft too, the zoloft is relatively new, but the doc said thats more likely to cause constipation, however, i have noticed in the past that klonopin tends to make my stomach upset.

i was also in the hospital about 10 months ago for suicidal thoughts. Wasn't there overnight or anything, but I did lay in the bed and was around all the equipment. =-(

who knows. who knows anymore. thats just how i feel. i feel so lostttttttt right now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sanque

• Hypo Extraordinaire
  • The Sanque Abides...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 10:12:10 AM »
but thanks for always being there to try and calm me down, sixpack. it's much appreciated, you don't even know :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 11:06:30 AM »
yw  :happy0151:

and one night stay----um maybe up 1/2% chance.   :winking0008:    I've been in hospital a few times for birthing babies.  I've also had several rounds of anti-b's since then.  I'm alive and kicking.

your reasons for diarrhea are coming from the mundane....   :yes:  NOT the exciting/panicky/scary reasons.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: