Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Why does my stomach ALWAYS feel empty???  (Read 13147 times)

Offline sickntired

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Why does my stomach ALWAYS feel empty???
« on: August 31, 2011, 09:17:11 PM »
I have been on Weight Watchers for 4 weeks and up to today I have felt wonderful!! But all day today I have felt like I am starving like stomach growling hungry. I eat and it goes away for a super short period of time and then I am back to starving WTH?? Could it be in my head or am I concentrating too hard on my stomach feelings or is it an ulcer or worse the dreaded stomach C!!!!! I am trying to keep my mind occupied and chalk it up to maybe my body is fighting the new way of eating, but I was doing so well and had so much less anxiety or any health concerns why did it change in one day!! My HA mind wants to jump to the conclusion that it is worse case scenario, but really my only symptom is feeling constant hunger unless I am eating. Has anyone ever experienced this?? I need someone to calm me down before I go into full blown panic!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline plomeli

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Why does my stomach ALWAYS feel empty???
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 01:42:42 AM »
I have and just recently. I woke up with a stomach ache and then my stomach started acting funny. It was making really weird sounds and I would wake up super super hungry. Anyway after a couple of weeks my stomach got back to normal and now I feel better. Don't worry to much about it!!! Good luck.
Bookmark and Share
Even when difficulties come into our lives, as they do for all humans "know" our great option is to chose love rather than fear.  -Oprah

Offline JER2911

• Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
  • Rec's: 28
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 09:44:47 AM »
You are eating differently than your body is used to.  You may actually be that hungry, because your body is thinking.."where the heck are all my calories!!"  Your metabolism may be starting to kick it up a notch, especially if you are exercising with your new diet plan...

Another reason may be acid..acid can sometimes make us feel like we are hungry.  When I had a bad bout of acid reflux (which you can have without having heartburn, it's called silent refulx), I would feel like I was starving and then I would eat and it would go away, only to return a short while later.  That was because when I ate, it would take that acid down a notch, but as soon as the food was digested, the acid would kick back in and I would feel hungry again.  (I was told this by my GI doc).  I started taking Zantac and it helped a lot.

So, it could be either one of those scenarios.  Just give your body a little more time to adjust to the changes you are making!  You are fine and you are going to feel even better as you continue on the road to a healither lifestyle! Don't let your HA keep you from that  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
Matthew 6:27  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Offline lincolnsmama7709

• Rec's: 0
  • God give me strength
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 11:49:57 AM »
I get this randomly, and have never thought much about it.  Some days I'm starving, and it feels like I just can't eat enough.  I'll try and think about what my eating habits were for the couple days before that.  Maybe I wasn't eating as much, or my schedule was off, and my body is trying to make up for that.  I really wouldn't be concerned if this is the first time it's happened and you're on a new diet!
Bookmark and Share

Offline teese18

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 03:09:20 PM »
Are you staying hydrated? a lot of times people who aren't as hydrated as they should be get the "little monster in their stomach that talks ot them" that make them feel like they're hungry. try keeping hydrated too! maybe you're hungry, maybe your body is yearning for something to drink. you shouldn't worry. everything that you're going through is normal to a new diet. :) no worries!
Bookmark and Share

Offline sickntired

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 05:20:54 PM »
Thank You everyone for your replies!! Today was a totally different day, I really kept track of what I was eating and ate several small meals. Wow what a difference. I also did my 30min shred workout video w Jillian Michaels and I am feeling well and fit! Once I get focused on this lifestyle my anxiety seems a million miles away, now just to stay that way.......
Bookmark and Share

Offline JER2911

• Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
  • Rec's: 28
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 10:24:32 PM »
Good to hear!!  Keep it up  :happy0030:
Bookmark and Share
Matthew 6:27  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 09:42:36 AM »
Many times when you are anxious it causes your stomach to gurgle and feel
empty or get pain. I have had an ulcer in my esophagus and my symptoms
were severe pain and burning.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: