Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: face feels tight/head pressure/light headed/tingling  (Read 25525 times)

Offline smmaho

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
face feels tight/head pressure/light headed/tingling
« on: August 26, 2011, 12:12:26 AM »
I have had this feeling before but am rather concerned. I feel as though my whole face is tight in particular my cheeks and jaw. More so my left side. I've had this feeling before it almost feels like a rush of blood.....like when you used to do hand stands as a kid but this involves a weird tight sensation in cheeks. I have also had tingling sensations in various parts of my body for over a year that come and go as they please. I also get a painful electric shock pain between my middle and ring finger on my left hand. I have told my GP about the electric shock pain and tingling sensations before but he said they were nothing to worry about. I have also mentioned light headedness and they told me to try and relax. I must admit when i started laughing and tried to forget about the feeling it did ease off but it's still there now.

Has anyone else experienced this before? I'm worried it's a brain tumour (asked dr about that before and was told that it wasn't and i accepted that), MS (my fear atm) or a stroke :(

Bookmark and Share

Offline smmaho

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: face feels tight/head pressure/light headed/tingling
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 04:51:51 AM »
So I looked in the mirror and freaked myself out because I can't help but look at my droopy eye. I have had two drs look at it not that long ago and they said it was fine and nothing to worry about. Actually I showed my dr that when i told him i was concerned with MS or a brain tumour. So what have I gone and done.....I have just spent two hours googling! two hours! And of course I have found horrible things such as MS which is my main concern, brain tumours, muscular dystrophy, ALS and many other muscular diseases. I also came across pinched nerves.

I am so increibly scared and I have gone and freaked myself out on a Friday night and now my whole weekend is ruined and I can't see the dr until Monday. I had made an appointment for early last week but I cancelled it because I thought it would be fine and that it was all anxiety but now im really not sure!

Bookmark and Share

Offline mermaid

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 05:07:27 AM »
while your symptoms are not the same as mine i totally identify with the fear that goes with wierd facial sensations - i have a real 'stiff face' feeling for hours on end, along with facial spams and a feeling of pressure in my whole head. the face is so bad it affects my speech (see my recent PLS HELP post).

I also identify with things going 'wrong' on the weekend where you can't see anyone, and with cancelling appointments then re-scheduling them.

i don't know if it will help YOU but reading your post helped ME to rememeber how similar we all are with the symptoms of HA even if the physical symptoms are different. We react and fear the same kind of things in the same way. i hate that feeling of 'i have to do something RIGHT NOW and i can't get hold of anyone.' - that triggers major panic attacks for me. but in reality even if it were something bad chances are you don't need to find out before Monday and by then maybe it will have eased off.

stay off google this weekend. (and i am talking to myself as much as to you there) x
Bookmark and Share

Offline lincolnsmama7709

• Rec's: 0
  • God give me strength
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 11:54:09 AM »
I don't really have any experience with the facial problems you're having, but it just amazes me how similiar we all are in our behavior.  I just found this site last weekend, and it's already helped me so much, because I'm realizing that there are other people around that deal with the same things! 

I have always scheduled and then canceled appts when feeling well, only to regret it.  Last weekend I ended up going to Urgent Care because of my heart fears, and they specifically told me that that is not the place to go for anxiety related issues.  Well, if it wasn't a Sunday, I wouldn't have gone there, but I was going to lose it if I didn't do something!

I think it just helps us to know we're not alone in this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sayfay73

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 12:14:21 PM »
I get those symptoms with sinus infections - could you be coming down with something?  Hope you feel better!
Bookmark and Share

Offline smmaho

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 07:27:50 PM »
I have woken up with a full blown cold however I have had these symptoms before so don't know if they are related
Bookmark and Share

Tags: