Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: mole fears again, tiny scabs on top of mole?  (Read 9921 times)

Offline sweetblubrry

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Content
    Content
    • Poke This Member
mole fears again, tiny scabs on top of mole?
« on: August 20, 2011, 06:37:54 PM »
I have a mole on my shoulder that has been there for awhile. I've been to the derm countless times and he's never said anything about it. He's taken off a ton of other things though. It is light and slighly raised. However today I noticed there seem to be tiny scabs the size of a pindrop or smaller) on parts of the mole and two that are even off the mole but right next to it. I'm worried that the mole is scabbing over and turning into melanoma. THe mole itself is still very light. Could I just have scratched myself? I was just at the derm June 20th and got the all clear. Though this wasn't there then....
Bookmark and Share
Struggled on and off since I was 13 (29 now) with health anxiety and OCD. No therapy. I accept my thoughts and deal with it as it comes.

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: mole fears again, tiny scabs on top of mole?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 07:45:44 PM »
I have been to the dermatologist and then a few weeks later noticed something and
made another appointment to be on the safe side. What you are describing does not sound
like Melanoma, but it may make you feel better to make an appointment with your dermatologist.
You may also have scratched yourself, so you could also keep an eye on it and see if it gets better.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline ms anxiety

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 09:54:18 PM »
sweets, the SAME exact thing happened to me. it was a mole i had for my whole life and i got those little scabs on it. the derm took it off and apparently it was some dry skin. (it was on the back of my shoulder.)

1. start putting some heavy thick cream on it and see if it gets better. 2. worst case scenario you go back to the derm and have him look at it and maybe have it removed for peace of mind. 

Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 12:17:04 AM »
Hey , I have mole fears too. I have a mole on my face that has a scabby/bumpy type of thing on it. My GP says it's fine, and that like any other skin on our body, moles too can get pimples, scabs, dry skin etc on them to.  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline sweetblubrry

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Content
    Content
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 12:18:46 AM »
I hAve had a LOT of dry skin lately but it's been white and flaky and on my lower arms. I use sunscreen a lot and that has been making it dry but haven't been using it on this particular spot bc it is covered. Why did you get little scabs bc it was dry? Did your derm explain? I know my derm has seen this mole plenty of times and he never says anything. And he is the type who takes like every little thing off. So confused :(
Bookmark and Share
Struggled on and off since I was 13 (29 now) with health anxiety and OCD. No therapy. I accept my thoughts and deal with it as it comes.

Offline ms anxiety

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 12:24:11 AM »
nope he never said- i was just told when the biopsy came back that it was dry skin that caused the little scabs.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: