Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: PVCS have been very bad causing me lots of anxiety  (Read 3155 times)

Offline tanya boston

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
PVCS have been very bad causing me lots of anxiety
« on: June 29, 2011, 09:34:23 PM »
Hi there, does anyone on here like my suffer from PVCS or any other heart arrhythmia? I have PVCS, PACS and SVT and have had this since I was 20 years old. I got my first PVC when I was pregnant with my daughter. Out of all these PVCS are the worse for me. I use to only have one every now and then but since May of last year they have become very frequent and its driving me crazy. I would get them every other beat for 12 hours straight, get a small break and then they would start again, the more I thought of them the worse they got and the more stressed I got the worse they got. I still got them even if I was feeling okay too. It took me a long time (years) to come to terms with these things and even now its a daily struggle. Mine mostly feel like a flutter that takes my breath away or a void, I can feel the pause in my chest like a catch in my heart beat, I also get strings of them (NSVT) I think the most was 24 in a row. I dont get that to often, its mostly singles or 2 or 3 in a row but I will get get the singles up to 30 something a minute when they are bad. Well I got into a good groove where I would only get them if I was upset or 2 excited or a week before my cycle and lasting until a week after my cycle. This month has been bad for me and I am losing my grip. They started up a week before my cycle and never left. I am having them everyday now and I am scared that they are never going to leave and let me tell you I can not handle them like this forever. I had an EP study where they were trying to do an ablation for the SVT in 2006 but they were not able to produce the SVT long enough to map it out so I was left with the option of medication (beta blockers) or just deal with it when it comes kind of thing. I hate this because its making my anxiety fly through the roof. You start with the what ifs?? What if something was missed, what if there really is a bad problem, what if the PVCS start and never stop and it really sucks the energy out of you. I have had all the heart test including a cardiac catherzation when I was 28 but I have had the echo and all that when I was 22 and again when I was 28, stress test, ekgs, holters, event monitors, the works and my heart was found to be structurally normal so they say the PVCS will not kill me but this hard to believe when they feel the way they do. I really am about to lose my cool and I do not want that to happen. Can anyone relate? If so how do you get through a bad bout of them? These things literally took my life away.. I would not even leave my bed, I was so depressed and I just knew I was dying. I still have a hard time with them but nothing like before and I do not want to go back there.. Help...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Itzomi

• Rec's: 12
  • PANIC DEVELOPMENT ENTHUSIAST
    • Poke This Member
Re: PVCS have been very bad causing me lots of anxiety
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 11:35:55 PM »
Hi Hon!

I had a bout of palps the other day, but I don't get them often.  I had just eaten, so something must have disagreed with me.  I get palps from a certain corn tortilla, and once after eating at a Chinese restaurant. 

I'd like to suggest 2 books to you - either one would be fine, whichever is cheapest on Amazon.  Both are by cardiologist Peter J. Steincrohn:

"Heart Worry and Its Cure: Three Chances Out of Four Your Heart Trouble is Imaginary"
"Your Heart is Stronger than You Think"

Gosh, one of those books (I just finished the first one and I'm currently reading the second) says how to re-set the heart to stop the palps.  One was to press on the vagus nerve, I think, and I forget what the other one was.  Maybe that is what HE did to the patients and not what the patients do for themselves.

Anyway, palps are "all bark and no bite" according to him. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Itzomi

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 11:46:25 PM »
Actually, I am really liking the 2nd book ("Your Heart is Stronger than You Think"), and I think I'd suggest that over the first one.  It's an oldie but a goodie!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Themozzer1

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 12:19:08 AM »
Hey,

Yeah I understand what you are going through Ive been in the ER with palps and made all the nurses and Dr.'s mad at me bcuz I kept telling them that I was dying and they kept saying Palps are nothing to worry about....

Its hard to swallow when you feel them all the time. Just last week I had them every single day. I started taking fish oil and ST. Johns wort I dunno if this is what has helped but now ive only experianced one or two a day (which is heaven sent) every day I worry that they will come and not go away for days at a time as they do but thankfully they havent yet.

I dont have any other technique I wish I knew how to ease them or the metal frustration that comes with them.

I hope you find something ASAP  that will help and good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline tanya boston

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 12:33:53 AM »
Thanks everyone, I actually had 3 back to back today.. Freaked me out:( I just want them to go away. It seems like as time goes on they just keep getting worse and worse. I hope they go away soon.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Itzomi

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 12:40:44 AM »
They probably get worse and worse as you worry about them more and more.  It's a vicious cycle. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline tanya boston

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 01:17:19 AM »
Yep unfortunately I know that is true all to well, I have had them since I was 20 years old but it does seem the older I get the more frequent they become, I get the in cycles now and the worse bouts are a week before my period. I use to get maybe one or 2 a months and now not a day goes by when I dont have them but yeah the more you worry about them the more you get.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Troubled_mind

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 12:51:57 PM »
Trouble is they are hugely common with anxiety issues. Then when we get them it triples our anxiety. It's a horrible never ending cycle sometimes.  :sick0002:
Bookmark and Share
I'm 12 years into a anxiety prison sentence, will I ever get parole?

Offline tanya boston

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 06:37:19 PM »
Yes I have heard this but my cardio told me that palpation's are common with anxiety not PVCS pr PACS or any other kind of arrhythmia. He told me that having anxiety causes increase in heart rate and people are then aware of the heart beat.  Once I got a good understanding about how PVCS happen they became a little less scary but when they are bad that kind of goes out of the window. I had PVCS before i had bad anxiety, he told me that anxiety causes increase in adrenaline which causes increase in heart rate which of course causes more PVCS because it irreates the cells in your heart that mis fire. He tells me that anxiety does not cause PVCS but it makes them worse but to me its pretty much means the same?? I mean I understand what he is saying but one can say my pvcs are bad right now because my anxiety is bad... For me though my PVCS are much much worse when my heart rate falls below 65 and when my heart rate is up dont really feel them unless my heart rate goes above 130, then it seems to trigger my SVT and causes a whole lot of fluttering feelings:)
Bookmark and Share

Offline ashcrash85

• Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Sick
    Sick
  • Bazinga!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 12:32:26 AM »
Some docs think anxiety doesnt cause anxiety some think it does. What they think doesn't matter a darn bit. What's important is that these aren't dangerous in someone with a structurally and electrically normal heart.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: