Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: petechiae on feet and legs. I'm probably dying.  (Read 24171 times)

Offline modestaustin811

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • blah
    • Poke This Member
petechiae on feet and legs. I'm probably dying.
« on: June 21, 2011, 01:12:31 PM »
Soooo yet another thing to worry about,  :traurig001:

I have a petechiae rash on the tops of both my feet, up my ankle and a few scattered on both legs. I went to the doctor, got a blood test, I'll be waiting for the results for the next couple days.

I think this is it, I think I'm finally screwed. Why would I just get a random petechiae rash on my feet and legs? It makes no sense and It has to be something serious right?

The only thing i can think of that ive done different is On thursday I went to the beach with some friends and wore shorts and was out in the sun for awhile, I got a sun burn on both my feet and my legs, not bad at all mind you, but a sunburn nonetheless.

I honestly always wear socks, never wear shorts, so my feet and legs rarely see the sun, so maybe its some kind of reaction? like the sunburn caused me to bleed under the skin a bit? I'm a pale dude, I don't tan at all.

UGGHH. Anyone else dealt with petechiae before? Leukemia is constantly on my mind, I've had like 4 blood tests in the last 3 months, no buddy has called me back but I don't know. This is messed.
Bookmark and Share
I'm not on any medication, not seeing a therapist, and I hate life.

Offline janehathaway

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Re: petechiae on feet and legs. I'm probably dying.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 02:26:37 PM »
Did your doctor say they were petechiae?  I was convinced I had them (and leukemia) a few months ago.  They weren't petechiae at all.

However, if yours are, I'm pretty sure that a sunburn can cause them.  That's probably what it is.

Also, I would think that your recent bloodwork would have shown something if you had something serious going on.

Bookmark and Share

Offline modestaustin811

Exhausted
  • blah
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 02:32:21 PM »
yeah he confirmed that they were petechiae. I tried to look up if a sunburn could cause them but no luck.
 :sick0002: :sick0002:

scary stuff. Guess I have to wait out..
Bookmark and Share

Offline Wornoutworrier

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 02:41:31 PM »
Just a note that whenever I have my feet in the sand at the beach I develop red spots all over the tops of them.  I thought maybe it was sand fleas but it doesn't itch.  It usually goes away within a day or two after I stop being around sand.  It's happened every time I've gone to Myrtle Beach. Maybe it's an allergic reaction. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline gecko

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 03:20:45 PM »
Have you been drinking tonic water? Or eating anything you don't usually eat? Suncream? New showergel? I've had random patches of petechiae before. Usually after scratching. And after sun.
Bookmark and Share

Offline modestaustin811

Exhausted
  • blah
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 04:00:01 PM »
I have been drinking a lot of gin and tonic lately.. Can that really cause petechiae though? hahaah

I don't know. There is so many scary things that cause this it just freaks me out a bunch. I'll call my doctors office tomorrow and see if they got the results  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline SoonerRyan

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 04:30:10 PM »
I don't really know anything about your issue, but it sounds like you might have a bad case of hypochondria. 

Something weird happens so you assume the worst case scenario.   I've done that and it turned out to be nothing.  No point in worrying about it. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mew Face

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 04:45:23 PM »
Back in mid February I had what I can only assume was petechiae on my thighs up to my chest and down my arms to the elbows.  I noticed them after I was taking a shower.  I was using my normal bodywash and scrub but decided to change em out just in case.  1 week later the red dots were all gone.  My last blood work from earlier this month showed my blood count was normal along with platelets.  Maybe you should try showering with a little cooler water or change out your bodywash/scrub just in case.  Seemed to work for me. 

Just to compare my dots were very small red pin sized dots and were very close to each other.  They weren't raised and didn't hurt either.  When I pushed on them they didn't go away.  I was worried about them but never went to the doctor as I had nothing else wrong at the time.  Hope this helps.
Bookmark and Share

Offline gecko

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 04:50:45 PM »
Yes, quinine in tonic water can cause these dots. I started drinking lots of it as it's meant to be good at stopping twitching. Some people are sensitive to quinine. I got the dots and the bad stomach. I am also very pale and bruise easily anyway. I think blood thinning foods, sun, chemicals and hot water cause my dots. Though since I gave up tonic water I haven't had any.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tanya boston

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 12:58:52 AM »
Hi there, I have posted about these also. I have been dealing with these since April 25th. I am also getting splinter haemorrhage's under my nails. I have had blood work 4 times since then and everything is normal including blood cultures and an echo (they were looking for infection of the heart). No one knows why I am getting these. I also get them my blood pressure is taken but thats been the case for a few years now. I just never had them appear at random like they have been now. I too am very scared but thankful that they are ruling out some serious things. Please keep us posted on what they find because I am very curious about this as I too am going through the same thing. My platlets have been normal since this always in 300's. Its so frustrating, I have been having some really strange symptoms since this has started and I am going broke for running to the doctor every other day with something new to share. No one really seems concerned either.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: