Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Articles   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Worried About Weird Stomach Sensation  (Read 14611 times)

Offline skyisblue

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Worried About Weird Stomach Sensation
« on: June 09, 2011, 11:39:22 AM »
hi, for the past few days, i think i've improved at handling my HA. however, just yesterday afternoon, a new symptom came up. :(

i ate lunch at around 1pm then at about 4:30pm, my stomach area started to have this dull sensation which was something similar to dyspepsia/indigestion. it was like i was hungry but i'm sure i wasn't. it's like there's something being melted inside or as if it's bubbly. i really don't know how to explain the feeling. it's not really painful, it just feels uncomfortable. it persisted throughout the night.

also, my cheeks felt bloated and during that night especially when i walked, i kept on burping, burping, and burping.

i had omeprazole for my stomach acidity earlier that day because the doctor gave me that meds for my diarrhea which came up 2 weeks ago.

right now, after more than 24 hours, i still have the weird dyspepsia-like sensation in my tummy. again, it's not painful just uncomfortable and mindboggling especially i still have HA. i woke up today feeling better and the sensation returned during lunchtime. during the late afternoon and early evening, the sensation was almost gone. after eating dinner tonight, the sensation returned and throughout the night while i was walking, i kept on burping again. my cheeks do not feel bloated that much already. by the way, i didn't take my omperazole for today thinking it could be a side effect or something but unfortunately, i still have this weird sensation.

has anybody felt like this before? i'm just worried because it has been here for more than 24 hours... :(

PS
my stool exam 2 weeks ago came out all normal, just to let you know.

i don't think i have any other symptoms. no severe pain, no vomiting, etc.
Bookmark and Share

Offline skyisblue

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried About Weird Stomach Sensation
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 09:10:46 PM »
Bump. Anyone, please?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chicubs1978

• Rec's: 4
  • Better living through pharmacological intervention
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 11:22:38 PM »
As someone that has been suffering from stomach issues and was diagnosed with gastritis and an ulcer (via EGD) it sounds like either indigestion or gas...or both.  I'd advise taking the omeprazole every morning regardless how you feel and avoid spicy and fatty foods for a few days.  Also take a few tums every night before bed (I'm also an RN so I have some idea what I'm talking about).  If you're not back to normal in a week or your symptoms worsen give your doctor a call.  It doesn't sound worrisome to me.
Bookmark and Share
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Perfectly_Imperfect

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 09:25:18 AM »
I agree with ChiCubs, it sounds like acid reflux or GERD. I too had bouts of Gastritis and excess stomach acid and I take the omerprazole every day (over 2 year nows) and my stomach issues, IF I have an issue, is minimal.
You can buy this OTC so I would try it, it does take about 5-7 days for it to really work so stick with it at least that long if not longer and like Chi said, if no improvement, go back to the dr.
Bookmark and Share
Life's a dance you learn as you go...

Offline skyisblue

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 11:47:50 AM »
Thank you for the inputs!

Since it started I noticed that the weird sensation usually comes back an hour or so after I have eaten.  :sprachlos020:

I had a slightly heavy dinner tonight, and thankfully, the weird sensation didn't return for at least now. :) Well, my pain does feel a little bit heavy and achy since it is quite full.  :laugh3:

I hope whatever this sensation is, it won't be too serious and won't return much often...
Bookmark and Share

Offline AOKAY

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 01:43:11 PM »
Having been diagnosed with gastritis on two separate occasions by two separate endoscopies 6 years apart, I know a little about weird stomach sensations.

Personally, I am not a huge fan of omeprazole (or its prescription cousin proton pump inhibitors, Nexium, Aciphex. Protonix, Prevacid).  Did nothing for me.  And the fact that it takes a week to kick-in is a real turnoff.  I like instant relief.

I use Pepcid Complete, which combines two old fashioned antacids, calcium carbonate and magnesium hydroxide, with the formerly prescription acid reducer, famotidine.  Of course, if you don't want to buy the brand name, those 3 ingredients are available individually over the counter.  Having it all in one chewable tablet just makes it more convenient.  And, yes, you can take this while you are taking the omeprazole.

Once your symptoms subside enough that you are not obsessing about them they are likely to go away completely.
Bookmark and Share

Offline skyisblue

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 08:49:29 PM »
Hi AOKAY,

okay i will continue my meds. :)

i was just wondering, as i was browsing to similar forums, i came across with people experiencing almost the exact symptoms i have: feeling of fullness, lots of burping, etc. and their doctors ruled out anxiety.

is it really possible that anxiety can cause digestive issues like mine? well, i've been worrying a lot for about 3 weeks already because my HA came back...
Bookmark and Share

Offline skyisblue

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 01:38:54 AM »
Whoa, I just remembered something.

The day this weird sensation started was an hour or so after I got a steroid shot on my face for acne. I really do not know if that make sense but I read that somewhere steroids can cause gastric acid.

My dermatologist gave me oral steroid tablets (hydrocortisone) for the continued treatment of my acne. So from that night on I am on oral steroids. Tomorrow shall be my last day. Again, I've been readning somewhere that steroid tablets can give dyspepsia/indigestion.

Also, as I said in my previous post, I had a heavy dinner last night at around 7:30pm. I felt completely fine that time. The weird feeling did not return  yet. At around 11:30, I took the steroid tablet then at around 12:30, my tummy started to feel funny again and I started bupring again!

Could it be coincidence? Plus, I'm still a bit worried...
Bookmark and Share

Offline burgundyplace

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 11:00:08 AM »
sky, i've read that steroids can cause gastrointestinal disturbances.

i don't know if that is true.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: