Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Missed 2mg of my 6 mg valium...  (Read 2219 times)

Offline MissJo

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Missed 2mg of my 6 mg valium...
« on: June 06, 2011, 11:54:22 AM »
Totally fell asleep and didnt take 2mg of my valium...I take 6 mg daily...  Yep...felt like crap alll day bad.....so theres  benzos long term for ya...   :sprachlos020:      I have been on a benzo since 1998 !!!!   
Bookmark and Share
Not sure if I really have anxiety or benzoinduced anxiety ???

Offline Irishmanwrites

• Rec's: 26
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Missed 2mg of my 6 mg valium...
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 01:04:15 PM »
Hi Miss Jo,

You always put a smile on my face!

1998 is a long time on a benzo!

I would argue that what you felt today was your mind playing tricks on you, but you don't want to hear that!
Bookmark and Share
The principal Irish poster on AZ

Offline MissJo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 07:16:35 PM »
Yep... I will argue that  :dazed:    Seriously....    after being on one that long it catches up ..   Used to I would not even have to think of when to take my meds....   now I get bad TMJ and bad neck pain...  like seveer muscle pain..and my RT eye goes fuzzy...   take some valium.... goes away.   also all went away the year I was off the valium  :yes:   Trust me...I know my body well ..too well   :sprachlos020:
Bookmark and Share

Offline gcalex

• Rec's: 46
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 09:04:21 PM »
I was on klonopin three times daily for many years, and I would definitely get a characteristic feeling when I missed a dose. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rik

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 09:56:49 PM »
Both valium and Klonopin are long half life drugs. If you notice symptoms with a sizeable missed dose that means that you are at tolerance to that dose. Some people build tolerance and others not as much - it is all based on genetics.

The problem is that if we are tolerance builders we can have withdrawal symptoms while on a steady dose. For some that can happen in months and others it can take decades.
Bookmark and Share
I have had severe anxiety - recovered 100% several times (for many years) and then stress put me back again. Anxiety drugs made me much worse so I have to do it all natural.

Offline MissJo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 11:53:57 PM »
I do have constant w/d symptoms at this steady dose...mostly when its time to dose....   TMJ and dizziness..    Dr wants me to up it to 10 mg or 15  :spineyes:    I have been better since just going up to 6mg from 2.5....    I keep taking my dose later and later...  and I am not having as much anxiety as  I used to after using the progesterone.   I really doent have super bad anxiety like alot here have...  I can get up every morning and go and do..  just have to get past this fear of driving real far.. thats when my last huge panic attack happened...when I stopped the progesterone.. so it was like a c/t of a benzo :sprachlos020:    BAD !!  Traumatized majorly  :dazed:    I know xanax works waaaay better... but the half life and how hard it binds to the receptor is why i havent went back on.    Who knows...I may have to use it again to get past all of this then cross again to valium .... ???? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Irishmanwrites

• Rec's: 26
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 03:49:40 PM »
Miss Jo, you would be a super interesting case study!

I wonder can you tell us more about your year off Valium? Why did it come about and how well were you.

The answer to your meds issue now might lie in this year..
Bookmark and Share
The principal Irish poster on AZ

Offline MissJo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 08:45:44 PM »
Long story. I was having issues for so long on xanax after being on it same dose 7 years.  I had never had anxiety or a panic attack until being puton it by a dr tthat said I was stressed... had some very slight dizziness and focus issue in college..  I was 30 and had my tubes tied 2 years prior and drank alot of wine overthe summer b4 college at dentalschool started...   any how...  In 2005 when I tied effexor at work by noon I couldnt stand up... had to go to ER with very HBP.. thats when my TRUE aniety began!   so took off work...  another fine dr gave me a full hysterectomy..well that made me worse..  so tried several attempts to wean off xanax...horrid experience... and was off for like maybe 6 months but had excruciating anxiety...and felt so ill... so back on xanax I went. I felt fine then as ong as I kept taking it all day... up to about .75 to 1mg on the 2 days a week I worked.  Days of I took like .5o mg.   well..I finaly came to the conclusion it was the benzos... sofound benzo forum... did an 18 month slow taper off of 10 mg valium.  I felt pretty well after I was off.  My only symptoms were if I over did thins I would get tired easy and dizzy...say like work out too hard...  I went to Vegas at 3 months off..I wanted to go and se and do everything!! My husband said he couldnt keep up with me !! I was dizzy some like on escalators...  like my equilibrium still was off. I started volunteering at dental clinic to get back inthe groove..   I coulld drive wherever...and go wherever...   I had very slight anxiety.....   very slight...   at 6 months mydr said my bp was high and I still had some anxiet so ue progesterone....  thats what threw the wrench in for me..   I went bonkers :sprachlos020:   
Bookmark and Share

Offline gcalex

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 11:06:57 PM »
When you previously weaned off benzos did you consider going on an antidepressant or some other class of medication instead of going back on a benzo again?  The general wisdom, certainly verified by my personal experience, is that benzodiazapenes are not intended for long term or permanent use because of tolerance, addiction and withdrawal issues. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline MissJo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 11:32:47 PM »
Well I was waiting for my brain to get better per Heather Ashton...  For my gaba receptors to be re regulated....  so No...   wasn thinking of an ssri.... I wasnt that bad off....   or not like I am now  :spineyes:    I had no choice but to use a benzo..  Usng progesterone was like using a benzo again... it hit the same receptors...so when I stopped the prog. it was like a cold turkey from a benzo... I was soooooooooooooo sick  :goofy:  I swore I was going to die.... I waited a month b4 taking a valium... it wa the LAST thing I wanted to put back in my body !!!! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline MissJo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 11:37:26 PM »
I could literally choke that dr of mine for putting me on xanax....daily...for stress she said...  i didnt have anxiety..   I was just tooting along in life... just had a little very slight dizziness...and HBP....  I probably had too much to drink over the summer !! I didnt have any fears or anxiouness or nervousness whatsoever...  so stupid dr said its so safe.. my Grandma takes it...well fine...let her take it then !   She doesnt have 3 kids and a job !!  :angry-smiley-034:
Bookmark and Share

Offline gcalex

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 08:04:36 AM »
I wish you luck as you move forward.  I have been there on benzos and I empathize.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MissJo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 09:31:15 AM »
Thanks Gcalex....  I am just a sitting duck for now....   waiting to seewhat move I am goingto make....  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline MissJo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 11:09:24 PM »
If what I am feeling int benzo tolerance or withdrawal then just what is it ???   :traurig001:    Freaking horrid !!! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline gcalex

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 11:23:12 PM »
On benzos I found it very hard to distinguish between withdrawal, side effects, and just underlying anxiety.  Unfortunately the picture probably only becomes clear once you have withdrawn and are off for a while. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: