Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: what do your intestinal cramps/spasms feel like?  (Read 3607 times)

Offline ashcrash85

• Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Sick
    Sick
  • Bazinga!
    • Poke This Member
what do your intestinal cramps/spasms feel like?
« on: May 21, 2011, 04:20:52 PM »
Im not officially dxd with IBS but I highly suspect.

This morning I woke up and a few minutes later had a deep pain, not awful but not pleasant. It went away in a few seconds. I got up and was getting ready for the day. Sat down, ate some cereal. About 15 minutes later I got the strong urge to eliminate plus that knowing of cramps building up. By the time i get to the bathroom, its getting pretty strong. And I'm able to go a little.

But these spasms, they are so bad. It feels deep like something is clamping down on my organs. I feel like i may pass out and breathing becomes funny.

By this time, I feel like I need to go or finish, but I can't nothing else will come out. So I sit until the worst of the pain passes. I got up and noticed I look 6-7 months pregnant I'm so bloated. I went and.rocked in my rocking chair and it helped a bit, but ultimately, I ended up coming to lay down. This is where I've found relief.

Does this sound like anyone else's episodes?
Bookmark and Share

Offline janaboo

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: what do your intestinal cramps/spasms feel like?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 05:51:26 PM »
I can definitely relate with the extreme pain that comes with the cramping.  I've kind of learned "when" it's time to use the restroom. I can get a bout of cramping and know that if I were to go to the restroom to try to relieve the pain, it wouldn't have worked it's way down yet.  It has to get to that point where I'm unsure of whether I'm going to vomit, pass out or break out into a cold sweat.  At that point, usually it I have a bout or two of diarrea and it relieves the pain.  Sometimes it takes two or three runs to the bathroom.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Perfectly_Imperfect

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: what do your intestinal cramps/spasms feel like?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 06:02:52 PM »
Def doesn't sound normal(ish) - I get bloated but not to where I look 6-7 months pregnant, mine is more like a small balloon in my abdomen but it eventually goes away with exercise or water or fennel tea. I don't really get the spasms/cramps with my IBS. If they are this severe this is something you need to see your dr. about
Bookmark and Share
Life's a dance you learn as you go...

Tags: