Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Left eye feels funny  (Read 4057 times)

Offline jeb1125

• Rec's: 0
  • I can do this
    • Poke This Member
Left eye feels funny
« on: April 21, 2011, 09:22:14 AM »
Ok first post!

Last Wed 4/13/11 the left side of my face all of a sudden became very tingly. I became very panicked, took a xanax and everything went away.  I never had any speech, vision or motor problems.  The next day my left eyelid still felt tingly so I went to the Dr to make sure everything was ok.  I told her what had happened and she did a neurological exam in the office and said I was fine that I didn't have a stroke. 

Over the next few days the tingles in my face moved around, sometimes they were on the left side, sometimes on my chin, sometimes on my right side. Then yesterday I had pins and needles in my left arm and leg and my left eye feels funny.  My eye is not drooping, it's not numb or tingly but it doesn't feel right.  It almost feel like my eyelid has something on it and no matter how many times I try to rub it, it still feels like something is there. 

Could this have been a mini stroke? I don't want to go back to the Dr b/c that is my ritual (I have OCD as well).  I've been trying to talk myself down and I just can't.  I have had health anxiety for as long as I remember.  Ususally about my heart and I'm no stranger to anxiety pains.  I would frequently get chest and upper back pains and even weird feeling in my left arm.  Just wondering what this could be.

I would also like to add that I ended up getting a migraine on Sat but I also get those.  I also seemed to either have a cold or allergies and that is when my eye started to bother me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: Left eye feels funny
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 12:58:45 PM »
anxiety causes the tingly that you describe.  Migraines can also cause odd sensations.

what you are describing doesn't sound like a stroke to me.  Doc said you didn't either.  I'd trust the doc over me.  lol
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: