Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: 34 weeks pregnant and just took my first zoloft pill and TERRIFIED  (Read 3567 times)

Offline meganh1984

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I am a 26 year old female and currently 34 weeks pregnant. I have had SEVERE health anxiety since the birth of my daughter four years ago. It started with dizziness the day after having her and its just escalated since then. I have had every medical test known to man, except I havent had a mri since 2007 so Im freaking to get another one in case somethings changed! I literally have not had one good day since shes been born bc of this health anxiety. I am not able to be the Mom I want to be and do the things I want to do cause of it. And this pregnancy has been horrible bc of it. Havent had any complications really do to pregnancy, just anemic but I feel physically horrible. I am dizzy and lightheaded ALL the time and my vision is so screwed up too, with tons of spots/floaters, flashes of light, etc. I dont have high blood pressure or anyting except obviously when Im panicked which is pretty much ALL the time, but its not high cause of the pregnancy. Im obsessed with taking my blood pressure also. I wake every morning in a panic and feel like Im gonna pass out which throws me over the edge. I have been told this whole pregnancy by 4 different doctors that I really need to take the zoloft and Im absolutely terrified, but I am not getting any better and worry about how Im gonna handle 2 children and just life in general after the birth bc Im barely functioning now. I have no motivation to do anything. Im due in 6 weeks and I havent started the nursery or anything. The house stays a mess constantly, dont do laundry, dont clean, dont cook, etc. My husband who works all day has to come home and do it all, so I know hes fed up. He has absolutely no sympathy for how horrible I feel bc he says he knows its anxiety and I dont do anything to try and fix it. I barely leave the house. HATE going anywhere by myself or dont like driving either. But anyways, I just took a 25mg of zoloft and cut it in half and took that and of course Im already freaking. I feel so guilty for having to take it and what it could do to the baby. I HATE the fact I even need it and cant get myself together on my own. Im still not even convinced with how horrible I feel  that its being caused by anxiety so I guess well see. Anyone taken this stupid little green pill while pregnant(or not pregnant) and have anything positive to say? I just dont know what else to do anymore, its gotten SO frustrating. I did get a massage yesterday which took everything I had before the appt to even go and did feel not as dizzy afterwards.   :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: 34 weeks pregnant and just took my first zoloft pill and TERRIFIED
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 06:29:31 PM »
I'm so sorry your going thru this while prego!  :( But please--- read my past posts, i joined this forum when i was about 32 weeks pregnant, and I also started taking zoloft while pregnant. While I didnt' want to have to take anything while pregnant, zoloft was considered safest. I took 100 mg thru out the whole pregnancy and my baby is perfect, came out at 8lbs, 10oz...and healthy and advanced.

omg, i didnt' enjoy ANY of my pregnancy because of my anxiety, between worrying about miscarriages, what if my baby comes out sick, etc etc.... Plus to top it off....the physical symptoms of anxiety kicked right in after stressing out like that...now still, even after the baby 11 weeks ago,,,i twitch, tingle, ache every day all day!!!! im so stressed out with this.

But please, please take it easy, my opinion is to take the zoloft and make the best of your pregnancy!!
Bookmark and Share

Online sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 223
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 06:31:25 PM »
oh hon,

listen--zoloft is SAFE of pregnancy and nursing.  I took it while nursing my youngest.  Please give yourself a break.  Allow yourself to do this for yourself.  Please don't allow anxiety to take one more second of your life.  You DON'T have to feel this way.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline meganh1984

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 06:34:04 PM »
Thanks NayNay! I feel so sorry for you to be going through all the crap u are too. I definately feel your pain. You sound exactly like me with the not being convinced the twitching and everything is just anxiety, and not MS or something terrible. Im the exact same way. Did you feel the zoloft helped you not feel as panicked? Like do you feel anything positive has come out of taking it? Right now I feel the baby moving and its making me cry thinking about I just put the zoloft in my system. UHHHH! I just want to feel normal and be able to do normal things like everyone else does! Are you still taking zoloft? Im SO scared of the weird horrible side effects!
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 06:34:59 PM »
AND, i just want to add, that I too had vision issues when prego, and yup--you guessed it ...it was from anxiety/stress... the floaters/spots... and i even had a slight disruption in my retina (which is ok, nothing life threatening) but thats all from anxiety/worrying/stress when i was prego.
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 06:37:33 PM »
Thanks NayNay! I feel so sorry for you to be going through all the crap u are too. I definately feel your pain. You sound exactly like me with the not being convinced the twitching and everything is just anxiety, and not MS or something terrible. Im the exact same way. Did you feel the zoloft helped you not feel as panicked? Like do you feel anything positive has come out of taking it? Right now I feel the baby moving and its making me cry thinking about I just put the zoloft in my system. UHHHH! I just want to feel normal and be able to do normal things like everyone else does! Are you still taking zoloft? Im SO scared of the weird horrible side effects!

The baby moving around right now is actually a great sign that it's healthy and happy! or possibly hungry lol  :laugh3:
Well, paxil did much better for me...but i couldnt' take that while pregnant, so thats why I was on the zoloft. I had NO bad effects from it AT ALL. I have however decided to go back to paxil now that ive had the baby....only because i feel better on that then zoloft, but everyone is different.
Bookmark and Share

Offline grateful

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 09:10:30 PM »
Girl I feel ya! My baby is 4 months now and I had an awful time all throughout my pregnancy. I physically did not feel well but on top of that I swore I had ALS and wouldn't even get to spend more than a year with my sweet little baby. Needless to say I didn't enjoy any of my pregnancy.
I was on Zoloft for 6 weeks before I found out I was pg. It did work really well but I quit when I found out I was pg. I wish I would have stayed on it so that I could have enjoyed the pregnancy. I honestly felt better day 1 on zoloft. Be well hun you have a lot to look forward too and zoloft is safe while pregnant especially since your bb is already fully developed.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: