Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: anxiety after eating. heart pounding beating fast  (Read 25098 times)

Offline ashcrash85

• Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Sick
    Sick
  • Bazinga!
    • Poke This Member
anxiety after eating. heart pounding beating fast
« on: March 03, 2011, 07:33:48 PM »
this scares me so bad. about 5-10 min after I finish a meal my heart starts to race and pound. it started out of nowhere a few weeks ago. I guess you could say I'm afraid to eat now because I'm afraid it'll happen again and of course every time it does.

I can see my heart beat in my chest, like it moves my shirt its pounding that hard.

this is really scaring me HELP
Bookmark and Share

Offline hypomom

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: anxiety after eating. heart pounding beating fast
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 08:02:18 PM »
My heart races and pounds a lot too. Not sure about anything that would cause it to do it after eating, other than the famous stress that is. Oh, i did see once you can have that with acid reflux. And mine pounds so hard i can see it moving my shirt too. I've had an ekg and wore a 24 hour monitor and nothing was wrong... just stress. Sorry this is happening to you. I think i'd let my doctor know about this if it continues but maybe try an antacid and see if that helps?
Bookmark and Share

Offline benefit

• Rec's: 5
  • Silence without mental violence.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 08:27:03 PM »
YES! this happens to me too! i looked it up before (because im not really a heart-worrier) and its totally normal! no worries
Bookmark and Share

Offline ashcrash85

• Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Sick
    Sick
  • Bazinga!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 08:32:25 PM »
thanks hypo- I've pretty much come to the conclusion that my ectopics are nothing. I've had them for 11 yrs and My EKGs show no damage. but since not worrying about that its seems my mind now fixates on how fast and hard it beats nw. its truly frustrating.

oh benefit!!! I am SO SO SO happy to see someone else.say they have this after eating. that really calm me down. its still pounding away but I'm sure focusing on it and fretting didn't help the situation at all.
Bookmark and Share

Offline benefit

• Rec's: 5
  • Silence without mental violence.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 08:36:16 PM »
sometimes i even feel my heart skip a beat after i eat... but since im not a heart-worrier, i dont care much. it seriously happens all the time
Bookmark and Share

Offline idreamofskiba

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 09:07:39 PM »
I've been wanting to make a post about the same thing.

It is normal for the heart rate to increase after eating, but mine goes crazy (up to 150 bpm) sometimes, especially after a big, heavy meal.  How high does yours get?  It's very scary, and I'm also afraid to eat sometimes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline SadDucky

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 03:24:33 AM »
I just ate a big burger and it immediately made me feel all bloated. My chest started hurting and my heart was racing and pounding so hard. I got my stethascope out and listened to my heart and ya it was beating hard and fast BUT it still had its normal sound. Nothing was skipping just fast and hard. Then I put the stethascope where the pain was and all I could hear was gurgle and bubbles which was even more reassuring.

I was on the verge of a panic attack then I thought back to this post and I took a few deep breaths. Listening to my heart helped. It slowed down significantly when I took slow deep breaths.

Just wanted you to know there is someone else out there feeling it too
Bookmark and Share

Offline chillinit

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 01:50:57 PM »
This happens to me too.  I have searched all over the place looking for a reason.  I've gone to the ER twice after having it so bad that I thought my heart was skipping beats and was loosing feeling in my legs and getting light headed.  I was also getting muscle twitches, heart palpitations, heart flutters, joint aching, constipation, shortness of breath and anxiety.  THEY TOLD ME IT WAS JUST ANXIETY.  It seems to be doctors answers for things that they can't see in an xray or blood test.  Though after much research I have narrowed it down to a few things. 

After I narrowed it down to everything happening after i eat, I began to experiment.  I have noticed that I feel much better when I cut out all things that hurt my stomach.  I also tried going on a gluten free diet.  This actually helped a lot.  Also if I eat things like Califlower, turnips, cabbage, brussle sprouts, or rudabegas, I have very bad attacks. 

The fact that those things give me palpitations, anxiety, and joint aches makes me think it is due to hypertyroidism, because I have read that those foods can send you into a thyroid storm. 

The other option is that it is Ulcers.  This can also give you the same symptoms as thyroid, and after a month of not eating wheat and only eating small amounts I do feel a lot better.  It is still not totally gone but it is sooo much better.  I can actually sleep now.

A wheat alergy is also another option with the same symptoms. 

Well I hope this helps.  If anyone has any questions just ask.

Good Luck,

Robert   
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mew Face

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 02:50:36 PM »
Heh you beat me to it. I was gonna write out a topic on anxiety and eating later and sure enough here one is on the first page.

I usually get a rapid heartbeat during my breakfast and dinner meals.  not so much my lunch which I find odd.  Breakfast is the worst because it worries me so bad I get sick to my stomach from worry and stop eating then I go through the day with a half full stomach  :sick0002:

Along with the super rapid heartbeat I also get chest pains.  Also after I eat I have to stay sitting down for a good 10-15 minutes.  If I stand up right away after eating I feel this terrible rush throughout my body and my heart just beats even faster.  I've also gotten to the point of worrying over eating at times  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline hamburg58

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 11:52:13 PM »
Did some research on this after experiencing it enough. A doctor told me regardless, when you eat something it takes a good bit of energy to digest it. I used to get cold after I ate a meal and it freaked me out. And i noticed how my BP was up and my heart was racing and after about 35 minutes it was gone... That was how long it took for the food to get from the stomach to the small intestine.

When food enters your stomach blood rushes from other parts of the body to give the stomach energy to process the food. It's like sticking a treadmill in your gut! But you don't notice these things all the time. But sometimes you do. I know I do. Even though there may still be food in your stomach after 35 minutes, the hard work is over and your BP and heart rate should go back down, that is if you aren't worrying about it :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sugarpeeps

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 10:12:31 AM »
Hello, I too get this quite often.  I also get chest pains after I have eaten sometimes.  I haven't done anything to try to investigate either symptoms, I just wanted you to know that it happens to me as well.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: