Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Swollen armpit, PLEASE HELP!  (Read 5562 times)

Offline Glazed

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Swollen armpit, PLEASE HELP!
« on: February 22, 2011, 12:25:56 AM »
hey guys...

so i have this weird feeling in my right armpit, almost like it's swollen or something... basically, i can just feel this constant weird pressure as if there were a lump in my armpit... but try as i might, i can't find anything that feels like a swollen gland, or anything that is swollen or lump-like at all. this feeling comes and goes, and lasts usually for a couple of days, intermittently. no lymphoma symptoms or anything like that either.

i drink alcohol fairly regularly and smoke a cigarette once every few days, if that could in some way be relevant. i've been to the doctor and voiced my concerns about lymphoma, but after blood work and multiple check ups, he said i seem to be in great health. i haven't been back to see him since i started having these weird armpit feelings though.

please help, any words of advice or solace are much appreciated!

glazed
Bookmark and Share

Offline floridaguy65

• Rec's: 175
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Swollen armpit, PLEASE HELP!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 10:06:55 AM »
Hi G:) Here's the most important part of your post, IMHO:)

You said, "i've been to the doctor and voiced my concerns about lymphoma, but after blood work and multiple check ups, he said i seem to be in great health."

There's not much room for faulty logic to come into play when a Doc says you're in GREAT health!:) He didn't say "OK" health...or maybe you should keep an eye on this or that, etc. Great health is just that...Great health!:) When we have HA, even the most concrete confirmations about our overall health can fall to the wayside when we have an uptick in our anxiety. It's what HA does...and it does it WELL!:)

What do you do for your overall anxiety? What do you practice?

As far as smoking, you don't seem to do it that much in the first place, so why don't you just quit, completely?:) You even asked if your current concern might have something to do with smoking (and drinking). So having HA, and habits that make you think about if they might be detrimental to your overall health, might not be the best combination, IMHO:)

For me, lasting solace has come when I don't rush to the Doc for every new ache and pain and "perceived" change in my body. After I have an "all clear" from the Doc, then there is little reason for my to be seeking reassurances time and time again. But, I do know that this is a major core issue with HA...the need to seek out assurances at a much higher degree than the general population. I do gain some strength from realizing that I would be long gone off this Earth, if my health concerns from the past had come true. I was 100% certain I had a serious heart ailment when I was 21-22 yrs old....I'm now 45:) And still rockin':)

Peace and Feel Well:)
Bookmark and Share

Offline mdbhoy1888

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 12:43:21 PM »
If there was lymphoma in your armpit, you would have a large, hard lump. A boy had hodgkin's lymphoma, his lymph node was originally 2.5cm (pretty big). After 10 months it was 14 CM !! Really most lymphoma's dont hide, a lymphoma in your armpit definitely wouldn't hide!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Glazed

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 03:09:13 PM »
thanks so much for your reassurances, guys. i really needed that. all the points y'all made are extremely valid, and i would be able to find the lymphoma at this point i think, because it's been at least a month since the armpit sensation came around.

thanks again, i really REALLY appreciate it!
 :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: