Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Self-Treatment for Pure O' OCD Sufferers  (Read 28717 times)

Offline atran

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Self-Treatment for Pure O' OCD Sufferers
« on: February 18, 2011, 02:15:45 PM »
Note: This is written particularly for Pure O' OCD sufferers. The technique and knowledge presented below if used properly can be dealt with a wide range degree of disorder's intensity. This paper may also contribute to treating other forms of OCD.

One who has been suffering for an extensive period of time has mislaid one's prior sane mental condition. One is trapped and surrounded by one's mental obsessive condition. One may get rid of one obsession, but sooner or later another obsession follows; since one is still trapped in one's mental obsessive condition, performing compulsive rituals or excessively ruminating is not a valid solution.

One must be able to alter one's mental condition in order to get free from one's obsessive mental condition; since excessive rumination is not a solution, therefore reasoning alone is not a solution either. One may find oneself in a heavy battle; a battle between reason and chaos. One may generate a huge set of reasons for resolving only one obsession, which in turn generates a new anxious problem for one to solve; one thereby becomes exhausted and feels that one's obsessions are taking over.

I teach you how to eliminate your obsessive mental thoughts. The foremost step is to stop performing mental rituals; this is a very critical and vital step. To reduce compulsive behaviors is to reduce obsessions' excitability.

Thinking non-judgmentally is the next crucial step; that is, to hold the obsession in your mind while no mental responses are generated. Your mind simply observes the obsession without any judgmental reflexions and emotional responses. The obsession is to be effortlessly felt avoiding any mental responses. The whole secret of the procedure is, to effortlessly feel the anxious fear held by the obsession without any mental resistance. The obsession gradually becomes less valuable and thus less threatening; your attention towards the obsession begins decreasing as the non-responsive observation is effortlessly enduring and persisting.

Once the obsession has to a significant degree lost considerable value, then it's time to change your current mental condition. In past, you've certainly experienced your natural mental condition; such a natural condition should be brought back into your mind. You should be able to mentally recall your natural mental condition; proper and related memories may slightly or effectively trigger that natural condition. Once your mind is in a natural and sane condition, then you should begin persist maintaining that condition in order to re-learn it as a habit.

However, taking care of your body and being socially active is a considerable contribution to your mental health. Proper sleeping is essentially important for maintaining your mind healthy. It's important that your peers who are aware of your obsessive mental condition understand the nature of OCD; otherwise they may become harmful probably due to their ignorance of the subject by exciting your obsessive thoughts.

I believe that, the most severe, anxious and chaotic form of Pure O' OCD is the epistemological one.
Remember, it's not fear, nor pain that leads to deleterious and detrimental consequences, but it's the resistance to anxious and painful fear which causes horribly noxious consequences.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pyrrho

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Self-Treatment for Pure O' OCD Sufferers
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 09:26:26 PM »
Hello, in response to your topic, what i found to be most interesting is the part when you said  you believe the most severe, anxious and chaotic form of Pure O' OCD is the epistemological one.  That is because i believe i have Pure O OCD and it has to do with epistemology. I just wandering if you have more information would love to hear it.

Also i was considering to see a therapist who can do CBT that can help with Pure O OCD. Would that be the best thing to do?
 That is why i am not going for self help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stevo1111

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 10:01:00 AM »
I agree with the method but I completely disagree with the use of the word "sane" in this writing. There is nothing insane about compulsive/ repetitive negative thoughts and the emotions that are involved with them. On the contrary, most that suffer from OCD are highly intelligent and logical people, meaning that the response to these thoughts is consciously sane. The thoughts themselves are likely not twisted from reality, they are just negative and bring up an every growing negative emotional/ physical response to them.

Perhaps the link between intelligence and OCD stems from the nature of the obsessive mind. Obsession and rumination go hand in hand; such a mind is creative and much more expansive and critical than average.

While you may never be able to change ones thought patterns completely, and keep out the obsessive thoughts, it is possible to steer which thoughts one may obsess about. If your life is full of negativity, what are you going to obsess about? Having a set of positive reinforcing thoughts to return to is likely more realistic than trying to change the way one thinks.

I have been at it for my entire adult life and have been unable to change my thought process, and I have tried many methods. I have been at my best when I find myself centered in positive thought, around positive people, living a healthy positive lifestyle.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pyrrho

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 08:55:10 PM »
Are there any pure o ocd sufferers who exclusively suffer from questions related to philosophy, existentialism, epistemology, skepticism etc. It is indeed a deadly disease not sure if self treatment is the most usefull advice. But what i can say is having pure o ocd related to philosophy Can make you feel like your beliefs are wrong and you have to keep asking questions on and on and on. I had other forms of ocd like checking and washing hands constantly but the pure o ocd that i have related to epistemology is clearly without a doubt the most destructive problem i have ever had. Life crashed when i started having it and the worst part was getting out of it.

But now after couple of years i understand my pure o ocd which is not enough. I would love to do more reading on ocd in relation to philosophy would be really good. But i have to question before seeking help can CBT help get rid of feelings that pure o ocd has left? Also Can it help to subdue the thought life cycle so it never becomes a threat again?
Bookmark and Share

Offline stevo1111

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 08:48:22 AM »
I did CBT and I can say that for me it has helped me forget the depression and anxiety that was centered around my obsessive thoughts before. By moving on from them, with time, you forget. Of course, things that I encountered daily and feelings from when my OCD was at it worst bring back sudden deep emotions, usually depression, but that is brief because your life now has been so much better that you have forgotten how bad it was.

It's to the point now where if I feel ANY discomfort from anxiety or depression I think "wow this is horrible! I have such bad anxiety/depression". But in reality, objectively looking back I have become accustomed to feeling good most of the time, so feeling bad even a bit is awful.

For some, we have come to live with such feelings for so long that we feel we are trapped and that is the level we will always negotiate at. Take time to figure it out and actively attack the issues, CBT is one of the only ways to actually solve the root cause. Over time you will improve a small amount every day.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: