Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Klonopin (Clonazepam) vs. Prozac?  (Read 5965 times)

Offline Pug60647

• Chatty Misanthrope
  • Rec's: 2
  • one day at a time...
    • Poke This Member
Klonopin (Clonazepam) vs. Prozac?
« on: January 31, 2011, 06:21:54 PM »
Hey has anybody been on both Klonopin and Prozac (separately, not together)? How would you compare them? I've been on Klonopin pretty consistenly since 2004, and I'm worried about having been prescribed it as a daily thing to take for so long. I've read that benzos can leave you with permanent muscle disorders.

For the past year or so I've been on three 1mg pills of Klonopin a day. Today my doctor told me to start taking the Klonopin "as needed". (the first time I've ever been told that by a doctor, and I'm excited to see how it works out, compared to flooding my system with it)

Anyway I'm rambling. I have heard and read that Prozac works a lot better for some people than Klonopin, and I'm curious what the differences are from your experience. Any info is appreciated, thanks :)
Bookmark and Share
"The world is full of suffering, it is also full of overcoming it." - Helen Keller

Offline stalinkipz

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Klonopin (Clonazepam) vs. Prozac?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 08:43:24 PM »
theres a pretty huge difference between K-pins and prozac.
Prozac takes a while to build up in your system and doesnt really have any noticeable effects until 2 weeks or so. after that in theory it should start really helping or not helping at all depending on how you react to your medicine. Klonopin is more geared towards a  short term relieving of anxiety, and while it works good, is not good for use long term like prozac is
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pug60647

• Chatty Misanthrope
  • Rec's: 2
  • one day at a time...
    • Poke This Member
Re: Klonopin (Clonazepam) vs. Prozac?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 09:18:00 AM »
Ok thanks for the info. Yeah, I'm getting skeptical after all this time on Klonopin, it just seems like it's meant to be a 'band-aid'. I'm gonna ask my Dr. about Prozac next time I'm in the office.
Bookmark and Share
"The world is full of suffering, it is also full of overcoming it." - Helen Keller

Tags: