Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Burning sensation under skin and through body- please read  (Read 73288 times)

Offline briteyes1002

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Burning sensation under skin and through body- please read
« on: January 25, 2011, 09:15:37 PM »
Is this anxiety. I actually thought i had an allergic reaction to a new medication I was put on. I went to lay down last week and my body got this burning sensation through it like the inside of my body was on fire or sunburned. I had to skin rashes or itching- just burning that hurt so badly that I could not press up against anything... it goes through my neck,back,throat,arms, chest and stomach- my throat and nose has a cool burning senstation when I breath in and out- almost like that hot minty feeling. So i went to ER thinking it was a reaction. they blew it off because I was complaining of my chest pains still... never gave me anything for it. I went home hours later and the sensation had faded so I just figured it was from the medication. It went away for a few days till yesterday when I was at work when the sensation overcame me all over again. I had to leave work and went to my doctor. She pretty much rolled her eyes at me and said there is nothing in any medical journal that states a burning sensation through the body- I about slapped her and was about to tell her to google it and than come back to me. Everything says I need to see a neuro... I was just wondering if anyone has this constant feeling. Its not as bad now but its more of a cool burning sensation now.. I am not having an anxiety attack and its not from my medicine because I stopped taking it last week. Any ideas? I need direction.

Thanks
Bookmark and Share
The road you leave behind you is another road your going to have to come back down!

Offline kenny0515

• Hypo King
  • Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Burning sensation under skin and through body- please read
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 10:37:12 PM »
i have random burning senstaion some times its most likly from your anxiety
Bookmark and Share

Offline GillLFC

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 07:03:14 AM »
I've had burning sensations in various parts of my body over the last year, very annoying. They come and go, sometimes feels like ive been dipped in acid. Doc said its stress/anxiety, I've googled, and yes it could be neurological but I have found more people who have nothing wrong, been tested and everything, all clear, its all anxiety. If youre gonna google it stick 'anxiety' with your search, see how many people have it, very common.

PS i know what you mean about it in your nose and throat, I could tell if it was coming on there because I would start to get the urge to sneeze a lot.
Bookmark and Share

Offline grateful

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 10:42:27 AM »
Yup that feeling that someone put bengay randomly on the inside of your body? My doc said its anxiety....

Bookmark and Share

Offline fallenangelbrenda

• LIVING THRU THE FEAR
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 11:08:17 AM »
I went thru it when I took myself off my medicine Klonopin. I am going back on the m,edicine because it is the only medicine that has help me. Good Luck. ;D
Bookmark and Share
FALLENANGEL

Offline idreamofskiba

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 03:12:49 PM »
Yes!  I have had this and it drove me crazy.  I explained it as a sunburned feeling under my skin.  My skin looked normal, but felt like it was burning.  My uncle, who also deals with anxiety, once mentioned he made an appointment with his doctor because he'd been feeling weird "Icy Hot" sensations under his skin.  We were both told anxiety (we have separate doctors).
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cgib123

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 11:37:22 PM »
Did you ever find out what was causing your pain? I have has the same thing for many years. Everytime I have ever brought it up to a Dr. They have had no real response other than hmm. Mine is in different areas of my body at different times. It seems to happen every few months. Right now I have it on the right side of my face and the cold feeling when air hits my throat and in my ear. My right eye also burns and is sore. I never have any rash or redness either. I would love to know what it is and how make it stop other than just waiting it out for a few days until it goes away
Bookmark and Share

Tags: