Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: How long will buspar make me this tired?  (Read 13175 times)

Offline msnow

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
How long will buspar make me this tired?
« on: January 13, 2011, 02:17:20 AM »
Hi everyone
I have pretty bad GAD and was recently put on ativan and inderal.  I was never free of anxiety for even a second.  Yesterday I started Buspar.  I feel very excited and hopeful about this medication.  For the first time in a while I wen almost an entire day with such extreme anxiety I couldn't stand it.  The only issue is I am soooooooooo tired.  I feel like a zombie.  How long will this last?  I really want to stick it out and see the full effect of this medication but I am a stay at home mom with 3 kids and I can't nap during the day or be this lethargic.  I have my mom coming over to help tomorrow but after that I am on my own until my husbands next days off a week from now.  Any input would be wonderful.  I really don't want to hear negative stuff about this med please so that I stay hopeful.  I also seem to have a weird headache that comes on for a few min then goes away randomly.  Is this from the med too?  Thanks ahead of time for the posts.
Bookmark and Share

Offline GraspingHope

• Survivor
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: How long will buspar make me this tired?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 03:44:26 PM »
While I cannot solve your busy life and lethergy problem, I will say its best to stay on anything that works on your anxiety. You may have to make clever adjustments in how you run the day, but I believe in time when your body is used to it, it wont be so bad.
Bookmark and Share
This will not defeat me. There is hope. There is relief.

Offline Grandma

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 05:16:53 PM »
Hi msnow -

Since medications affect different people in different ways, I can't tell you how long Buspar will make you feel tired, or even if it is the Buspar which is making you tired today. 

Sometimes it takes some trial and error to find the right med, or combo of meds, that make us feel the best.  You and your doctor are the treatment team in this process.  Please let your doctor know what is happening, and follow his/her advice.

We can share our own experiences, but the only one who should tell you whether or not to stay on a medication is your doctor.

Love, Grandma
Bookmark and Share

Offline jmaria24

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 07:29:52 PM »
How much of it do you take? I take buspar and it makes me drowsy so I usually take it at bedtime. It's a 15 mg pill that can be broken into three 5mg pieces. Sometimes when i have bad anxiety I take one piece at night and one piece in the morning so thats only 10mg. Maybe your taking too much?
Bookmark and Share

Offline msnow

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 09:48:12 PM »
thanks for the replies everyone.  I have 15mg tablets and I was taking half at night and half in the morning.  I didn't take any this morning and I still can't stay awake.  I had my mom come help today but obviously can't do that everyday and have 3 kids to care for.  It is really debilitating.  I don't think I can wait the full two weeks.  Not even sure if I can go one more day.  Very frustrating. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: