Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Tired all the time + frequent tension headache.  (Read 32568 times)

Offline KrissyNicole

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Tired all the time + frequent tension headache.
« on: December 22, 2010, 07:00:02 PM »
I'm always tired! I make it through the day but by 2 o'clock I'm super tired and with that comes a tension headache. Is something wrong with me? :( Why am I so tired?! I sleep enough!
Bookmark and Share

Offline GenSec

• Rec's: 56
    • Poke This Member
Re: Tired all the time + frequent tension headache.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 07:52:31 PM »
Before i was diagnosed with anxiety disorder, with all the symptoms i now hate and experience every day, i used to endure what you are describing every day.....
Tired by about 3 or 4 oclock in the day, even if i had slept that night for 8 ot 9 hours, and a tension headache either on my forehead or back of my head. I learned to live with them, well i had to really - i was tested for my thyroid, anaemia, etc, over the years, and everything came back normal. To be honest i still tire by the middle of the day.... no reason has ever been found.

Do you know something? I used to like having forehead headaches caused by tension... because they gave my mind something to concentrate on, away from other things... seriously. I felt relief at the end of every evening, because all i had to worry about in my life at university and everything was a tension headache... sometimes i would be stressed about work or something and say to myself "i want a pain now to calm me" and over an hour or two, i would sit, watch tv and focus on my head and low and behold i would get a tension headache, and i would think on that innocent harmless pain and the issue that was originally stressing me would be totally reduced.

I'm kinda embarrased to admit this... i don't do it now, and it makes me feel a bit mentally unhinged....

So if i were you, i really wouldn't worry too much about it... to be honest its probably anxiety or depression draining you out, thats what my doctor came to think it all was.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrownofThorns

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 08:48:47 PM »
How is your breakfast and lunch?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Grandma

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 10:57:40 PM »
If you haven't had a complete physical recently, please consider scheduling one now.  The tiredness could be as simple as an under active thyroid, for which the treatment is a small pill daily.  If nothing physical shows up, then it is time to seek treatment for anxiety and/or depression, both of which are highly treatable in most cases.

I had tension headaches daily for years when my children were small.  No reason was ever found for them, and one day they suddenly stopped.  Once in a while I get a headache now, and I am always terrified when I do that they will start up again.  This is the only health fear that I have.  Maybe your doctor can locate triggers for your headaches.  I had to keep a special headache diary for a few weeks, which was actually sort of fun, but there was no pattern to mine.  Hopefully you will have better luck than I did!
Bookmark and Share

Offline KrissyNicole

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 12:35:18 AM »
Oh God I HOPE it's not an underactive thyroid! I will monitor my weight! Isn't that why super obese people get to be that way a lot of the time? :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Grandma

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 11:50:33 AM »
NO NO NO NO NO!!!! An under active thyroid is a non-event.  It is about the easiest, most harmless things to fix. 

My doctor discovered mine while doing routine blood work to find out why I was tired all the time.  I take one tiny pill every morning and that is the whole story!!!  Didn't I say that??????

I'm sorry that I tried to reassure you that it sounded to me like nothing serious is wrong with you.  If you are not going to listen to what  people tell you is true - low thyroid, small pill - and freak out over imaginary nonsense that you think might be true - super obesity, monitoring your weight - then I 'll save my advice for the many, many people in the forums and chat rooms who seek it out and value it.

As long as you are determined to be in a state of unhappiness, believe me, you will be.
Bookmark and Share

Offline floridaguy65

• Rec's: 174
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 12:29:19 PM »
Hi Krissy:) Hun, you're toooo young to have the "weight of the world" on top of you:) It's very apparent through your history of posts that you're struggling with HA / Anxiety Disorder. It sucks, I know. All the peeps on this forum have struggled with it in one fashion or another and we all need assurances here and there. Are you in any type of therapy? Do your parents honestly know the effect these conditions, seemingly, have on you? What's goin' on in your life as far as seeking relief? There is hope for solace from this stuff...I promise. Feel Well:)
Bookmark and Share

Offline brittneya143

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 12:45:39 PM »
Excuse the rudeness of some people! my gosh!! You will hear many stories, advise, etc. If you have anxiety/hypocondria, it is hard to believe people or listen to them... (they should know!) You can read things on google or whatever website, find your symptoms and think you have exactly what it says. Having anxiety is very hard! I was experiencing exactly what you are going through just 3 months ago. I saw a neurologist, had a ct scan, mri and a brain wave test all on my brain. I was having severe headaches in the front part of my head and at the base of my head on the back of my neck, everyday for no reason! Ok, well maybe stress was it, but Ive done nothing different prior to these episodes and Im not doing anything different now. After all the tests and blood work, the only evaluation is.... anxiety! Go figure, right?! Nothing would help my headaches. Not tylenol, not my anxiety meds, nothing.. you just have to start thinking positive and tell yourself that it is the anxiety and you will over come it! Good Luck!
Bookmark and Share
Nothing in life is to be feared,
It is to only be understood.

Offline Grandma

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 12:51:00 PM »
brittney - why don't you get to know me before you call me rude?

I am known as one of the most supportive, knowledgeable, and kind people here.  This is not bragging - this is repeating what I am told almost daily in the forums.  Many people have told me I am like a therapist on line.

But I also know when tough love is needed.  There is HA, which is a difficult disease to suffer with, and there is deliberate twisting of information in order to willfully feed one's fears.  I know the difference.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: