Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: my armpit HURtS! LYMPH NODES :(  (Read 21068 times)

Offline shade

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
my armpit HURtS! LYMPH NODES :(
« on: December 22, 2010, 04:46:04 PM »
2 days ago, i woke up with what i thought was a sore arm. i realized the next day, because it was even more sore, that it was my axillary nodes. i am beside myself. my mom got breast cancer at a relatively young age (45) so I am afraid that i will get it too I'm 27. I can't feel any lumps or anything at all in my breasts, but i can't shake this fear that it's breast cancer spreading to my under arm lymph nodes. it's a little less sore today, but still pretty painful. Help please. i'm on my 10th panic attack in 2 days and i need to talk to someone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline shade

• Poke This Member
Re: my armpit HURtS! LYMPH NODES :(
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 05:52:11 PM »
when no one replies i'm always thinking it's because they don't have anything good to say...:(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sandra01

• Rec's: 20
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 05:52:43 PM »
HOw far are you in your cycle. I always get sore underarms mid cycle and have a long period. Try some Vitamin E. I have long periods and ovulate shortly after. I do have a lymphnode in my breast which is bening. I am assuming my underarm pain comes from that. The coctor saw it in a mammogram.
Bookmark and Share
There Can Never Be A More Beautiful You...
Jonny Diaz

Offline shade

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 05:59:43 PM »
I'm supposed to be on my cycle right now, but because of longeterm antiobiotic use this month i think it is messing up my period. i am only spotting a bit instead. if it was related to my cycle, i would think it would be on both sides, don't you? uggghhh i HATE cancer and fearing it...
Bookmark and Share

Offline mdbhoy1888

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 06:12:54 PM »
Maybe you have got sore muscles or something? If you had BC which spread to your nodes you would feel large hard lumps
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sandra01

• Rec's: 20
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 06:17:01 PM »
Nope. As I said I only have it on my left arm. It depends on where tense tissue is.
Bookmark and Share
There Can Never Be A More Beautiful You...
Jonny Diaz

Offline shade

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 06:22:06 PM »
I can feel a lymph node in that armpit that feels larger than on the other armpit. I'm just scared that maybe the cancer in calcifications so i can't feel it in my breast, and now has spread to my underarm...
Bookmark and Share

Offline renaed

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 06:39:49 PM »
I have always been told that pain=good.

IOW, breast cancer will not hurt.
Bookmark and Share

Offline shade

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 07:16:30 PM »
but would the lymph nodes hurt if it had spread? i know that lymphoma nodes don't typically hury, but i don't know about other cancers that may have metastisized. AAAAAHHHHH! Eff you HA. It wont stop coming up with questions...it is never satisfied.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mdbhoy1888

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 08:33:00 PM »
What your thinking is that BC has metastized to your nodes? Well metastatic nodes are BIG and rock hard
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrownofThorns

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 08:47:37 PM »
My underarms hurt, now and then. An ingrown hair from shaving, the weird way I lean on my computer desk with my arms stretched out, sometimes it's muscular. If you want an idea of how differently and strangely each individual's body works, my underarm nodes hurt if I have too much caffeine.

You said you woke up with this pain, it sounds more like it has to do with the way you slept. When something hurts, you have to backtrack and think about how you slept, what you did that could have made you hurt, your posture, things like that.

Please keep telling your HA to eff off, that's a good start.
Bookmark and Share

Offline irshgurl

• Rec's: 10
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2010, 09:18:54 PM »
Whatever you do...do not keep poking it.  I have had a sore breast and underarm for months because I have a fear of breast cancer/cancer in general so I obsessively poked and prodded myself.  It started with a tense shoulder and I made it 100 times worse. 

If you poke lymph nodes they will become inflamed and painful.  As for the metastatic cancer, I would think you's be very, very sick right now with something more than a sore arm.  Take some deep breaths and occupy yourself with something other than scary thoughts.   
Bookmark and Share
And I just can't keep living this way
So starting today, I'm breaking out of this cage
I'm standing up, I'ma face my demons
I'm manning up, I'ma hold my ground
I've had enough, now I'm so fed up
Time to put my life back together right now! -Eminem "Not Afraid"

Offline sparklet2379

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2010, 10:12:43 PM »
I've had issues w my left underarm for years now.  It would be sore and much more so right around the time of my menstrual cycle.  I also had a larger lump that was pretty painful when touched.  Anyway, about 3 years ago, I finally  went to see a doctor for the issue.  Immediately he scheduled me for surgery, so a week later he took out 14 swollen lymph nodes.   They were all benign, too.  He didn't know why I had them or what caused the whole situation and I could never find anything like it on the net when I researched it on my own.  To this day, I still get the soreness and tenderness in that area, especially before and during my period.  Don't know what it is but i do know its not cancer.  Just don't be too alarmed and of course its always good to have it checked by a professional just to make sure. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: