Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Off balance feelings and weak legs  (Read 10627 times)

Offline Allisa00

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Off balance feelings and weak legs
« on: December 22, 2010, 03:48:50 PM »
Hello!  I have suffered with panic and anxiety for over 5 years now.  Lately I have been feeling so bad physically.  I was wondering if anyone else deals with dizziness/ off balance feelings...weak legs ?  I went to an ENT who did a few tests on me including a caloric test.  Dr said dizziness could be caused from Migraine associated vertigo.  I do get hormonal migraines every month.  He said he could order and MRI to rule out anything else if I wanted, but I am so nervous to get an MRI.  I guess I just need support.  I am so tired of being so afraid and I am so tired of feeling bad everyday.  I have convinced myself I have MS or a brain tumor.  Thanks for listening!
Bookmark and Share

Offline jessicaA

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Off balance feelings and weak legs
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 03:54:46 PM »
I am sure that if he thought it was anything serious he would have insisted  on a MRI. You may be feeling so bad physically due to your anxiety or depression.   Being nervous and scared all the time takes a toll on the body!  Sometimes when I have a bad anxiety spell, I feel a little dizzy...and release my breathing is off. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline tranquilityNow

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 04:05:42 PM »
Hello Allisa  and welcome.  You will find lots of help and friends here.  It is a very active board, which is great.
Anyway, I have dizziness often, part is due to the fact that I have an inner disorder, Labyrinthitis, which messes with my balance and causes vertigo.  The dizziness is much worse when I am anxious.  Sometimes I feel I am going to fall down just from the dizziness.  Today I had the weak legs when I woke up and also dizziness.  I hadn't eating much yesterday except drank Sprite because I was having to do errands and sit thru getting my hair colored while fighting the anxiety feels.  It wasn't a bad day though, since I was proud of myself for doing everything I set out to do.  Anyway, I talked to the nurse at my gp office and she said I probably just screwed up my sugar on top of everything else.  So you may just not be eating right, and really , who does?
I would bet my last dollar that you are only having anxiety issues.  Stop worrying, if the doc had any inkling at all that something was truly amiss, he would have started ordering tests.  MRI's are a very good tool for finding multiple problems.  Look at it this way, you can't do anything about some things, so just wait until you have something to worry about before you start worrying..Many hugs, and keep us posted on your road to recovery. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline tranquilityNow

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 04:08:44 PM »
I meant to type INNER EAR disorder....lol...also, try going to chat after you have made your 3 required posts, there's always someone there to cheer you up, or discuss your problems.
Bookmark and Share

Offline renaed

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 06:42:19 PM »
Yup-see my new post. I definitely have anxiety and DEF feel off-balance sometimes :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: