Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Chest Pain waking up.  (Read 22953 times)

Offline TheOriginalDollz

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Chest Pain waking up.
« on: December 15, 2010, 12:17:29 PM »
 ::) And of course there is more and another post from me lol. I woke up about 30 mins ago and I have chest pain (minor minor) and discomfort on the left of my chest where my heart is. I don't know what causes this but it is starting to rlly get on my nerves. If it isn't one thing it is another and I am trying my best to hold myself together and tell myself it is nothing so I don't spiral down today. Any of you wake up with chest pain and discomfort ? Maybe I just sleep to still and in the same spot to long? -sighs- I don't even know what to think anymore.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Grandma

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Chest Pain waking up.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 12:34:17 PM »
Dollz - ANXIETY IS CAUSING THIS!!!!!

You have heard this over and over from doctors, who really know, and from people here in the forum and in the chat room, who really know that the doctors really know.

No matter how many times you ask variations of the same question - and face it, that's what you are doing - the answers will be the same.

Until it finally sinks in that anxiety is causing all your chest/heart/abdomen/back/etc. discomfort/aches/pains/shooting pains/throbbing pains/etc and start using your energy to combat the anxiety instead of using it to drive yourself into a frenzy of worry and fear every day, nothing will change.

Time for tough love - and you know I do love you - from Grandma.

Now do something about this before I get mad.  Anyone in my family can tell you, you don't want to get Grandma mad.
Bookmark and Share

Offline TheOriginalDollz

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 12:37:34 PM »
 I know and I rlly appreciate it ;( it would just help if the symptoms would manovour to other places of my body . It used to now it's strictly heart and chest related. All day everyday. I think the hard part is just how you get use to things being a certain way , then symptoms and you get used to them , and then they change and repeat it's a toughy to keep up with :(.
Bookmark and Share

Offline GenSec

• Rec's: 55
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 01:05:54 PM »
I used to get this every night and morning - a sharp bad pain in the left side of my chest - until i did 2 things;

1. Started meds that calmed down my anxiety, and

2. Stopped sleeping on my front or left hand side in bed. Now i sleep on my right hand side and get no more pains. Do you sleep on your front or left hand side? If you do then try stopping that.

Hope it helps!
Bookmark and Share

Offline TheOriginalDollz

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 01:08:38 PM »
Ya I sleep mainly on my left side O.O. My chest especially left side is just uncomfy everyday . Anxiety can do that? I mean I know andxiety can cause chest discomfort but everyday all day with no other anxiety feelings or triggers besides being anxious about the chest things I am feeling of course.
Bookmark and Share

Offline GenSec

• Rec's: 55
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 01:15:51 PM »
In my case, all day every day before the changes i made...... yes. Certainly

You know...... if i were a lady, and if i was a friend of yours, and sitting beside you right at this moment, i get this massively strong feeling in my mind that the best medication by far you could get for all your aches, pains and ongoing heart issues you describe on this forum is a huge, good long hug......

I'm a traditional sort of guy in some areas.... i'd have to be a girl to do anything like that... or you would be!  :P

Anyway back to being serious..... don't sleep on your left hand side tonight, give that a try i'd gamble that will help you alot.
Bookmark and Share

Offline TheOriginalDollz

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 01:31:38 PM »
 Well the thought is nice so thank you haha. Yeah I just took a shower and my heart felt like it was about to just explode. so I had to get out -sighs- One day.
Bookmark and Share

Offline floridaguy65

• Rec's: 174
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 03:49:22 PM »
Hi there OrigDz.:) Have to agree with Grandma. But, I can feel you pain, Brother:) We can sit here and give you assurances until we are blue in the face that anxiety can cause your symptoms, and in your case it's, overwhelmingly, likely the culprit. I can say this because you've had NUMEROUS heart tests...all normal. My heart (chest aches and pains) was my SOLE worry when anxiety got its grip on me. I was 100% (not 99%) positive that there was something wrong with my heart...how else could I be experiencing ALL these freakin' crazy symptoms and having these friggin' intrusive thoughts of dying? Test after test, they ALL came back normal. Very discouraging actually, because if I was diagnosed with something organic, I could treat it, perhaps, and move past this whole nonsense. But alas, no physical ailment to hang my symptoms upon. So from there, I was FORCED to look elsewhere...not in my body - but my in mind. And it was there, and ONLY there, that I was able to gain some solace, eventually. Sure, I had to take meds for awhile to take the edge off my anxiety (it was through the roof) so I could have some reduction in symptoms and be clear-headed enough to formulate a game plan to deal with my Anxiety Disorder(s). I read books, what few were available then. Sought out some therapy. The quality of therapy for Anxiety Disorders was less than desirable back then, as well...so I used it as a source for my meds, for the most part. I taught myself anxiety reduction techniques (breathing and visualization stuff). Understood that I was solely responsible for my well-being and I got busy finding ways to keep my anxiety in check so I could live better - hell, so I could just live! Mind you, this is the condensed version (we haven't the time for all my trials and tribulations, trust me:) and it took time for me to gain the "upper hand" on anxiety. There were (and still are) setbacks, but I kept on keepin' on. Did I cry to my Mom? You bet. Did I think I was "cursed" for having this? Hell yeah. Did I sabotage relationships over this? Yes, indeed. Did I drop out of school for a time? Yep. Did I quit jobs because of anxiety? Yes. Did I drink away my pains too often back then? Absolutely. Man, Anxiety Disorder is a Motherfu#******#. It can crush your soul and make you feel worthless, hell, it can make you feel less than worthless...it can make you feel guilty for even being put on this Earth to begin with. Pardon the dramatics, a bit, I suppose...but even now I well up with tears thinking about the lowest of lows. But THAT being said, I'm 45 years old now (25 years into my life with anxiety) and have an absolutely lovely wife and a precious 2 years old daughter that sets the sun in the sky for me everyday of my life:) Looking back, do I wish for things to have been different?...maybe a lil' easier?...maybe a lil' less anxiety / panic? I don't rightly know and I don't often dwell on it anymore...all I do know is that my life's path has lead me to where I'm at today. And for that I'm proud, happy (for the most part:) and resolute to stay on my healing journey for the REST of my life. So OrigD., you, and only you, can make that ultimate choice to TRY (and then TRY AGAIN) to build your strength and create a healing path for yourself. There should be NO resource left unchecked and there should be NO avenue left unventured. IMHO, there is a healing path for us all. But WE must find it...it's not going to show up, magically, on our doorstep for us to, simply, bend down and pick it up. Is it easy? Nope Is it frustrating? Yes. But can it be done? Absolutely. It has been accomplished by many...I'm not that special, or deserving, of a person that I'm the only one that can seek a healing path. Far from it. What's it gonna be? Another med test? Or an attempt at moving towards actual healing? You can get beautiful, powerful support for the healing path. But support for med tests will be shallow and not sincere, IMHO:) I love all of us fighting these Anxiety Disorders. I can feel the pain, as if I'm sitting next to someone. There is a bond amongst us. We can find solace, I know this to be true:) Feel Well:)
Bookmark and Share

Offline TheOriginalDollz

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 04:23:04 PM »
 Oh wow....Thank you :O. Im just busting my ass trying to ignore it. Buty hard to ignore what  I feel , maybe if I ignore it I wont notice it and it'll just go away?
Bookmark and Share

Offline floridaguy65

• Rec's: 174
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 04:56:13 PM »
Hi:) Yeah, I know. But, busting your ass to do it will lead to MORE symptoms, IMHO. Calm acceptance and then ALL the anxiety reduction techniques know to man should be tried, patiently:) It's not easy...I know. It comes with practice and understanding that you, simply, can't "wish" it away:) Feel Well:)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: