Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Chest pain 2 days after vommiting  (Read 43646 times)

Offline TheOriginalDollz

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Chest pain 2 days after vommiting
« on: December 11, 2010, 10:05:48 PM »
Ok i am prob freaking out for nothing , 2 nights ago I had a huge tummy bug and I vommited and had severe dihrea for like 12 hrs , I threw up a total of about 30 times to the point of dry heaving. I went to the ER the day after for a rapid heart rate ( which is not un heard of for me) They sent me home in the clear with some klonoping but today when I breathe in deeply my shoulders and sides hurt and my chest just feels so weird and bizare , could that be because of all the throwing up I did? MY back , chest , upper tummy and shoulders rlly hurt. So do u guys think it was from being sick two days ago? any of u ever been thro this I rlly need to calm down :( ty all for reading.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Grandma

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Chest pain 2 days after vommiting
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 10:49:26 PM »
I've never actually heard of this, but it makes perfect sense to me that your body would be aching after all that upheaval.  I broke two ribs once during a terrible coughing fit, so nothing along these lines would surprise me.

Your best bet is to stop breathing in deeply because I just know that you are doing this over and over to see if it still hurts, insuring that the muscles will have as hard a time as possible getting back to normal.

There is an old joke - a man says to the doctor, "doc, it hurts when I move my arm like this" and the doctor says "So, don't move your arm like that".  Groan - I know it's corny - but it's true!!!

Bookmark and Share

Offline TheOriginalDollz

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 11:04:35 PM »
 Ya its just scary I just hate this....I'm just so sad....and tired.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Grandma

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 11:24:56 PM »
I know sweetie - it's no fun at all.  But I promise you that you will get through it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MidnightRun

• Rec's: 2
  • Be happy for this moment.This moment is your life.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 11:41:39 PM »
You've been tensing up and your muscles are worn out from vomiting 30 times.  You're also probably a little dehydrated and still fighting the bug that made you vomit.  Pain in your shoulders, back, and even chest when you breathe deeply are ALL normal.  I've had the same pain after vomiting and even felt weak, unwell for a week and a half.  You have to let your body heal.  The anxiety is making the muscle tension and fatigue worse.  Do whatever you can to distract yourself, maybe listen to music or watch a film while resting. 

Hang in there and you will be just fine!
Bookmark and Share

Offline TheOriginalDollz

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 12:03:25 AM »
THANK U SOOOOOO MUCH!
Bookmark and Share

Offline sweetnspunky

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 12:15:10 AM »
Dollz- I had that bug a while back. It was the sickest I had ever been. Yes I was very sore like you were describing for a couple of days afterward. I mean everything was sore and hurt. I was convinced I was dying, but my boyfriend made me take a hot bath and try to relax- it helped a little. But you are o.k. and that's totally normal after being that sick especially with dry heaves.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insomnia

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 02:28:39 AM »
oh girl, your muscles are probably all cranky on you right now!  just keep it loose and get some rest and drink lots of fluids to replenish your reserve.  you will be fine!
Bookmark and Share

Offline SadDucky

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 02:37:45 AM »
If it helps you feel better I had really REALLY bad morning sickness with my 2nd pregnancy and I constantly felt like I had been beat with a bat from throwing up. It was horrible. My stomach felt like I did a million crunches, my ribs felt broken, my shoulders where tight from supporting myself over any place I could puke. I seriously felt like I had been worked to death and that lasted for 4 months for me :(

So yes to answer your question that much puking can leave your body extremely sore. Also you might try drinking a good bit too cause being dehydrated will make you feel even worse. Your chest probably hurts from heaving.
Bookmark and Share

Offline TheOriginalDollz

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 01:54:11 PM »
Thank u guys I feel better and less sore today! But man was that scary especialy for me having HEART ANXIETY! lol Thank u all so much for ur time and comfort.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MR PA

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 07:45:34 AM »
happens all the time,snezzing does it to even cracks my back at times
Bookmark and Share

Tags: