Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Vibration type feeling in chest area?  (Read 5298 times)

Offline ad2002

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Vibration type feeling in chest area?
« on: October 29, 2010, 05:55:40 PM »
Ok, so not feakin out to much cause I know it can't be anything wrong with my heart since I had all those tets back in June/July that all came back good. I don't know what this is though. I get these feelings that like the center of my chest is vibrating every now and then. I am wondering if maybe it has to do with my acid reflux. I take Nexium, but I know I also get a fair amount of gas like burps and stuff. I have also been dealing with a feeling of having a lump in my throat as well. Has anyone had this sensation before? I wen to the DR. like yesterday, but it wasn't bothering me as much, so I didn't think of it at the time. Any suggestions?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sugarpeeps

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Vibration type feeling in chest area?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 07:16:24 PM »
I get that vibration feeling occasionally as well, usually it happens near or at bedtime.  I am not sure what it is, but at least you know someone else gets it as well.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hunniedeww24

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 09:12:40 PM »
    I get these when my indegestion and heartburn are really acting up. I too have had a lot of heart tests done in the last few months due to "palps". They say its from anxiety but it ONLY happens when I have upset stomach, or a lot of gas pressure. I think its more like esphogual(sp) spasms of some sort. Thats what the quivering makes me think of, usually I'll have those grips mid chest too soon after or before.  My mom has the same thing only her doc told her it was her vegus nerve being irritated and it has everything to do with your stomach(with the flutters, quivers or thumps in her chest). I'm still searching for a doctor that will listen to me and no blame everything off on my anxiety. They may be right, but  ya never know.
Bookmark and Share
~The one big bummer about reality is.....there's no awesome background music~

Offline haileyb25

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 01:34:17 AM »
I had this problem. Id have other ppl feel my chest bc I was sure they'd be able to feel it; no one could. I got my heart checked out in nuuuumerous ways, everything came out fine--even wore a holter moniter, etc. etc. For me it was definitely anxiety related, or even gas related at times as someone else mentioned, BUT when it was really dramatic, I mean super bad...like...I couldnt turn in bed without it being really bad, I thought something was seriously wrong with me. My cardiologist gave me ativan for my anxiety. Well, ativan made all that mess go away, so...bingo, we know what caused it. Wonderful doc btw. who knew then only way Id relax is if I could see the symptoms dissappear from an anti-anxiety. I don't notice it anymore btw, if it happening.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: