Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone know anything about shoulder pain and colon cancer?  (Read 6659 times)

Offline KatB

• Rec's: 5
    • Poke This Member
Anyone know anything about shoulder pain and colon cancer?
« on: October 12, 2010, 10:24:08 AM »
Ok so I am back here again, after feeling 10 times better with some of the great responses I got with my last post...my shoulder started to hurt. In the past 3 years two close friends of the family past away from cancer. Both colon cancer and both experienced shoulder pain.

Now , I have the small little bump under my left ribcage which could be a hernia, a muscle tear my colon who knows..Dr's did  not worry about it but then my shoulder started aching a few days ago . Now my mind is racing and I have been checking colon cancer symptoms and right shoulder pain is one of the symptoms. Now I am worried again , could all this stuff that is happening with my lump or bump or hernia be colon cancer ?

Do I talk to my Dr again and  press her to check me for colon cancer ? I am so tired of feeling this way being scared about every little ache and pain. Analyzing every symptom and basically becoming a walking medical dictionary. I just want to stick my head in the sand like an Ostrich and hide from the world and my own mind.

Kat
Bookmark and Share

Offline KatB

• Poke This Member
Re: Anyone know anything about shoulder pain and colon cancer?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 10:27:28 AM »
Sorry I forgot to mention that I got tested for low iron, I was experiencing heart palpitations, lower blood pressure,  short of breath etc etc. I am pregnant and realize that it is normal to be low in iron but since my mind has issues...I stared connecting the dots. Anemia, bump under left ribcage, shoulder pain...I just cannot stop panicking about this and thinking about it every single day. Never worried about colon cancer before this is a new one .
Bookmark and Share

Offline crazygirl1

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 10:28:24 AM »
wow i never heard of that & i never saw that listed as a symptom. My mom passed away from colon cancer 10 years ago & she never told me that. Her symptoms were bathroom issues-pain & diareah...then came hte weight loss. I myself had a colonoscopy last year at the age of 38, so you could alwasy just have that test done and be done wiht the worry.
Bookmark and Share
Revelation 7:17
 ... and God will wipe every tear from their eyes."

Offline crazygirl1

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 10:55:04 AM »
holy smokes i did actually just google & saw that listed as a symptom...my goodness never saw that before. I've had shoulder pain, but not persistent or anything....
Bookmark and Share

Offline KatB

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 12:05:49 PM »
Yeah isn't that weird, I have never worried about colon cancer. Now with all the things I am experiencing I am worried . I might just ask for a colonoscopy , even the word colonoscopy is making me worry.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crazygirl1

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 12:14:40 PM »
well I'd do the colonoscopy, only because its such an effective test although chances are yours is nothing serious serious. I have colon cancer in my family, and I'm a long term smoker ( another thing I just learned plays a role in it-funny how I've researched for years over it but never saw these 2 things until now?)
Do you have carpal tunnel syndrome? Maybe its that...
i dsont see much about the shoulder pain being a symptom other than yes its listed as a symptom. Did you happen to find out if its any special kind of pain, how long, or anythign more detailed? freaky...
oh to live a life without anxiety...:)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sugarpeeps

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 01:22:54 PM »
If you can't get a colonoscopy or don't want to at this time, request a test where you poop on a stick and they analyze it.  I don't know what the test is, my parents just call it the poop on a stick test.  It looks for microscopic blood in your stool which is known to be an early sign of colon cancer.  The people I know who have had colon cancer didn't have palpable lumps on their bodies, they did have blood in their stools.  I have had a few hernias, they did involve lumps.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nicollette

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 01:30:18 PM »
I think the best thing to relieve your health anxiety would be to go ahead and have the colonoscopy.  I don't know your age, but with the worrying and symptoms that are scaring you, it would be worth it, IMHO.

I went through it and no it is not pleasant, but you know what?  I was the happiest person alive when they gave me the paper that said no cancer, and come back in ten years!    It was worth it all.   Just my opinion. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline crazygirl1

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 01:46:40 PM »
Lucky Nicollette-10 years?
I didnt think it was too unpleasant either but I had 4 benign polyps removed & told to return in 3 years. That was last year, 1 down 2 to go. Its worth it though.
Bookmark and Share

Offline KatB

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 02:23:11 PM »
Hey everyone,  I am 38 . Never had issues with my bowels or anything. Perhaps because of the little lump and anemia and all the other little things its started making me worry. I will ask my Dr about it the next time I see her. There is not much I can do right now being 30 weeks pregnant . I might just go for the poop and scoop thing or whatever they tell me. The only way I will feel ok is getting things checked out .
My husband suffered from Diverticulosis , had to have surgery to remove part of his colon. He was experiencing so many colon cancer signs its unreal. I still worry about him too as soon as he complains of stomach pain or something I keep thinking they missed cancer.

Watching Dr Oz two weeks ago didn't help. He had a colonoscopy and was found to have precancerous polyp. He kept saying how he eats right etc etc and look at his situation. It makes you think , be a HA sufferer and it makes you think twice as bad and with after effects  :spineyes:.

I'm am wishing us all piece of mind , this is just getting way out of control for me . I hate it.

Bookmark and Share

Offline crazygirl1

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 02:28:27 PM »
Kat-I just turned 39. I cant believe it, seems like its just too young for this stuff but i guess not. Being 30 weeks pregnant-it pobably has something to do with it, babie's push everything all around inside. I'm so sorry -I can imagine you're not enjoying yoru pregnancy as much as you could because of this.
I saw Dr. Oz too...they do say genetics plays a big role. How old is your husband? My mom had divert. too before the cancer....Could you be anemic from being pregnant?
Bookmark and Share

Offline KatB

• Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 02:48:58 PM »
He is 45. That's the thing, he was told he has divert. and got an operation to remove part of the diseased colon. I thought that divert. is always a sign of colon cancer and I am trying to get him to go get checked out again. Now with me, yes being pregnant could be why I am anemic. I think what makes me worry is that what if it is just not from being pregnant ? Why do I have the lump too , I had it before pregnancy . Why is my shoulder aching...why why and what and if and how. Those are the stupid ??? in my  head almost all day.

My husband grandfather died of lung cancer he was a heavy smoker. My grandmothers sister died of cancer , uterus. Not sure if we have colon cancer in the family . THe fact that in the past 3 years I have had 2 people I know ( family friends) die of colon cancer have seriously scared the living crap out of me. I think my anxiety got triggered after that even more because it hit so close to me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crazygirl1

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 03:02:23 PM »
yes losing people to cancer send us into panic mode. HWta has your dr. said? I know the lump wouldnt be ca.... ( sometimes I just cant say it or spell it) because if its inside-you can rarely feel them...my mom felt hers but she was stage 4-you'd be VERY sick if the lump was ca.... because you wouldnt feel it unless it had grown. I really think you're fine but i can see why you ave so many q's-i would too. I also see how yoru spike in fear is related to teh 2 people you've known who have died from cancer. I'm the same way.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jeannddp

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 03:52:46 PM »
Hi Kat..... Sorry to hear about your worries. Hoping maybe I can help a bit. I also have a bump under my left rib. I have had it forever and I'm fine. Funny thing is, my 15 yr old son has the same bump in the same location since birth. Ped says he's fine. He must have inherited it from me. As far as the shoulder pain, I had terrible terrible pains in my joints when I was pregnant. I could not turn my head and my shoulder. Had to see a chiropractor to relieve the pain. She told me I had a build up of lactic acid from the pregnancy. Pregnancy brings on a lot of weird symptoms. I had terrible heartburn, neurological problems....migraine headaches with aura/tunnel vision, and both my nipples bled. Talk about strange, huh?  Problems lasted 6 mos after birth because of the hormones. Don't think you have a problem, but mention it to your OB. I'm sure you'll get the reassurances you need from him. Feel better!
Bookmark and Share

Offline KatB

• Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2010, 06:04:33 PM »
Hey Jeannddp
I had a few Dr's feel the bump and they all said they where not worried. The thing is I am also not trusting them, one said hernia one said colon one said muscle..its so confusing. Then this week my shoulder started hurting me and now I think I have colon cancer.
Thank you for kind words, it is not fun being pregnant and worrying on top of everything. Oh and then I find out I am anemic this week. Hopefully that is due to the pregnancy and not colon cancer. I am so drained  from all this and yes getting it checked out is the best thing to ease my mind . Am I delaying because I am nervous that they will tell me I am going to die .

Thank you all again :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: