Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Ovulation, Memory, Anxiety  (Read 5088 times)

Offline Sandra01

• Rec's: 20
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Ovulation, Memory, Anxiety
« on: October 02, 2010, 06:09:21 PM »
Heya,

Ok, I have been keeping track of my symptoms and they seem to be consistent with fourteen days after the first day of my period. Fourteen days after my period I worry about my memory.

Symptoms would be that I am more forgetful. I cry more. I eat more which then puts me on a guild trip. I believe less in myself which then leads into depression. And due to my forgetfulness I worry more about alzheimer.

But it is not just that during the fourteen days -twentyone days after my period I worry about everything.

Othertimes I can shrugg my fear about Greencard renewal, alzheimer, ovarian cancer and what not but during that time I simply can't. I obsess about it which leads me to believe that my anxiety issues are hormonal.

The logical consequence would be talking to a doctor about it who can prescribe me something so I can manage but which doctor really believes that anxiety is cycle related?

I mean even if you look at my date of my posts you would see a pattern that around a certain time of the months I start posting like a maniac worrying about things, then I let go and then I come on strongly again.

So who else has anxiety problem which are cycle related?
Bookmark and Share
There Can Never Be A More Beautiful You...
Jonny Diaz

Offline GillLFC

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Ovulation, Memory, Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 07:27:58 PM »
Definitely. I've been monitoring my cycles for several months and around ovulation my anxiety creeps back for 2-3 days. And yes i lose all logic and reason about my symptoms too! Also I've had pms the week before my period which I never suffered with before this year. I'm 39 now and I've read that's it common to experience these things as we approach the peri menopause years and our hormones go whack. I'm still regular so I don't think I'm quite there but I have noticed some changes in length, now 5 days instead of 7, and my periods are a bit lighter than they used to be.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sandra01

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 08:15:37 PM »
I am thirty seven. I also noticed that my period is lighter and shorter but it is as regular as it can be.  I wish I could do something around the time which makes me less anxious.
Bookmark and Share
Jonny Diaz

Offline GillLFC

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 08:30:35 PM »
I know Hun. I went to see my GP about it in June and she said as I was a smoker I couldn't go on the pill and gave me some literature on diet and vitamins that can help with hormones and pms. Maybe look into that.

Also just knowing that there is a hormonal reason for the anxiety can help. I just tell myself it will be over in a few days. It is hard but I think in time I'll become more used to recognising it and not freaking out as much. Then again by then I'll probably be getting other symptoms as I get older and hit peri, urgh not fun being a woman is it? Lol

Keep journaling your cycles and make note of your symptoms, that will help you understand what is happening to you and hopefully ease some of the worry.

Gill x
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sandra01

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 12:01:18 PM »
I am thinking of just trying the birthcontrol pill but I don't want to risk my health just so my hormones are balanced and for not experiencing anxiety symptoms after all birthcontroll pills can cause ovarian, and uterine cancer. But at the other hand I might feel better doing so.

Maybe I will try a vitamin b or something like that.
Bookmark and Share
Jonny Diaz

Offline GillLFC

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 12:36:05 PM »
I take evening primrose oil, starflower oil and folic acid. I also started to take agnus castus a couple of months ago and my pms has definitely improved.

I agree. Try some vitamins first. The first three I mentioned are supposed to be good for balancing hormones.

All the best
Gill x
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sandra01

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 08:23:57 AM »
I will check them out. Thank you for your wonderful replies. I appreciate it.
Bookmark and Share
Jonny Diaz

Offline jbrokeri

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 08:14:18 AM »
Not sure if this helps, but I just got this week's issue of Time magazine yesterday, and there is a column about how ovulation and hormonal fluctuations are now proven to impact memory and concentration, which can obviously lead to what you're talking about.  If you have a trusting relationship with your doctor it certainly wouldn't hurt to talk to them about some possible solutions!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sandra01

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 08:17:39 AM »
Thank you so much. I think I am going to get me that issue. It does help.
Bookmark and Share
Jonny Diaz

Offline GillLFC

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 08:47:25 AM »
I will check them out. Thank you for your wonderful replies. I appreciate it.

Anytime hun  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline crazygirl1

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 09:59:58 AM »
I"m 39, on the pill for years and in the past year I've had to switch pills 4 times due to ovulation ( the pill is supposed to suppress it but with me it was not, and I was having PAINful ovulation) Yes it does affect my anxiety, switching pills/hormones I've seen the difference they make too, some are worse for anxiety, some not bad. The pill is known to help almost "prevent" ovarian cancer because it suppresses ovulation. the cancers it may increase risk for are uterine & breast, but they cant seem to "prove" that. Anyway yes my anxiety is worse around 14-22 days after start of my period, adn I"m on the pill so that may not be any help to you to start taking it for yoru anxiety.
Bookmark and Share
Revelation 7:17
 ... and God will wipe every tear from their eyes."

Offline Sandra01

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 10:29:47 AM »
I am a total freak when it comes to medicines. I am so scared of overdosing.

I drink Ginger Tea for pain. If it doesn't help I take nopraxen.  I try Tumeric and garlic first as an antibiotics. If it doesn't clear up I go get one from the doc.

I tell my husband every time I take an nopraxen or any medicine just in case I accidently overdose (meaning taking them twice) so he can bring me to the doctor LOL

There are so many sideeffects the birth control pill can bring to you I am a bit nervous to take it but I am thinkin gof trying just to see if I really have a hormonal inbalance.
Bookmark and Share
Jonny Diaz

Offline mrsb

• Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 09:47:15 PM »
I have really bad anxiety 14 days after my period (from ovulation until the end of my period). I started noticing this recently. Usually I can just brush things off that I worry about but if it's during that time.. forget about it. I worry and worry and worry. I think it's mostly because I just don't 'feel right' during that time. I'm depressed, irritable, have low self esteem, have a headache, am tired... and all those things combined make for some really bad anxiety. And then, when I'm so anxious, I start to get head 'wooshes' and what I imagine as weird subtle feelings in my head which only happen when I think about them or am super anxious. But when those happen.. I just start to lose it. So I'm right there with you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sandra01

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 09:53:23 PM »
Thanks for your support and letting me know that I am not the only one. I hope we can figure out what we can do about it.
Bookmark and Share
Jonny Diaz

Tags: