Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Is it normal for vision to get blurry in only one eye?  (Read 13609 times)

Offline magnumforce2006

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is it normal for vision to get blurry in only one eye?
« on: September 28, 2010, 08:30:30 AM »
So today, my eyesight is totally normal. I realized that when covering both of my eyes (one at a time) my vision in both is about equal. However, for a few days in the past week, I would do this when perceiving blurry vision. My right eye would always seem fine, but my left would always seem slightly more blurry... Not dramatically so. And I would only notice it only when looking at things that were relatively distant, or changing my vision from something that was close to something that was further away.

I realize that MOST people that start to notice vision problems with serious disorders tend to notice more dramatic changes... But the one-sided nature of my blurriness problem (that comes and goes a few days over the past 3 weeks) worries me.
Bookmark and Share

Online sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 223
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is it normal for vision to get blurry in only one eye?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 08:48:20 AM »
IDK if it is normal or not.  I know that if my sinus' are buggy a bit, it can affect me in just one eye.  I also know that one eye I have clearer vision than in my other.

you are right neuro issues affecting the eye would be MUCH more dramatic and NOT as transient.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline magnumforce2006

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 08:52:58 AM »
Yeah. I guess what's really been giving me some trouble since all this started is the fact that some symptoms tend to be present for a couple hours or maybe a day (dizziness/nausea, sore back, sore leg), while some seem to stick around for a number of days to a week (numb-feeling in foot, blurriness in left eye).

But again, I have to remember that something like MS would manifest itself in stronger behaviors. The numbness I feel is not debilitating, and the blurriness is maybe a difference of 20-30% (as opposed to 80% to total loss of vision that many people with MS experience).

Don't mind me, just vomiting out my worries before my MRI tonight  ;D
Bookmark and Share

Online sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 223
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 08:56:20 AM »
vomit away.  I'm a mom, I've cleaned up a good bit of vomit.  At least yours doesn't stink up my house.  ;D
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 10:34:41 AM »
If you have not had an eye examination recently, it may not be a bad idea
to make an appointment with an Opthamologist.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline GillLFC

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 11:28:27 AM »
I second what Marc says. It may be that your left eye is getting a little weaker than your right. Or it might be nothing. An eye check will soon tell you.

My husband and I both wear glasses and we both have one eye weaker than the other. My hubby is always getting a bit of a blurry left eye and it has been a few years since he had an eye test, he maybe needs new glasses.

On a side note I was sat at my computer the other day and my right eye got incredibly blurry, for a split second I started to freak until I realised the lens had fallen out of my glasses lol I think I need new ones too!

Gill x
Bookmark and Share

Offline magnumforce2006

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 11:34:21 AM »
So from what I'm understanding this is NOT a normal side-effect of anxiety? I'm only asking because the left eye blurriness is just one of a host of symptoms I've been experiencing over the past 3 weeks, it being one of the most persistent.

I've also been experiencing a lot of floaters, which I also chalked up to anxiety. But the possiblity of something like Lyme disease still haunts me (I do live in a high-risk area, and go outdoors a lot).

I've already been tested for Lyme twice, however... And both came back negative. I don't want it to become a witch hunt for a disease I might not have (even though supposedly the conventional tests can't be trusted, BLECH).
Bookmark and Share

Offline GillLFC

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 11:40:50 AM »
Well anxiety CAN cause vision issues, with changes in blood pressure and breathing. But its best to rule out other stuff which is what your doing. Sorry I don't know much about Lyme but if you've been tested and it was negative I wouldn't worry, yeah I know easier said than done!!

Good luck with the MRI, hopefully then you'll start to feel better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline magnumforce2006

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 01:34:29 PM »
One more thing... I noticed yesterday (when my left eye was giving me trouble), that the pupil was much larger/dialated than in my right eye... Could this be evidence of a migraine affecting the eye?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: